Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Purchase Clothes On-Line or In-Person

Thumbs up In person in stores

I buy all my own lingerie new in stores or second hand at op shops. I used to get embarrsed when I first started buying them but now I enjoy walking around in the ladies underware section of the stores looking at all the sexy things they have. I like to pick a counter that has a nice looking young girl on it when I go to pay as they are usualy the ones that don't take any notice of the fact that I am a man buying something sexy. I have had a couple of them make the comment of "someones a lucky girl" and I think to myself, if they only new the truth. Sometimes the male salesperson will give me a funny look that's why I like to chose a female if I can.

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar

Purchases

I buy all my stuff online

Years ago I would buy from my local Salvation Army and other thrift shops. It was cheap and I got a lot of really nice things. In one thrift shop I was always helped by a very friendly old lady. I would tell her I was shopping for "something formal for a girlfriend who was about a size 24". She would take extra time with me to help me make a purchase and I usually ended up buying half a dozen things. I can't help but wonder if she saw through my story? Nowadays I shop on-line. I like ebay, Just My Size (for my girdles, bras, pantyhose and stockings), Old Pueblo Traders and Willow Ridge (problem with them is women's sizes always go out of stock quickly).
    -Audrey

Smile On-line

Always ON-Line romans, ebay, hanes, Victorias Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood.

Junior Member MelissaAndProudOfIt's Avatar

Thumbs up

I like to buy clothes in Charity shops, I used to buy clothes in them that were rather nice quality, but even there the quality has gone down hill as much almost as chain stores have... I keep trying to find a charity shop that sells some really lovely dresses and skirts, i just might have to bite the preverbial bullet and buy a sewing machine and design and sew my own dresses and skirts... yeah i am serious... geez I cannot use a sewing machine right now... i have positive attitude, artistic talent, a practical brain and dexterous fingers... so nothings impossible for this lady lol.... If others can turn out nice garments then i can too, given some practice and study...lol If i get good i could start selling them.... including making my underwear to my design too... dynamic lol...

A mixture of both

I buy my lingerie, stockings, jewelry, wigs and makeup in person. I buy some pretty vintage dresses and sleepwear on Ebay. Sometimes I feel really bold and grab things that i like and take them up to a (preferably female clerk) and then can't wait to go home and try them on. I usually can get my size right, so rarely have returns. It's all good...girls!

Usually on Line

I usually buy my things on line from Fredericks of Hollywood or Victoria's Secrect.

Always buy my lingerie in person , that way i can try on before i buy

Love to all
    Andrea

Caqn't believe I didn't respond to this earlier...I always shop in person. Try on things when in drab, too. I always have a bra, panties and heels in the car, because you never know when you might have a chance to shop!

And I let the SAs know that it's for me , too.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

On Line

I find that a great many CD"s shop on line, but you do have to know your size, Go on line to Newport News. com and see there fab line of clothes and undies. There prices are reasonable also.

Ive been buying everything online up too now. but next week im going in person. I'm already nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Marg Lindenwald View Post
    I find that a great many CD"s shop on line, but you do have to know your size, Go on line to Newport News. com and see there fab line of clothes and undies. There prices are reasonable also.
    I have been getting their catalog for about a year now, haven't ordered anything yet. The cloths look great.

in-person, I love trying things on first.

I prefer to shop in person. I purchase about 95% of my girls clothes in person since I usualy prefer to try things on before I buy. I have purchased some specialty items online but that is the exception.

Annette

Smile In person

[SIZE="2"]For the most part I purchase my clothes in person.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

the store

I go shopping with my wife, we pick the clothes and her and I goto the change room together. She is in the change room while I try them on No one is the wiser.

Clothing Purchases

Jennifer,
    I have purchased clothes online, but the sizes seem to vary,and it is such a hassle to return it. Following the measuring guidlines in catalogs or on line does help. I have also purchased clothes from department stores but have not been bold enough to try them there. My favorite place to go is thrift stores,goodwill etc., the places are usally very easy to grab some items that are close to your size and try on. I have yet to see any one helping at the dressing room, also if one goes to a more affluent part of town big dollar name brands can be very reasonable. P.S. accessories also Ex. a coach purse for $20.00 Hope I helped , Luv Darley Dee

Both

I buy my things both In person and Online, I have been CD'ing for so long
    now I know my sizes and materials it's realatively easy to do..
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

I love E-Bay!!! You should see the amount and variety of clothing and accessories that I've purchased, Once you have your sizes figured out, it's alot of fun, plus I enjoy the thrill of bidding against others, and hoping that I win. And when I win, I cant wait for my new clothing to arrive at my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1959 View Post
    Was wondering if people like to buy their clothes on-line or in-person ? Both would seem to have their advantages and disadvantages.

Lingerie usually online, both for the rest except I haven't found a store with large enough shoes. I absolutely love Ross. Kathy

We dont have credit cards so we actually go out and buy.

pluss hubby likes it when i am with him to do his shopping.He still in a way is in the closet.

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    I always buy in a store. I have even shopped and bought items en femme. There's no feeling like it. Plus, you get to see if the pieces fit and if they match and how they look. I couldn't see myself going any other way. Besides, most salesladies just want the commission, and don't care whether you are male or female. Thay don't always know (and truly shouldn't care) if the stuff is for you or your wife anyway.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

I Like To Shop So I Can Be Sure Of What I Am Getting

I do both.

In person, primarily when I'm out of town, but occasionaly at large department stores even in my area. I tend to buy all my underwear like this. I don't mind at all browsing in the bras and brief section and have never had any remarks or comments.

I buy on line when I see something on a catalogue that I like. I can return the items that I don't like after trying them on, something that is more difficult to do when I purchase items at a shop in person.

I don't know if this is also available elswhere, suppose so, but I order on line and get my purchases stuff delivered at a local outlet and I just have to collect the clothes when it has arrives, at my convenience. Like that I don't have to be at home waiting for the delivery service. It saves my wife from having to collect the parcel for me if I'm not at home... She knows I X-dress but doesn't approve of it...

Eugenie