Thread: Weight!!!

karen-aa

Question Weight!!!

Please forgive me for I am on a quest for weight loss. I would like to know what the weight of some of the beautifull ladies are in here. Also what would you think is the best weight to look your best at and pass for an evening out?I for one am starting my weight loss at 260 lbs. I plan to stay on this diet for 1 year. lol karen

Karen,

All of us are different. Some are tall, some are short, some are slim and some are heavy set. I'm 6'3" and weigh 198 lbs. I would like to weigh somewhat less but not worried about it right now.

Good luck on your weight loss project!

Vivian

Hiya Karen

I haven't weighed myself for about a year now. But last time I weighed myself I was about 12 stone..... and I'm only 5 foot 4 and a half inches tall (diddi).

I've tried all sorts of weight loss programs etc and found none worked for me. I have to admit I'm very lazy when it comes to exercising but I do love walking. Last year I was in a size 16/18 UK. Now I'm in a 12/14 and I didn't really do much to lose it. For a few weeks I detoxed my body by drinking a cup of fresh lemon juice squeezed into a glass of warm water. I went for a walk every day starting off at 10 minutes and increasing it to 40 minutes. I cut out eating lots of chocolate and crisps. I cut down drinking lots of coffee and replaced it by drinking about 8 glasses of water each day. The thing I really hate about diets is they tell you what you can and can't eat and I don't like being told what to do at any time nevermind being told this is bad for you and you can't eat that ever again blah blah.....

You see all these models on the television and in magazines who probably eat a lettuce leaf a day to look like that I still have a long way to go to look how I want to, but I am doing it in my time and my way and it works for me. A friend of mine has tried allsorts of diets and lost maybe 2 pounds at most in a week. I said try going for a 40 minute walk a day and drink more water and less coffee. Instead of having that sandwich for lunch have a fruit salad.....you can imagine the response I got to that!!! Well they took my advice and in the first week lost 9 pounds!!! The response to that was.... OMG my clothes fit me better now

Tamara x
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I'm just 5'6'' and about 130 lbs (I think?). I don't check all too often as I do not worry about it .
    BIG HUGS!
    Suzanna

Weight loss

Suzana I hate people like you that don't worry about thier weight, just kidding.
    I have a hard time to stay at the weight that I want I am 5' 8" and weigh 185 I am working on getting to 170. I do fit well in a size 14 though and am working to getinto a 12.
    !200 Calories a day and exercise every day, walk 2 miles and ride a mountian bike 4 to 6 miles daily except Sunday, even God rested on that day.
    Thats all I have to say on this as of now will say hohray when I get to 175.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgettte
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

On Aug. 15, 2004 I weighed in a 286 (5'9")

The other day I was at 236 (Holiday parties cause a little fluxuation) Gone from a 48 inch waist to a 42"

I've cut down on the fats and carbs. Haven't had a hamburger (I'd usually eat 2 whoppers or big macs) since I started.

I swim a mile every morning (almost ) Power Walk a half mile in the shallow end of the pool. Climb the stairs at work. Take walks in the evening.

My diabeties has reversed itself too! The doc couldn't believe it.

AND it does take determination and self control.

That's not enough to write a diet book on though is it?
    Last edited by DonnaT; 12-17-2004 at 12:23 AM.
    DonnaT

Congratulations DonnaT, you're doing great! 50 pounds in four months -- fantastic!
    I stand six feet tall and weigh 185 lbs (how many stones that is I haven't a clue -- lots of small stones, but not so many large ones ). I've lost about ten pounds in the past month or so, and would like to lose another 10 to 15.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Hi, I'm 5'10" and this morning weighed 269#. Last January 2nd I was at 332#.

I now eat more sensibly and smaller portions and also exercise more, walking and weight training. The biggest factor was the elimination of regular soda and beer from my diet. I still partake of the foods I enjoy (and I do enjoy a wide variety of fattening foods) but I do so less frequently and in moderation.

I feel much better and my long term goal is 185# by March 2006.

Love,
    Jenna

This post is going very well. I am proud of the way you ladies are discussing this sometimes sensitive topic.

I began this year weighing 200 lbs, and I'm 5'10." I desperately wanted to get down to my cruising weight, as I just wasn't happy with the way I looked en femme at that weight. So, at 53, I kicked my old wieght program into gear. I watched my calorie intake, and for the first month stayed away from the big calorie and fat items. I still ate my carbs, breads, etc. I lost ten pounds in 24 days. I knew I was going to make it. I had decided that I wouldn't dress as Susan until I hit the weight I wanted, which was 160. I even grew a beard so I wouldn't be tempted, though I kept the rest of my body shaved. By June I weighed 162, and I figured that was close enough. I am now at 170, but I attribute that to the Thanksgiving-Christmas season. I feel fine, I look great, and I am physically sound. My doctor told me I am in better shape than 99% of his patients. I'd be doing much better if I didn't have these damn flat feet; they keep me from being more active that what I'd like to be.

I say go for it. Being overweight is okay for those who like it, but I don't, and I know what I think looks best. I am going to look into the daily swimming thing. That is something that I think I would enjoy.

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    Its been on my mind a bunch to loose some weight and flatten my tummy and tone up all over. I've made a few attempts this year but didnt stick to them for very long. But one of my main new-years resolutions for '05 is to go from 180 to 160lbs. Who knows, if I loose it I might get a belly-piercing!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Hmmmm.
    I'm lucky I suppose. I'm 5'9 1/2" and about... 10 stone (140 lbs) or so. I've got that annoying belly fat that just will NOT seem to go away. I'm mostly muscle, except for my stomach.
    I'm planning on getting back to the gym a few times a week (I've got a membership and have only made use of it twice). What I'm going to do, and my mum agrees (she's a certified personal trainer) is to work my way up to walking/ jogging 50 minutes to an hour on a treadmill(I can walk for 50 minutes but can't jog or I die), and after I've done that I'll start lifting weights more (and keep up the walking, of course).
    I've got a good crossover figure (if I wear mens clothes I look boyish, if I wear girls clothes I'm relatively curvy), but in order to really pass as a guy it would help if I had a bit more muscle.
    This is how I look now (a couple months ago, actually. I've cut my hair and dyed it black since then):

Still need some improvement, but overall I'm doing well.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Amelie
    Karen I don't really know how much I weigh. I don't know how many stones I weigh, but I can say it is a lot of bricks.
    As for passing, there are skinny, average, overweight GG's. So there can be the same for CDs who want to pass. There is no connection to the weight of someone and passing.
    Amelie

I have been thinking about this for a couple of months myself. Though I must admit that I haven't done anything about it as yet. I am 6' tall and weigh about 200#. Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a belly. But, I am thinking that to start the new year off right I will start to work on that problem more. I have been thinking about sit ups and walking to start with and see where that gets me. I really don't eat to much that isn't healthy and as far as what I drink is concerned I have a real problem with the idea of drinking so much water. That is probably where most of my weight problem comes from. After 10yrs of the army force feeding me water by the gallon i really hate the taste of the stuff I much prefer my coffee and hot tea(Earl Gray). But, if i must then I guess that I will cut back and try to drink more water. I jsut hate the thought of it.

huggs
    anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I've got that annoying belly fat that just will NOT seem to go away.
    Well, I didn't see any belly fat, but if you have it it is probably baby fat (sorry) and exercise alone will not make it go away. Your belly looks well toned already.

According to Christina Lindley, a professional fitness model/body builder, about the only thing you can do is stop eating any fats, and start on proteins to help build the muscle along with weight training, you need a good cardio workout (Tae-bo, step, hi-lo aerobics) and crunches.

However, the fat cells will remain, although reduced in size, and when you quit your regimine, the fat cells will again increase in size. You'll see this in body builders, where they quite eating fats to obtain muscle definition. The "definition" goes away once they start eating fats again.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 12-17-2004 at 12:21 PM.
    DonnaT

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Karen I don't really know how much I weigh. I don't know how many stones I weigh, but I can say it is a lot of bricks.
    As for passing, there are skinny, average, overweight GG's. So there can be the same for CDs who want to pass. There is no connection to the weight of someone and passing.
    Amelie
    Amen!

hugs
    kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

I seem to be the same as Allison. but a little taller
    8½ stone for years, I'd like to put some meat on the bones. Any help?
    [SIZE=3]Catrina [/SIZE][SIZE=1]xxx[/SIZE]

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    The secret to passing is not your height or weight, but your attitude. That was a gem taught to me by a TS I once knew who moved out to San Francisco. She was right, of course.

I am 5'3" tall (about 160 cm) and weighed 129 lbs (9 stone 3 lbs) this morning. After the holidays, I'm going back to 125. For the new year, my goal is to get to 118 by summer. I sit at a desk all day and do not need to carry around all that extra weight.

But the weight is not any major issue. I've been read at 126, and passed at 140. It's all in the attitude, the preparation, the makeup and about a dozen other factors.

I work with three GGs on my job. The first one is 5' tall and about my weight. The second is 5'3" (my height) and about 115, and the third is 5'8" and 225. The big one is the size of a man, but she is definitely female. They all dress differently to accentuate some parts and minimize others. If your clothes are appropriate for your size, you should have no problem. As the GGs come in all different sizes and shapes, so do we.

Good luck on the weight loss, girl! And keep us posted. Inquiring minds want to be inspired!!! <giggles>
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

KristinVanHorn
    Quote Originally Posted by karen-aa
    Please forgive me for I am on a quest for weight loss. I would like to know what the weight of some of the beautifull ladies are in here. Also what would you think is the best weight to look your best at and pass for an evening out?I for one am starting my weight loss at 260 lbs. I plan to stay on this diet for 1 year. lol karen
    I'm 5' 6" at 118 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonUK
    Might be something to do with my four or five mile walk everday at work of course!
    Might do!

Best way to put on weight is to build muscle bulk. Plus it looks good too, as long as it's not too bulky. Proper proteins and leg weight training.
    DonnaT

Vickie-CD
    I am 5'6" and my weight fluctuates from around 125 to 130.
    Vickie