Thread: I need help buying push up bra

I need help buying push up bra

Hi Ladies:
    I need help buying a push up bra. I have a 41 1/2 inch measurement for just under the bust and 44 inches across the bust. I plan to get silicone inserts and to try to use them without breast forms. Should I buy it on line or at a store. I have bought a push up bra on line before but it didn't do much pushing up like maybe it was way oversize for my little set.

P.S.:
    Last edited by Brenda Scott; 08-27-2006 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Clarification on bust measurements
    If I wanted to know where I am going I wouldn't be wearing this blindfold.

Need help

Hi Brenda, The first thing you should do is get fitted for a bra, there is nothing in this world like wearing the right size bra!!!! This may take some nerve, but you can go to any JC Penny store(when it first opens) and get the sizing done properly.
    As far as inserts over breast forms go thats kinda' of a personal choice. I myself have and prefer the forms over the inserts. I have tried them(inserts)and found them not to my liking. The forms come in different sizes,configerations and weights. Hope this helps!!!!!

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:
    "to thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by older not wiser View Post
    you can go to any JC Penny store(when it first opens) and get the sizing done properly.
    Hi BonnieAnne: Gosh that sounds like a really ballsey thing to do - excuse the pun - but! Thanks for the advice.

I suppose I could scope it out by going there early in the morning and find the most sympathetic looking SA and say I know a friend of mine who is a crossdressor and wants to buy a bra and would like to get it fitted but is too scared to come in himself and wants me to ask about it. I could then check their reactions. See if they are more embarrassed than me because they will probably suspect it's me but I can possibly back out without to much loss of face.
    Last edited by Brenda Scott; 08-26-2006 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Want to post the last part as a new thread.

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Why dont you call the store and ask to speak to the stpore manager. Maybe they can help you set up an appointment with someone who is somewhat sympathetic to your needs.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Hi Ashley:

That's a good idea! But knowing me I would get my wife to call for me and I would have the speaker phone on so I could her how they sound.

Anyway I'm still not sure who me is. If me is Brenda than I am a little more out there but I find that when Brenda's scared she will sometimes revert back to being Jim who is a nervous stick in the mud. I could be in the middle of something good as Brenda and all of a sudden freeze up like a deer looking in the headlights if Jim takes over.

In LA there have to be lots of specialty stores selling bras and girdles. Make a few phone calls and ask about getting fitted. They probably will not trace your call and put a full page ad in the paper exposing you as a crossdresser. They will be happy to help you and be even happier to take your money. You will definately not be the first man they've seen buying a bra.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

hey luv...

i usually wear a 38ish bra with C cup and silicone enhancers..But..if i want real cleavage, i squeeze into my 36 A stretch nylon bra and use the push up type of silicone forms *fit Under the breast*... the smaller bra *demi cut* holds up the breast tissue and forces the cleavage, while the under cup enchancers hold the rounded flesh in place...corsets work much the same way...one way to try out different bra sizes cheaply is to buy a "lot" of mixed bra sizes on Ebay...try on different ones *cup and bra size* and see what works best...i also frequent thrift stores like salvation army, as they sometimes have rooms to try on clothes *nobody cares what you try on there!*, and have tried on bras so i didn't waste money *though they are sooo cheap there*...for the best fit..different bra makes and different types of bras all have their own fitting issues...
    hope this helps...
    ciao!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Red face

Hi all:

I went and did it, well not exactly me doing it, but I got my wife to call up JC Pennys about what it would take to get a bra fitting while I listened on the speaker phone. We reached the bra department and she talked to the woman on the register who said she was the supervisor because she was the only one there. But luck had it that she did bra measurements and was the best measurer in the store and she does cross dressers and all. She wants me to wear a tee shirt and she will take my measurements. She assured my wife that she could get good measurements even though I'd be wearing the T-shirt.

I had some problems. I wanted her to measure me topless like she measures other women. I know that's probably silly. Another thing I didn't like was that I would have to take the bras to try on to the men's dressing room and she or my wife wouldn't be able to see how it fit. What do I know about how it should fit. I nudged my wife to ask about silcon inserts and such but the S.A. said she doesn't do that and in fact they don't sell them in the store and I would have to mail order them.

After the phone call I tried on my old bra's that I have left forgotten in my fem drawer. The one that my wife said looked the best was this 44D. I stuffed the cups with several pairs of socks and panties. This is when I found out what I really didn't want was a big Broom Hilda bra built for a tank driver. This bra looked industrial and was made for power and could handle a large heavy set of breasts. I felt ridiculous in lightly stuffed cups.

I do want to say proportionately they looked the best but I have been in a funk since yesterday because I knew I could never be happy in a bra like this. I want my own nipples out there near the surface of the bra - I don't want to be insulted by socks, water balloons, foam or silicon forms. I feel like the girl in me, Brenda, is a flat chested teenager and Brenda does not want to wear falsies!

I do like to brush my hands across or squeeze my breasts - it makes me feel fem. So I am hoping to get fitted by a CD friendly specialty house where they can enhance my 1 1/2 inch breasts with a demi push up bra and silicone inserts. This way I will probably even have more to touch.
    Last edited by Brenda Scott; 08-28-2006 at 08:50 PM. Reason: grammer

Why don't you just go to Victoria's Secret? They'll measure you, and you won't have to go to a dressing room where your wife and the SA can't help you.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

I would recommend a trip to Glamor Boutique, I think it's in Hollywood. I went to the one in Vegas and had a great time and was treated superbly. They have a nice selection of bras, panties, clothing, wigs and of course all types of forms etc. My wife and I had a great time.

I hope this helps
    Rachelle

Hi Rochelle: I checked out Glamour Boutique and they have closed in L.A. Here is a part of a notice from their website:
    Glamour Boutique III will be closing this Saturday, August 19.
    Although it had become a very successful business,
    the Studio City building was sold and our lease was not renewed.
    We also lost some key staff members.
    This resulted in our decision to close the store.
    California customers can be assured that our Las Vegas store
    and website will continue to provide them with the great pricing and service of the GB 3.
    Thanks, Brenda

Hi Karyn: I looked at Victoria Secret for push up bras and they were really nice looking. When I checked the sizes I couldn't find anything bigger than size 38 and I need something like a 42 or 44 size.

Thanks, Brenda

Silver Member
    Dear Brenda,

You are right, VS doesn't carry larger than 38. Fredricks may carry larger sizes and they are very cd friendly. Why don't you try there?

Most dept stores do carry larger sizes, though, so what are you waiting for? You have a knowing wife, you don't have to hide, just go shopping.

You may be obsessing too much over finding just the right bra. It's not that easy. First, there are hundreds and hundreds of bras out there. Second, nobody goes out and finds the perfect bra with out TRYING THEM ON. You don't have to do this in the store. Take 'em home. Take 10 of 'em home, bring back the ones you don't like. Bring all 10 back and try another 10. This is perfectly all right. But it does sound a bit silly, doesn't it? That's why you try them on in the store. You had the oportunity, why didn't you do it?

But, I do agree that it wasn't the best oportunity you could have had. That woman in JC Pennys wasn't offering you a real bra fitting. She just offered to measure you. And only over your shirt at that. You wife can do that at home. For a real fitting, you need a fitter in the changing room with you to "fit" the bra. Keep calling different stores until you find one that will offer you a real bra fitting.

The other thing you can do is have your wife measure you, or measure yourself (not as easy) at home and then go to the store and pick out several bras in your size, then BOTH of you go into the changing room and try them on. Your wife can help you. Try on as many as you need to until you find one you like. That's perfectly all right to do. As a matter of fact, that's exactly how it's supposed to be done

Some suggestions: Shave your breast area. Otherwise it's gonna look pretty gross. And don't expect too much. After all, you don't really HAVE a lot of breast tissue. Bras are designed to suport female breasts. You don't have female breasts. Duh! So it's not gonna be the same. Try and buy the silicone fillers before hand. Take them with you when you go bra shopping. VS may carry them. I got the pair I have at Sears.
    If you can't find any, PM me and I will send you the pair I have
    as I don't use them at all any more.
    You will want to look for a padded push-up bra. As you shop, feel the cups because you want bras that have a heavy padding in the bottom of the cup.
    Then put the silicone fillers in the bottom of the cup on top of the padding so you get the maximum push "up and in".

I think you are making this whole thing way too difficult. It's really quite simple. The easiest way is just to go to a store and shop until you find what you want. Shopping can be fun. Don't obsess about it so much. It's OK to make a mistake when bra shopping. Just take it back and try another. Eventually you will find one or two that you like. Or maybe 10 or 20. Some of us girls have more than that!!

Good luck girl, and don't worry about it so much.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Wink

Dearest Steffanie:

I looked into Fredricks of Hollywood and found one near my neigborhood. Their bra sizes go up to 42 inches which might be my size or close enough to it (44 inches). So if they are cool about male/female shared changing rooms it seems like it could be fun.

My wife and I were talking about the other possibility you mentioned of a regular department store. I figure it would probably cause less notoriety to have her sneek into a mens dressing room instead of me sneeking into a female dressing room. (She's not as worried about these kinds of things as I am.) If I did manage to get in to a female dressing room, I would have to remember to use my female voice or make the women in the other changing rooms uncomfortable. The possibility of me sneaking my wife into a mens changing room was discussed and I think that has some problems too. In order to not stir up the other men in their respective changing rooms, I suugested she would have to talk in a deeper voice - she demonstated to me that she can do that. But the problem is that it would sound wierd for others to hear us with our mens voices talking about bra fits and we might sound like we were up to some perversion. So my wife suggested we make up some sign language - and then I suggested that we have a list of pre-printed possible comments and a pen and paper. That's when I thought I would check out Fredericks. Like I said it would be cool if they had male/female shared changing roooms. I'm sure a more ballsey woman than I wouldn't have all these worries. (You're right that I am probably making this way harder than it needs to be...)

On the plus side is that I don't have much hair on my chest (or my under-arms or legs for that matter). So I don't know if I would have to shave -which it might be better for my wife if I don't. I only have a few light colored stray hairs above my nipples and the hairs at and below my nipples would be covered by the bra.

So I am excited and value your help in how to select a thicker bottom pushup bra. My next step is to find some inserts. I will look at Sears and other local or online stores. I am also thankful for your offer to give me yours if need be. I'm still not too sure I would get the right ones - since my wife has always been lascivously endowed she doesn't know much about inserts. Is there a pocket that the inserts fit into and are there different sizes of pockets and inserts, and do only some pushup bras have pockets and are there different kinds of inserts that have to be matched with a specific bra? And I have many more insert questions.

Anyway thankyou for taking me by the hand in helping me in this matter.

Love Brenda

Hi Brenda,
    Sounds like your well on your way toward getting a bra fitting. I went into a specialty store once and was looking at lingerie, bras, panties and such. The SA looked me over for sizing even before I got a chance to say it was for my wife.
    To find out several months later this SA owns the store and my wife knows her. She introduced me to her. TG she didn't remember me.

Silver Member
    Dear Brenda,

OK sweetie, this is JUST what I was talking about. You are WAY to obsessing over this. "Fake voices"? "Sneaking into the dressing rooms"? "Hand signals"?

RELAX girl!!

Just go and buy a bra. Your wife has every right to accompany you into the dressing room. You don't need to sneak. My wife and I go imto the dressing room at VS, ALL THE TIME as she wants my opinion on her bra choices. Others do this also. Remember this: NO ONE CARES. Sears, JC Penny, Macys, BonTon. Just pick out the bras you want to try on, march right into the dressing room, try them on, pick one out, buy it. Smile (big smile) and ask nicely if you want, be polite and respectful, and do it. Man, woman, extra terrestial, they don't care. As long as you are spending money on their bras, they are gonna love you.

You need to get this concept of shopping down pat. Stores WANT you to buy stuff. SA WANT you to buy stuff. They often have quotas to meet. Stores depend on your business to survive. Stores don't pick and choose customers. Customers pick and choose stores. Bring money and an intent to buy into any store and you are their new best friend. Once you realize this concept, all the rest is downhill. Just keep a close reign on your wallet. It can get expensive.

Thank you for your lovely reply to my earlier post, but geez girl, you are making this bra buying stuff WAY too complicated.

Lovies,
    Steph
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 08-29-2006 at 10:55 PM.

Silver Member
    Brenda,

I read further into your post about your questions on bra fillers.

No, most bras do not have a pocket for the filler to fit into. This is one of the disadvantages of these fillers (or push-up pads). They can slip right out if you bend over too far. This happened to my wife years ago when she was wearing a pair. She was drawing blood in a hospital so she had to bend over the patient's arm. One of her inserts plopped right out. Luckily it fell inside her scrub top so when she stood up it was stuck in her waist band. Non-the-less she was very embarassed. This is never a problem if you remain standing or sitting upright, of course.

Because of this, and other factors, I do not use push-up bras and fillers any more. I bought a set of PALS breast forms and just love them. They bounce and sway in a way that a push-up bra never does. The first time I went down a flight of stairs wearing my PALS I was hooked. If I could afford a pair of silicone forms I would have them. (the PALS are cheaper). Of course, you don't get that sexy push-up look with forms and a regular bra, but I am too old IMO for that sort of thing now anyway. I was much younger when I wore push-ups.

I hope this answers your questions dear.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie Cas View Post
    The SA looked me over for sizing even before I got a chance to say it was for my wife.
    To find out several months later this SA owns the store and my wife knows her. She introduced me to her. TG she didn't remember me.
    Wow Cassie, that was a close one and fortunate for you that she didn't remember you.

Love Brenda