Thread: Heels...how???

Super Sweet Sassy Sissy Lil Miss Bekkah's Avatar

Heels...how???

I haven't had much experience wearing heels for long periods of time, except for one full-day spree. For the beginning of the day, they felt pretty good, and I just loved the way they accented my already swishy walk. But by the end of the day, I was considering chopping my feet off, they hurt so bad! And those were just 1 1/2", wide heels! How on earth do you wear heels all day without killing yourself?
    This above all, to thine own self be true

I'm breaking the stereotype of skinny small CDs...Yay for big "girls"!

Home Business Executive mellisa's Avatar
    I wear work boots all day, all week, and I just love my heels on the weekend!!! But I know what you mean, they can be uncomfortable.
    best when dressed for the office

All day heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss Bekkah View Post
    I haven't had much experience wearing heels for long periods of time, except for one full-day spree. For the beginning of the day, they felt pretty good, and I just loved the way they accented my already swishy walk. But by the end of the day, I was considering chopping my feet off, they hurt so bad! And those were just 1 1/2", wide heels! How on earth do you wear heels all day without killing yourself?
    Beats me Hon, No real woman in her right mind would do that. I think you'd have to be Kryptonian with an "S" on your shirt, also known as Supergirl. My dogs hurt bad enough after dancing all night in flats. What you are asking makes me wince just thinking about it. Ericka Kay

Hi Bekkah heel are a bad idea forall day use unless you have no feeling in your feet
    Angie G.

Hours and hours of practice. When I first started to wear heels I could last only about five minutes before I had to take them off. But being a determined type of person and seeing GGs wearing them I just knew it would be possible with time and effort.
    I wear a pair of heels every chance I get. Even if I'm not fully dressed. I know that sounds funny but getting my legs accustomed to wearing them is the goal. I had some work to do out in my barn yesterday, so I put on a pair of 3" heels and went about my chores. After about four hours I still felt O.K. Proper size and start off slowly. A few minutes here and there with some low heels and gradually work you way to longer periods of time and higher heels.
    Two things will be accomplished, ONE. your legs and feet will get used to wearing them, and TWO, (the best part) just thinkl of all the shoes you will have by the time you get to 5" stillettos, that you can wear all day.

Seriously, though, lots of practice will get you to where you want to be. Look at women wearing them, they start off when they're little girls of about 8 or so with some "kitten heel" to look "grown up" and work their way up from there.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I wear 4-5' stilettos almost every day and I guess that I just got used to them. Most often I wear them while in drab but with knee highs or P hose . What can I say? I love stilettos their so femenine and sexy.

Gold Member
    I had my heels on for about four hours yesterday morning and there only 3" heels, my feet don't hurt but the back of my legs are sore so it takes some getting used to.

I wear 3" heels every evening and all day Sunday without any problems. It is very important that the shoes are a good fit. I have a pair with 2" heels that are slightly tight and I can't walk in them for any longer than a few minutes. Georgina.

Heels

Hello Tina:
    Let me just say that I have been warring at leat a 3 in. heel every day that I am not at work, and even when I get home, and cleaned up, I get dressed, and with the heels.
    When I started warring heels, I did not think it was all that bad, however in the beginning, I could feel them pinching my toes, but after a few weeks of warring them all the time, I guess I just got used to it.
    I hope that helps you.

P.S. I can now ware up to a 6" heel with no discomfert. And I do it all the time.

On the rare occassions when I dress all day, I usually slip my heels off from time to time. Especially when I'm sitting down at the computer. I saw lots of GG's do that when I used to work in an office.
    -Audrey

4" heels

Hi Girls,

I can now manage to comfortably wear 4" stiletto heels for 8-10 hours a day and just love walking in them. Can't seem to quite manage the 5" ones for very long.

caroline

Last Thursday I went and tried on some 4" heels. I wasn't very steadie on them so I didn't get them. And after I broke my leg 2 years ago I sure don't want take the chance. So I guess I will stick the my 2" heels for now.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

Silver Member

Heels

Girls,

As can be seen by many of the above posts, the MOST important factor in your being able to wear heels for any length of time is a properly fitted, quality shoe. This is SO important. A $14.95 pair of heels from PayLess is going to feel pretty bad pretty soon.
    Those $400 shoes we saw on "Sex and the City" cost $400 for a reason and it's not just status. There is, of course a happy medium here. You don't need to spend $400. But if you want to wear heels all day long, you MUST pay some attention to getting a good, quality shoe that fits you well.
    I can remember a GF many years ago who would only buy dancers' heels for just that reason. She said they were constructed much better than the average shoe store heel.
    I don't wear heels any more due to my hight and age. I want to blend in more than I want the fun of the heel. But I can remember that wonderful feeling of stepping up in my heels as the final act of getting dressed. Umm, umm.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I would say if your feet hurt there's something wrong with the design and/or fit of the shoes. Take a clue from the guy shoe size you wear. Width is very important, if a shoe is too narrow, it's gonna hurt.

Vikki

Like everything else... Practice, practice, pravtice!! I'd look into some better somes, maybe.. My leather italian jobs fit sooo nice..can wear them all day and night.

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The secret is a good fit and a good quality shoe. Unlike many here, I don't shop at payless. I learned early on that cheap shoes are just that--cheap. They are generally vinyl, and poorly built. The few pairs of cheap shoes that I bought early on, I could wear for only a couple of hours. I now always buy better shoes. I have many from Ninewest. If you watch the sales, you can get a nice pair of Ninewest for $20-30. Think about it. Do you spend $15 a pair for cheap shoes that you can not wear, or do you save and spend $60 for a pair that you can wear for 8 hours with no problems.

Most of my heels, and these are all 3-1/2 to 4" heels, are able to be worn for up to eight hours with little or no problems.

The other secret is to try them on in the store. Do I buy every pair that I try on? The answer is no. I buy only those that show they are comfortable to wear. GG's will try on 20 or 30 pairs before selecting the right shoe. I do not buy shoes off the internet, and rarely I will buy a pair from a catelog.

Another point on comfort. There is a big difference between wearing heels around the house and wearing them outside. Heels that appear to be comfortable at home, might turn out to be killers when you wear them on pavement vs the carpeting at home.

The last point is practice and training. To wear heels comfortably, one must condition the muscles of the legs and feet to be in the different position. That is done through hours of wearing without taking them off. Also, when removing your heels after an extended wearing, you must stretch your legs and feet to relax your achilles tendons and calf muscles.

Jodi