Thread: Has anyone tried the "Conair hair removal system"

Has anyone tried the "Conair hair removal system"

This system consists of a wand with two counter rotating disks that are said to remove hair and exfoliate the skin without any pain and the results are to last about two weeks. The box does say you need to use it two or three times to get that lasting result. The cost of the system in local stores is about $50 (online at conair.com it is about $73). This looks like a good system, but I can't remember it being dicussed or reviewed here. You can see it at conair.com under "laides hair removal".
    Let me know what you girls think of it or if you have used it.
    Thanks, Kim

Banned Read only
    My wife has the older version of that. This one only has one big disk. It works like an electric sander.

It seems to work quite well on her legs. One thing is your skin has to be absoulty dry, drier than dry or it does not work.

Conair

No thanks, Hon. I can buy a lot of razors for $50. Disposable and don't have to be sharpened which I'm sure would happen soon enough with my tough "crabgrass". Tough being a woman with heavy hair although I know some GG friends that are worse than myself. One gal I know takes an hour to shave one leg (!?). If your hair is not that tough, the system sounds like it might be okay though. Just not my first choice. Ericka Kay

Walmart online has it for $28...and it. Is a sander. I've used the Sally Hanson hair removal mits before. And you basically rub the hair off. Its ok but more time consuming than shaving in my opinion....plus the hair grows back just as fast as shaving..the skin was smooth but what the long term effects of sanding your skin?? Lol

Might need some wood putty to fill in the gouges. Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    I bought one, but I don't really like it. First if all, the coarser the hair, the slower it works. Then if your skin isn't completely free of oils, the disks get clogged rather fast and are ineffective. You'll tire of it after buying the replacements a few times. The best thing it has going for it is that it removes the dryer top skin also. This helps keep from getting ingrown hairs. However, a good Aloe Vera body wash does the same thing, but I pay $18.00 a bottle for my body wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Walmart online has it for $28...and it. Is a sander. I've used the Sally Hanson hair removal mits before. And you basically rub the hair off. Its ok but more time consuming than shaving in my opinion....plus the hair grows back just as fast as shaving..the skin was smooth but what the long term effects of sanding your skin?? Lol

Love Karren
    Angle grinder, Karren?
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Coral

Gouges

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Love Karren
    Or some silicone, right? The putty might work if you have a wooden leg. I dunno, shaving sound better all the time. Ericka Kay.

Gonna stick with my Lady Shick Quattro. Been using it for weeks and NO NICKS! None! the blades are a little high, but I was spending that on band-aids anyway! As to Karren and the gouges, why fill 'em? Depending on which way they run, they could help hold up stockings, or help hide the garter straps under drab clothing. Just a thought. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Nex up is the 53 bladed razor. The more unnecessary blades the beter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    Nex up is the 53 bladed razor. The more unnecessary blades the beter, right?
    I always remember a Saturday Night skit from when the show first came on. It was a razor commercial parody. Dual bladed razors had just came out, and this fake ad extolled the virtues of a raxor with 3 blades! The tag at the end was, " Why 3 blades? Because you'll believe anything!" . Gotta admit tough that that quattro is the best razor I've ever used. Is it because of the 4 blades? Don't know, and don't care! I have stopped bleeding every time I shave! Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I have one, and I think this product was designed by someone trained in torture techniques used by the Nazis. I tested on a portion of my arm, more than a year ago and still have a rough patch from where it was used. The damn discs gum up too fast too.

It is great for exfoliation.

It is great for exfoliation.

With everyone’s comments, it is a sander for skin! I’ve fine hair and it reduces it a 1/16” from the skin but the benefit was smooth, smooth skin. For myself, shaving is easier with an Intuition razor for hair removal but the Conair makes my skin smooth. I like to use both.

It is a power tool. READ THE DIRECTIONS! As a previous post pointed out, totally dry skin. So, my regime if you are looking for smoother skin, not hair removal;

Don’t shave for several days
    Have a time in the day to have clean, dry, oil free skin
    Do a quick wipe on the legs, butt, arm areas that are rough or need exfoliation with an oil free toner. Let dry

Think of buffing a fine piece of silver, not trying to plane down a plank of wood! Gentle, barely touch, as you move the device over a broad area of skin in a circular motion. It should only feel like a gentle massaging, a caress. This should never feel painful in any way. This is your own skin, not wood shop!

After going over an area you should see (if you need exfoliation, and if you don’t need- take it back to Target) a slight powdering on the skin. Swipe the area with toner and if it stings you are pressing too, too hard.

Finish with a cool rinse in the shower and follow with a very good moisturizer.

This is just what works for me and I did work at figuring it out. My GG loves the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    This helps keep from getting ingrown hairs. However, a good Aloe Vera body wash does the same thing, but I pay $18.00 a bottle for my body wash.
    Aloe Vera is wonderful stuff, as an after-shave and for any cuts, abrasion, burns or blisters. Fresh Aloe works a zillion times better than anything out of a jar, though. Aloe propagates very quickly in a warm environment. I started with one plant, after 5 years I had over 200 plants before I moved house. It was nice to have an unlimited Aloe Vera supply.

I guess it wouldn't grow too well outside a glasshouse in your neck of the woods, Felicity... maybe you'd better move to warmer climes.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards View Post
    Tough being a woman with heavy hair although I know some GG friends that are worse than myself. One gal I know takes an hour to shave one leg (!?). If your hair is not that tough, the system sounds like it might be okay though. Just not my first choice. Ericka Kay
    An hour for one leg, Ericka? She needs to learn a faster method. In fact, this thread looks like a perfect place to mention my dry shaving technique, for those who missed it the first time around.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...591#post535591

The secret is dry shaving, with a modified single-blade disposable razor, using talcum powder as a 'lubricant'. The razor is modified by removing the safety guard. Thus there is nowhere that the hair can get caught, clogging the blade.
    Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

After waxing for ever, one of the GG's suggested a Braun Silk Epil. I'll never wax again. Quick, relatively painless easy clean up.

After care I use Tea Tree in a Vit.E cream for several days and exfoliate with a wash mitt every second to third day. Works great!!

A little on the pricey side but worth every cent in my books.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilygirl View Post
    I always remember a Saturday Night skit from when the show first came on. It was a razor commercial parody. Dual bladed razors had just came out, and this fake ad extolled the virtues of a raxor with 3 blades! The tag at the end was, " Why 3 blades? Because you'll believe anything!" . Gotta admit tough that that quattro is the best razor I've ever used. Is it because of the 4 blades? Don't know, and don't care! I have stopped bleeding every time I shave! Love and xxxx, Lily
    I don't shave my body, but for my face the Mach 3 has been great. Only cut myself twice ever. Mostly, because I was stupid and tilted the razor at a certain point, and didn't learn my lesson the first time, and did it again.

I have seen a parody for a 50 bladed razor actually. It was massive, but you never know. If you make something, someone out there will buy it.