Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you feeling too old for this?

Are you feeling too old for this?

I know that true beauty is inside. Ok, one thing is to know it, but perhaps I don't really believe it. The thing is, I am getting more and more unable to cope with growing old as a cd. It was one thing to dress up when I was 20, in a way it was still great in my 30s (maybe better because of the increased experience) but I find it harder to enjoy being a 40-something cd, simply because my body is not the same. I am somehow blessed with a no-wrinkles, moderately androginous face, but still the difference with what it used to be is painfully obvious. I know many of you girls are perfectly happy with what you are -and I warmly congratulate you for that- but my question is, are there other girls who are thinking of quitting because what used to be fun is turning out to be a burden? (that would be me)

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I plan on dying long before I get old.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

I like the expression "Life is a package deal". Being a "woman" is like that too... I feel that way for my desire to be as much a woman as I can. I want to become an old lady (I'm not in a hurry though ) Actually I am already a mature "women", turning 60 in a few days...

Psychologically I feel a lot better about my x-dressing now than 10 years ago... nd much more than twenty or thirty years ago. The only thing I miss is the beautiful curly long hair I had then

But, no, I don't plan to quit x-dressing, not at all

Eugenie

I agree with Eugenie. I am 60 and I don't think I could stop even if I wanted to. One nice thing about growing old is that you are not under so much
    public scrutiny as you are when you are younger.

Aging happens! The key is to age gracefully. I'm 55. Look 65. I am more Lily now then ever. Would I like to look like I did at 20? D@MN RIGHT! But I'm who I am, look like I do, and live with it, and am starting to really enjoy life as Lily. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Personally, I'm glad to get most of the sex jazz behind me - plus us old broads aren't especially expected to be polite.

Power to the people!

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    I think Karensusan nailed it. We won't be under so much scrutiny. Espcially the Young GG's. Maybe then I will have the confidence to go out en-femme. That I am looking forward to

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wasted my youth hiding from all this so I'll just enjoy being a classy old broad now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't see anything wrong with being a tranny granny, won't have to shave as often. Growing older doesn't mean growing less attractive. Georgina.

Sky it is the way you feel, not your age that counts. As I get older, I feel more and more like a real woman. I want to love and enjoy the feeling.

Eileen

Quitting?

I am 49, pushing 50 which I can't believe I might add but as long as I keep expanding my wardrobe and trying to look my best I go with it! I am not a teenager anymore, no more micro-minis and fishnets these days but it's a bit of a buzz to start thinking of "older" women's fashions and then find they still wear real nylons, real girdles etc... So maybe it's not all bad! But I still keep the stiletto heels!

i often worry that i'm too old...but then, if i enjoy dressing, what does it matter..?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkinuv View Post
    i often worry that i'm too old...but then, if i enjoy dressing, what does it matter..?
    AMEN, SISTER!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I sign up for social security before my next birthday. I certainly don't feel it. Yes, I wish I had had the confidence to do what I am doing today when I was in my 20's. Young cd's today take it for granted that they can pop on the internet and find out anything they want to get. Was not the case 40-50 years ago. We had to work through our feelings by ourselves. The only advice I would have for the younger folk is to enjoy the moment today when you can dress as you want to. Enjoy the youthful appearance. Because--it won't last forever.

Jodi

You know what they say -- I ain't getting older, I'm getting better. Truth is, I really feel that way.

Not too far off 50 here and dont think at the moment going to try to go past it I cannot see the point of being my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    I wasted my youth hiding from all this so I'll just enjoy being a classy old broad now
    Amen to that sis!

I think if it makes u feel good do it.

Too old to dress?

I am just beginning my sixth decade and am enjoying the heck out of my CDing.
    It's not like I have been doing this all my life, because I "resumed" my love affair with women's clothes and dressing about 18 months ago. I had not done any significant dressing other than an occasional pair of pantyhose (maybe once a year) for 44+ yrs. Can't say for sure why not other than there was a lot of denial, a lot of will power and somehow the thought that this was just a fetish.
    I have accepted the fact that this is something I will always have a desire to do, sometimes more frequently than others. It is part of me and the expansion of my acceptance level is a rather intriguing journey.
    Gretchen

Content and Happy
    Like a natural born woman, I too went through changes in the years. The only difference, I was born male. I knew I was different around 7 years old. Now that I'm in my fifties, I see where I came from and where I am now. I know what I like to wear and how I like to look. There is so much to choose from, so I blend in and not stand out. When in the male world I'm a woman inside ,wearing womans cloths. From when I get up to when I go to bed, I'm female. Not trapped in a male body, just share it. Have I ever thought about giving it up? Not even a thought.

Lanore

never too old.....I'm 54 and going to continue till I die......or run out of money...hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Giving up is not an option...to me this is part of me...I had to deal with it, as did others who know me...

I've come to far now...

Wink

This is a first for me,but being a 58 year old, I find that dressing is so much easier now then it was at 20. So many more things and time to do it all.

I'm 53 and in many ways just getting started. I don't foresee quitting anytime soon, if ever.

Joyce

Late But Great

Fifty seven on Friday and I will be stepping out here shortly for the first time with my gal pal Teresa. Never too old to start I say.