Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How tolerant is the S/O

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Wigs

Must be a common complaint. I go the whole 9 yards, Clothes, makeup,shoes, and pierced ears, and the wife has no problem. But she can not tolerate the wig (with the exceptions of a few photos she took)

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The tolerant S/O

Hello Girls!

This is my first post. I apologize if it rambles a bit.

I feel the need to respond about my wife being supportive for a couple of reasons: 1) When I came out to her on Memorial Day she was floored. Pretty quickly, she accepted my crossdressing as another part of who I am, the man she married. 2) Currently, in an effort to show support, she is buying me another pair of thigh highs because the pair I just bought were ripped to shreds! LOL She has even given me two skirts she no longer likes.

Normally, I am a manly man. I work on the cars, love to drive my old truck, mow the grass and kill spiders for her. And then there are times that I like to wear a nice skirt, put on my thigh highs and relax. My wife in return supports the person that I am.

Bottom line: I'd rather live life being sensitive to mine and others feelings and sometimes wearing women's clothes than to be an insensitive guy and die never having shared how I feel or explored my curiosities.

Be Sweet!

Ginger

In line with the post on "My Wife Will NOT" vs "But she WILL", here is my situation:

My Wife Will NOT
    - See me Dressed
    - Allow anything that may give me up outside to people we knows. So shaving legs and torso is sort of OK but shaving the arms and hands hair, especially in summer, is a NO NO.
    - Allow me to go out anywhere near home or the surrounding towns or cities
    - talk about my x-dressing intentionally with me. It is always incidental...

But she WILL tolerate a few things:
    - let me buy my "femme" clothes, providing I'm doing it discretely
    - Let me go meet other CDs but not near our town
    - Let me participate to forums like this one.
    - Let me wear summer dresses African style since these are often men's dresses
    - Let me sleep in night gowns but that's because we sleep in separate rooms...
    - She knows and accepts that I dress "en femme" for long periods when I'm alone at home, which is often the case since she travels a lot for her job.

All in all, I consider myself rather lucky. I can have some time to my feminine self. I have now reached a fair balance between preserving her own feelings about my x-dressing and my own needs to x-dress.

Eugenie

My gf sometimes does my make up for me. We often go shopping together for tights or some nice underwear for me or if there are some nice clothes in the charity shop we sometimes go to, she looks for the sizes that will fit me.

I'm very lucky that she supports me in every way.

My wife is fairly tolerant and teases me a lot. She goes shoping with me but usually ends up feeling odd buying me things if im with her. She buys things for me when she shops alone and orders things from QVC for me. She is ok with me sleeping in nightgowns and likes to have me wear panties and cami under male clothes when we go out. But sometimes she turns cold on it and won't discuss it. I have started to sleep in male mode a few times a week so she dont get turned off by to much girl time. She says she tolerates it because it relieves my stress, but I feel she enjoys it sometimes also.

Amy M2F Transsexual RiversideCT's Avatar

Wives and SO

It seems that wives and SO that realize that their mate will still be a "man" underneath are a little more accepting.
    Eugene, your entry is almost like mine. But my wife likes the fact that I want to go shopping with her and she is ok if I buy clothes. She even gives me things that are too big. That thought is the limit.
    She wanted a decision out of me stay or go. In my mind I haven't come to that place yet. But my wife interprets as having made the decision to stay and live half a life, continuing things as they are. I am grateful that she has put up with everything so far. But I'm afraid in the long run that it is not enough for me. But for now I can live with it.

Perhaps..but still taking hormones.
    AMY

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    I am single and live in an appartment. My nieghbour from across the hall and whom I have occasional coffee with saw me go into a lingerie store and put 2 and 2 together. I was in thier a while in a fitting room and she came in and did not see me but noticed there was someone in a fitting room. She was great about letting me know she knew my secret and it was safe. We have had dinner at my place and hers with me enfemme. She has kissed me while I am enfemme and she bought me some lingerie and asked to see me wearing it. this has not happened yet, too shy.

I am soo happy about this but not sure where it will finish up. it is nice to have someone to talk to and toshare intimacy with.

How tolerant is the S/O ?

Tollerance is such a slippery customer. Can't get a grip on it. One day up, another day down.
    Nothing human can be alien to me.

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
    -William Blake

"Anyone who knows how to run a household, knows how to run the world."
    -- Xilonem Garcia, a Meshika elder in Mexico

My wife is more than ok with the lingeree and heels but the wigs, make up, and nail polish are not allowed in her presence. (she doesent want to be married to a woman) I understand her accepting my fetish and it ends there.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversideCT View Post
    She even gives me things that are too big.
    Thanks, I forgot that "OK" thing When my wife is getting rid of some of her clothes she doesn't mind that I recuperate them... It is as much that I don't have to buy out of our budget

But since I've lost a lot of weight in the past two years, her skirts are too big for me Her tops still fit me though

I'm also feeling like you, I wuold also like to be "my feminine self" a lot more, and that is not decreasing with age... On the contrary...

I dread the time when she will also be retired. I won't have the home for myself as I do now when she travels... Will she be more accepting given the new circumstances? I know she's clever and doing her best to allow my x-dressing even though she's not happy about it.

Well, let's take things as they come...

Eugenie

I can tell, this is one of those eternal threads recycled again and again. If I didn't know any better (sigh), I'd suggest it's another version of women boasting / complaining about their men.

But, no, let's go further and really get the subject going.

'Does the wife (SO) approve or not approve?' First let's see a show of hands so we can make material sense of the question: How many gals here support the family? Breadwinners if we will. How many breadwinners are living with a disapproving wife (SO)? Compared to how many gals here with disapproving wives (SOs) who are economically dependent upon their wives (SOs)?

Maybe I'm just looking at it as a guy - or a Marxist (!) - but what I would like to know is: I can understand why a CD who is economically dependent upon a dissapproving wife (SO) would cower in a closet but why would a breadwinner tolerate any grief from a wife (SO) on the issue of dressing?

concessions

My wife knows about my crossdressing yet isn't tolerant at all. Just the idea of it bothers her, although I often wear panties and a camisole under my t-shirt and boxers to bed. I've also been wearing a bra under my t-shirt on many evenings. After tension had been brewing lately we had a long talk. I reiterated to her my need to dress. She understands but just doesn't want to see it. Lucky for me, tonight is her first night of class (she's going back to school), so I know I have at least four hours to dress. She knows I'll be dressing when she's at class. Part of me wants her to forget and come home early and see me dressed. We've spoken about this possibility and she says that she would probably "freak out". I really don't want to rub my crossdressing in her face so I'm just going with the status quo. I'm hoping that we can keep the communtication lines open and things will be OK. I am very glad that we can talk about the issue from time to time. I'm sure many of you are in a similar situation.

reply to day tripper

Day Tripper,

The anwser to your question is because the crossdresser cares about his S/O's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by CDLauraNJ View Post
    Day Tripper,

The anwser to your question is because the crossdresser cares about his S/O's feelings.
    Fair enough, a major portion of the equation.

Yet this forum bleeds with domestic torment day in and day out ... so we do need to the address the 'feelings' of the CD, too. And that's where shining a little light on the economic base of the (troubled) relationship may prove useful.

Or we could keep it under the rug, whatever.

I feel i'm one of the luckier girls, the only things my wife won't let me do is, leave the house in glam but is ok if i dress in the car, though she doesn't like me to dress too often which is ok by me because life is 1 big compromise after all.
    Luv Ya! :be:

Day Tripper,

I agree that there is a lot of emotional torment amoung CD's, however, we often have to remember that our S/O's are part of our lives too. I'd prefer not to keep Laura in hiding, but, I don't want to push things too far and too fast. I've also meet divorced CD's that told me they just kept pushing and pushing until their wives couldn't take it any more. I don't want that to be me.

Well, I obviously tresspassed - and owe an apology. Discussing the economic politics of relationships as they underpin CD issues seems off limits.

Please forgive me for being naive here but we're all grown ups and we can do things no matter what somebody else says as long as it don't break any laws. I'm not trying to cause any problems but I really can't beleive what I am reading here. Why is it always about respecting your significant other? What about your significant other respecting you and what you choose to do? I thought when your married its for better or for worse? Doesn't sound like an equal partnership if your wife forbids you to dress. I'm just trying to understand.