Thread: Thank You All For The Confidence

Thank You All For The Confidence

This is my first post as I have only been a member for 2 days now. I read so many posts re: bra fittings and shopping at JC Penny's etc and it instilled so much confidence that I actually took the plunge and went shopping w/o any excuses like it's for my g/f. Thank you to all those who shared their positive stories. Here's mine:

I literally just got back from a local Sears with black panties, sheer black stockings and of course a matching garter. No bra you ask. I will get to that. I pretty much could figure out the sizes for the panties, stockings and garter. I did ask the SA how large is large in a garter and it fit my waist of 34". When it came to check out the SA made a comment of how nice it was for me to be purchasing these items for my g/f on my own.

This is when I fessed up and told her they were actually for me. Her response with a nice smile "I understand and did I find everything I needed?" Bingo door wide open for me to ask about a matching bra. I have never been fitted (that's coming soon) so she just kinda eye balled it and said I looked like a 38C. I asked her if it would be ok to try one on. Again w/o hesitation she said " no problem and that it was not busy so feel free" She helped me pick out several styles led me to the change room. While changing she even brought me some different syles.

Sadly 38C did not fit and they were limited in anything over 38 w/o getting into the large D cups. Since it was getting close to closing I did not want to keep her late I asked her when she worked next. After telling me she said "It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope I can help next time." I was so grateful and thanked her. She made me feel so comfortable while being discreet and professional. A 10+ experience.

Sorry for the long post but I am just so relieved that I was honest with myself.

Silver Member
    Dear Sexy,

Good for you girl.

I hope your experience will encourage others to become more confident. This can get to be really fun, so keep a tight hold on your wallet.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Wonderful . i m planning to do same for next weekend in Kohls . i dont know sears is friendly with CD . let me check out it .

Thanks for making me to out to do bra fittings .

Cool

That is so cool Sexy.
    Bobbie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SexySteph View Post
    When it came to check out the SA made a comment of how nice it was for me to be purchasing these items for my g/f on my own.

This is when I fessed up and told her they were actually for me. Her response with a nice smile "I understand and did I find everything I needed?"
    Holy cow! I could never do that! That's amazing Steph

I know what you mean about this site...or rather the wonderful members on it. If it wasn't for the people here I would never be where I am today. It's the stories of going out and the tales of such emancipation that have made me (and my wife) believe we can accomplish anything!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi sexy

a local k-mart let try on several items of girl clothes. the only thing had to do was just use the mens changing room which was ok with me.
    sue ellan

Welcome Steph, I agree that this forum is great, and all the girls on it are super. They have helped me understand who I am, and with understanding comes confidence. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Great story.

Most sales people are nice and courstious, so you should have no problems again. xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SexySteph View Post
    Sadly 38C did not fit and they were limited in anything over 38 w/o getting into the large D cups.
    A lot of manufacturers stop at 34B or 36B and for many of them the smallest for 38 is 38C. If I recall correctly, I did find one 38B at a local Sears. If you look around you could probably find a small number of styles in a 40C, but as best I recall by 42 you pretty much need to go into D for the lines Sears sells.

One brand that is more likely to have a 40C would be Triumph.

But what are you looking for in a bra? If you are looking for something firm enough to hold clothes out without being filled underneath (or filled with something that is not firm enough to hold the cup out) then see the above. If, though, you are looking for something to hold forms in place and the forms will give the definition to the cup, then consider the possibilities of camisoles with built-in shelf-bra, or of bra-tops, or of body suits (though I don't recall finding any body suits at Sears.) In the bra-top style, check out Elita and Jockey: the Jockey "no-seam" microfibre Large in particular is fine for a 38" chest.

Also, if you find something slightly smaller but you like the style but it just doesn't fit around you, get a "bra-extender" that lengthens the strap a couple of inches. Sears should carry those.

One thing to watch out for is the length of the shoulder straps: you can always add more bra extenders to lengthen the back strap, but if the shoulder straps are not long enough, they will dig into you and at the very least leave red marks if not hurt immediately or hurt by the continual pressure on your shoulder blades. If you are having trouble with finding something with shoulder straps that are long enough, look at the strapless bras or the "convertable" bras. I used to go strapless a lot more, back when I was more paranoid about straps showing.

Thanks for the info Tess I am in Toronto btw.

It's funny you mention the bra extender. I never knew they existed but the SA that helped my at Sears recommended one as well. She was quite well versed in explaining the different styles including what will work with forms etc.

Smile It's great

[SIZE="2"]Isn't it great to shop, Sexy? I shop or window shop all the time. I look forward to getting some lovely things. I'm so happy when I actually make a purchase. It gets easier the more you do it. I have never had a problem.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Hi Sexy:
    Wow, you have moxy! When I shop en drab and the SA assumes I am buying for my wife (I wear a wedding band) I just say yes. Maybe I'll try your approach next time. An SA did see me trying on bracelets one time and got a big kick out of it and came over to help me, and showed me many items. I did enjoy that immensely so I know how you feel.

As Stephenie says though, Hold on to your wallet. Buying femme items is more addictive than heroin.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    A lot of manufacturers stop at 34B or 36B and for many of them the smallest for 38 is 38C. If I recall correctly, I did find one 38B at a local Sears.
    I checked the local lingerie shop that is also the virtual CDing HQ hereabouts. (Apparently they get a lot of guys walking in "cold" for their first purchase, not having any idea how connected the place is to the community.)

Anyhow, there were slots for up to 42A and up to 44B there, but the largest small-cup they happened to have in stock at the time was 40B. I believe I saw a slot for 48C, but I did not specifically trace out the C cup linage.
    More than one brand was involved, so there is some choice of styles with larger bands with small cups, but not every store will have them in stock even if they generally carry them.

yep I second everything the girls have said on here, confidence will grow and grow and its great that you had that type of experience, ppl can be great 99% of the time, thx for sharing that girl

of course this place will also help your confidence grow it has mine 10 fold, and i feel ready to face the world, I am so glad you felt you could be honest with the cashier, there is no better feeling than being yourself

Happy for you

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

finding THE bra

Hi Steph, I have found that the Breezies brand fits me well(40B). They actually come from QVC but I go to e-Bay to buy them. Should you want more info just e-mail me.

BonnieAnne
    "to thine own self be true"

Great going Steph!!! I'm really proud (and envious...)

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

So Steph is shopping great oo what ? I love going with the wife we alway get something for Angie shopping for girl things is the best time

Angie G.