Thread: Bra fitting experiences

Bra fitting experiences

I'm planning on having a bra fitting and I have some questions. I'll assume you all were fitted for a bra by a women for these questions .
    1) When you were measured did she have you take your upper garments off?
    2) And if she didn't have you take them off, did it really matter as far as getting a good fitting?
    3) Did she select some bras for you try or did she just tell you the size?
    4) Did she fit you out in the open or in private?
    5) Did she give you feedback on how the bras fit after or while you trying them on?
    This is only an outline of suggested reponses. Please add anything extra that you feel is pertinent.

Thanks, Brenda
    If I wanted to know where I am going I wouldn't be wearing this blindfold.

1. for my very first time....no, ( got wrong measurements)
    The second, "proper fitting" was done in a lingeries store and with my shirt off. Perfect measurements this time.

2. Yes it did matter

3. She did all of the selecting.

4. In private, as it should be, (one must maintain modesty in such matters)

5. Lots of feedback as to style and size, and what would work for what I wanted as a "look"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Scott View Post
    I'm planning on having a bra fitting and I have some questions. I'll assume you all were fitted for a bra by a women for these questions .
    2) And if she didn't have you take them off, did it really matter as far as getting a good fitting?
    5) Did she give you feedback on how the bras fit after or while you trying them on?
    This is only an outline of suggested reponses. Please add anything extra that you feel is pertinent.

Thanks, Brenda
    I'll say it again, since this is the second time you have asked this....

Call a store and ask. Geeesus, how do you expect to actually get it done if you cant even call someone and speak about it????

Crap or get off the pot.
    Last edited by Ashley in Virginia; 08-30-2006 at 10:17 AM.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Jersey View Post
    I'll say it again, since this is the second time you have asked this....

Call a store and ask. Geeesus, how do you expect to actually get it done if you cant even call someone and speak about it????

Crap or get off the pot.
    hey ashley lighten up. brenda was just asking for a little advice and help. not a dressing down.
    sue ellan

There is no satisfacti9on like doing something new. Call a Victorias Secret and ask if you can make an appointment for a bra fitting. Suggest you would like to buy other items as well. If they do not make you happy wit the responce don't go. I would think that they will love to have you in as stores and salespeople earn money by selling items. They could care less if you are a CD.

The first time I tried to buy a bra, I just went to a lady's specialty store and asked a saleslady if I could be fitted for a bra.She embarrased me by calling out to the owner that a teenage boy wanted to be fitted for a bra. Everyone looked at me. Given that sticks and stones hurt your bones, but names can never hurt you, I added that I wanted matching panties as well. There was silence for a second before the owner responded to help him with whatever he wanted. I was treated nicely in a fitting room and purchased 2 bras with same colored panties, a nightgown, and a long leg girdle. I thanked the saleslady for helping me with the proper sizing and left the store. I did shop there again and the owner was pleasant.

You have to accept your a crossdresser if you are to be one.
    Janice Ailene:

You can actually fit yourself if you want to, if you don't have real breasts. All you need to know is your band size and then just pick a cup size that you would like to have. Buy a measuring tape from a fabric department at a store, and measure yourself using the guidelines from a lingerie store website, it's actually quite easy. If you have real breasts of any real size, you can still get your basic size, but the cups don't always fit right because of the way bra's are made. Find your band size and buy 1 bra to see if it fits comfortably, if it does, get more, if not, go 1 size larger or smaller as need be.
    Amber

Janailene, now that's how you handle dumb sales people! You go girl!

Silver Member

Bra fitting

Thanks, Brenda
    Dear Brenda,

This is getting repetative, but here are your answers:

1.) You have to take your shirt and undershirt off to get acurate measurments.

2.) See above

3.) She should select different styles according to your input. You have mentioned a push-up style in a previous post.

4.) You should be fitted in private. This is not a public presentation.

5.) This is an essential part of a bra fitting.

The whole idea is to select the proper size in the style you prefer. It should take some time and be done carefully. Just make an apointment, sweetie. If you don't like it make another somewhere else. This is NOT such a big deal. All these questions will be answered by the experience of a proper fitting. Just do it.

As mentioned above and by me previously, you can do this at home. You don't have to go to the store. It's just easier because you have all the bras right there in when you are in the store.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 08-30-2006 at 12:28 PM.

Silver Member
    Dear Snowball,

Yes you can go in male mode. It might be more comfortable for you.

Remember, they WANT to sell you a bra. Geez, they WANT to sell you 10 bras.

As I said before, Man, Woman, Extraterrestial, they won't care. Just buy something.

Steph

Hi all:

I don't know what is so upsetting - I just wrote a post about the same subject twice. The reason I wrote the second post was because I wasn't getting the information I needed from the first post. People telling me that it's easy and I should just go and do it - it's interesting to hear but I am not that brave. It's like some people like to just dive into the water and others need to get used to it slowly - in my case very slowly. What I needed to hear from my first post was about the experience of being fitted. It helps me with my fears if I know every detail of what to expect. So that is why I submitted the second post.

Love Brenda
    If I wanted to know where I am going I wouldn't be wearing this blindfold.

Quote Originally Posted by snowball's chance View Post
    has anyone ever gone into a store for a bra fitting without any forms or anything like that, i mean just going to a store in male mode and asking for a bra fitting. were you treated well, did you get what you were looking for ect.
    Snowball-

Yes. Frishman's in NYC is such a palce. I went in "male" mode - well I had grey side zippered cotton/spandex slacks, a red blouse a short fitted coat, flats and a pocketbook. But I was not made-up or wearing a wig. They were wonderful in helping me. Private fitting rooms and I had no problem modeling various breast forms - different manufacturers and sizes.
    Janice Ailene:

Brenda. I have been in your shoes before where people are telling you just to go ahead and do it. Here is what I did. I called up the Lane Bryants in my town and asked sincerely about getting a bra fitting. I said that I just wanted to make sure what the store policy was as the last thing I would want to do is make a store employee or another customer uncomfortable. I got a number of rections...as I was so worried that I called several LBs some of which were in other towns. Howeve, the rudest reaction I got was a monotone just come in anyt time. The two best reactions were"sure! just come in any time in fact my name is ----Ill be here tommorow evening and Ill measure you". I think the best thing to do is ask to speak to the manager so you dont get a younger emplyee without any experience.

I did this about 9 months ago and it gave me the courage to walk in and purchase the bra myself. Sadly the first time I went it was so busy that I elected not to be measured. But just this last monday I got my first fitting and it was a great experience. Trust me..you will look back after a few shopping experiences and wonder what the big deal is all about.

Silver Member
    Hi all:

I don't know what is so upsetting - I just wrote a post about the same subject twice. The reason I wrote the second post was because I wasn't getting the information I needed from the first post. People telling me that it's easy and I should just go and do it - it's interesting to hear but I am not that brave. It's like some people like to just dive into the water and others need to get used to it slowly - in my case very slowly. What I needed to hear from my first post was about the experience of being fitted. It helps me with my fears if I know every detail of what to expect. So that is why I submitted the second post.

Love Brenda
    Dear Brenda,

By the time we get done with this subject we will be old friends, girl.

The reason people are telling you that it's easy is because it is easy. The reason people are telling you to "just do it" is because that's the only way to do it.

The reason people have trouble telling you "every detail about what to expect" is that they can't. Getting fitted for a bra is a routine proceedure that will vary with the customer's needs and the fitter's technique. Everyone is different.

Could you tell your wife "every detail of what to expect" when she takes her car in for service? Of course not. You could tell her what will happen. (she will get her car fixed) But if she was insisting on learning "every detail about what to expect" at the garage, you would finally say, "Oh for goodness sake, dear, just go and do it!".

Well, that's what people are saying to you. Just go and do it. It's not such a big deal, and when you have done it, all your questions will be answered. And you will have your new bra, or bras. Whoopee!!

Now, we are also saying that if you are having trouble doing this, you don't have to. It's quite easy to measure yourself and either order on line or buy your size in a store. Bra fittings are a service to GGs offered by stores and bra manufacturers because many GGs wear the wrong size. They are hoping that properly fitted, women will buy more bras. After all this is a garment that 1/2 of the population wears all day every day. It's a huge market. But most women go through their entire life without a fitting and you can too. You have had plenty of intruction here on how to do this, Just reread the answers to you posts.

OK, sweetie, screw up your courage. THIS IS NOT SUCH A BIG DEAL.

And no, we were not all measured. I would guess that the majority here have NOT had a formal bra fitting. It's just not nessessary. Most people, GGs and CDers alike use the hit or miss method. You just keep trying (using a little common sense) untill you find the bras that you like. This is not a big ticket item, and you can take them back if you don't remove the tags. I would also bet that most of us own far too many bras for practicality. A bra is something you can just keep buying. There's alway one more style you just have to have.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 08-30-2006 at 10:04 PM.

bra fitting VS

Brenda,

I've had success (luck?) with a bra fitting at Victorias Secret, but I can also relate to the fear. I have had a couple of bad experiences and let's face it, getting a clothing fitting can be embarrasing even without the cd aspect: the last time I was fitted for a suit pants....

1: I think she had me take off my shirt, but I dont remember
    2: unsure
    3: she selected
    4: semi-private
    5: she was responsive, but she never saw me in a bra

Here are the details: At Victoria's Secret I was in male mode and nervously asked a clerk about being fitted for a bra. She smiled, told me that guys were in the dressing area all the time with their girlfriends, but she just wanted to make sure about a fitting so she asked a manager who said yes.

She took me to an area in front of the dressing rooms that was hidden unless you were walking to or from the dressing rooms. I think she had me take off my shirt (but I'm not sure-it was a few years ago). She measured me and we talked about what I was looking for in a bra: underwire or not? Padded or not? etc. She suggested that we worry about size and comfort before worrying about color. At first I doubted her, but soon realized that she was right.

She got a couple bras and led me to a dressing room. While I was trying them on she came back and put another bra over the door. One bra was surprisingly uncomfortable and she counseled me that it was the style of the bra and not the size, and she was right. Another bra felt perfect and I bought it.

I've since tried on bras at several VS stores. My only big failure came when I was in a bad mood before going to the store and I wasn't professional. Aside from that the worst responses I got: a couple VSs said "come back when it's not crowded" or said they would open the store early just for me if I made an appointment!

I don't know if all VS stores are as supportive. But I know from experience that it is at least sometimes possible. Good luck.

princessmichelle
    Last edited by princessmichelle; 08-31-2006 at 12:19 AM.

I wa sfitted in a small lingerie shop in a private change room measured without shirt , she got 4 different styles of bras and some matching panties , i tried all the bras on and selected one set which i brought , she didn't care if i was male female or what ever , i spent money thats all she was worried about , i have recently gone into one of our major department stores and asked if i could try on some bras , the lady smiles and said of course just let me know how many you are trying on , i brought a lovey lace racer back bra that day , am going back soon for some panties to match

So simply go in and ask or ring first and ask , as others have said all they want is sales to keep there job , most women couldnt care less , well that is what i have found

Love Andrea

If you're a plus sized gurl, go to your local Lane Bryant store and get fitted. I just had one today, read my post....BJ