Thread: sewing

Thumbs up sewing

a brief story!
    I am a crossdresser who loves the 1950's music and dress both male n female side(only admited to myself n my wife app 6 months ago)
    my wife is supportive, but i've being findin it hard to find full circle skirts at a resonalble price even on ebay they eather not quite right or too expensive,
    i dont get a great wage,so i thought id try makin one.
    so with support of my wife got advise off a friend of ours, in the end i made a good job + made one for my wife not 100% but ill improve with practice.
    next a pencil skirt.
    any other cd girls make there own clothes for whatother reason???
    love donna :GE:

Banned Read only
    Hi Donna,
    To be a CD'r and to have the talent to make your own skirt that fits properly must be a great feeling.

Good job!! Lucky girl! I can't sew....I can weld!! So maybe a cute female Tin-man outfit would be within my capability!!. Lol

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    A tin skirt?
    Now I wonder what would feel like?

sewing is fun

i have recently made a waist cincher type thing. i did not have a pattern and as no one will see it, it does not matter how bad it looks. sizing is pretty hard as it pulls in and everything.

practice on stuff people won't see---night gowns, panties, camis.

Years ago when I was in High School, I took Home Ecomonics class. There the boys were taught how to sew, cook, and ect. It came in handy many times later in life. Last year I found a skirt I really liked but it was too long. Came to below my knees to mid calf. I pulled out my sister's sewing machine, cut and rehelmed the skirt and lining, so that it was knee length. It was my first time modifing an clothing item, but using both my old Home Ecomonics skills and my engineering skills, I did a very nice good. I made sure I made all the correct measurements, made sure I sewed on the correct side and used the correct stitch. I still have the skirt and wear it from time to time.

tin skirt? hammer them hips to any shape you want!!talk about staying flat in the front!!! LOL

I can sew, but to be honest I tend to make teddy bears rather than clothes...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Cool, I just got a pattern for a poodle skirt. And a lady friend sent me the files to embroider the dogs on the felt. Which I plan on starting as soon as I retire. I have 23 more drive up's till I'm done. I also have been collecting material for a new quilt. But the last 2 sewing project were in leather, holsters.
    Oh, Karren, when you get the pattern ready let me have a copy. I got a set of nibblers and a torch and welder in the garage ...BJ

Aspiring Member
    If you don't have one, what you really need is a surger. Yes they are expensive, and to make pro quality clothes you will need a 5 thread surger. Yes they do make 3 and 4 thread and advertise them as surgers, but they do not do true surging. It will cost you as well, I'm guessing around 1500. BTW, don't cheap out if you and anyone else decides to buy one. You'll just end up rebuying it. The good ones ( 1500 bucks ) have all metal parts and the drive motor should be sealed and maintenance free with some crazy 25 year warrenty. Also make certain all the controls are electronic.

Feel free to post any questions, I know more than I should about sewing machines.

I first started sewing 35 years ago, when we needed curtains for our new house. My wife wanted to buy ready made ones, and I foolishly suggested that sewing couldn't be that difficult, so she should make them and save us some money. "If you think it's that easy, you make them" was the reply (my own fault), so I did, and they were not bad. And I've got landed with making curtains ever since. I'm an engineer, and to me, sewing's like engineering with cloth.

I've been the sewer in our family since then, made dresses and skirts for my wife, and daughter, and trousers for my son, when he was too skinny for ready made ones. I've since made a couple of skirts for me from discarded trousers, and I've lost count of modifications and repairs I've made to all our family's clothing. Unfortunately, my wife has a problem with my CDing, so I've had to make my clothes in secret, and I've shortened and tightened a few skirts of hers that no longer fit her too (I hijacked them on the way to the charity shop!). They fit me when I really tighten my corset (haven't made one of those yet), and I do like a knee length pencil skirt tight enough to make walking difficult. Sewing's a challenge to me, and I long for the day when my wife's comfortable enough with it for me to be able to make dresses and skirts for myself. I've got loads of design ideas.

Tony

HI again Dragster,
    I did make a skirt one time years ago (late 70s) It was a tiered skirt. It came out better than my girfriend or I ever would have figured. I also made a Blouse one time, it was Blue Satin, high neck with lace at the top of the neck. Back Button Long Sleeve with lace at the sleeve cuffs. It wasn't perfect, but I loved the feel of the satin and that it Buttoned up the back.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I like the sound of that blouse Amy. Maybe I should add it to my "project" list, and add provision for a small padlock at the back of the neckband!!!

Tony