Thread: I'm All Stressed Out

I'm All Stressed Out

At my job I am pretty much on my own for most of the time and I wear heels everyday with my regular clothes.
    This past Friday, I think that someone may have seen me wearing heels but I'm not sure.
    Part of me is saying, "Who cares? This is what I do". Another part is saying "Holy crap! What the hell is going to be said about me?"
    So I'm kinda happy this is an extended weekend and almost considering calling in sick Tuesday. But sooner or later I'll have to find out for sure. Right?

Anyway, It's a farely large publicly traded company and I don't think that there's a policy for men wearing womens clothes and I'm thinking that this is not an issue to worry about being fired for? Right?

Maybe I'll just deny it if it comes up. God I hope the person just wasn't paying attention!
    Well it just feels good to tell about it...
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Tanya,

Calling in sick is for sick days. We're not sick, we simply have great taste in clothing options. Not sure what the HR policies are about dress codes, but I would be careful for little while.

Good luck,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Hi Tanya, what a lonely job you have. I find it a strange reaction that you wear heels at work but then worry because someone may have seen you in them.
    It being a large publicly traded company, I think, gives you security as far as your job is concerned. The bigger issue is what your fellow employees are going to say if the word gets around. But, working on your own most of the time, how many others know you exist.

Helen

I think your worrying over nothing
    But if anyone says anything to you
    Just tell them to stop smoking crack
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Quote Originally Posted by HeleninSpain View Post
    Hi Tanya, what a lonely job you have. I find it a strange reaction that you wear heels at work but then worry because someone may have seen you in them.
    Yea it's lonely sometimes but you get used to it. Besides I get to have my little 'secret'.
    I was just a little careless and that's why I'm in this situation now.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb43210 View Post
    I think your worrying over nothing
    But if anyone says anything to you
    Just tell them to stop smoking crack
    That's it!
    Last edited by swiss_susan; 09-14-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: consecutive posts

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya83 View Post
    Anyway, It's a farely large publicly traded company and I don't think that there's a policy for men wearing womens clothes and I'm thinking that this is not an issue to worry about being fired for? Right?
    "publically traded" could still easily be "at will employment" -- i.e., that anyone can be fired for pretty much any reason.

I'm not greatly familiar with "at will employment" as it isn't something that we have in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    "publically traded" could still easily be "at will employment" -- i.e., that anyone can be fired for pretty much any reason.

I'm not greatly familiar with "at will employment" as it isn't something that we have in Canada.
    You're right, they can fire you for any reason, but discrimination plays big down here.

Yea it's lonely sometimes but you get used to it. Besides I get to have my little 'secret'.
    Tanya, it may not be your little secret any longer.

Helen

But then, it may be someone who might have enjoyed seeing you in heels, s better to wait and see

Stressed Out

Hi Tanya, Just thought I would add my worth here. I realize it is very easy for someone to say "don't worry about it" because it didn't happen to them but look at it this way, if someone does mention it to you just say YOU LOST THE BET and nothing more. If really pressed for more info just don't give any more and walk away.

BonnieAnne
    "to thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by HeleninSpain View Post
    Tanya, it may not be your little secret any longer.

Helen

Hi, Tanya:

my

A lot of good advice is being offered here. I know you'll probably feel a bit self-conscious for a while, but I doubt that wearing heels at work can realistically be considered grounds for termination! It's not like you were sitting in a board meeting interacting with potential clients or anything..you were alone (or thought you were) and you happened to have a casual encounter with a co-worker. Try not to worry about it. I know it's easy for me to say, but I doubt it's any big deal. If it's any comfort, I wear women's shoes to work all the time, too--although I've never worn heels. I know that my fotwear choices have gotten the attention of several of the women at work and a few of the men, too. It's really no big deal...again just my
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Quote Originally Posted by older not wiser View Post
    Hi Tanya, Just thought I would add my worth here. I realize it is very easy for someone to say "don't worry about it" because it didn't happen to them but look at it this way, if someone does mention it to you just say YOU LOST THE BET and nothing more. If really pressed for more info just don't give any more and walk away.

BonnieAnne
    Oh god, that's a good one too!

Let's see, do I flat out deny it? (Suggesting they're smoking crack).
    Do I say I lost a bet? (Has crossed my mind)
    or just say nothing and the world has to deal with it!

I'll just play it by ear and see if there's any doubt in the witness.

Maybe I just don't get the whole point of this thread - you wear women's heels to work almost every day, and it is just now dawning on you that someone might have seen you? Haven't you been worried before? I think that you have been wanting to get caught, wearing heels with male clothes at your place of employment is a pretty hard thing to hide on an everyday basis....
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    Maybe I just don't get the whole point of this thread - you wear women's heels to work almost every day, and it is just now dawning on you that someone might have seen you? Haven't you been worried before? I think that you have been wanting to get caught, wearing heels with male clothes at your place of employment is a pretty hard thing to hide on an everyday basis....
    It's not a job where I'm around people a whole lot and I don't wear them to work, I change later when I am on my own. It's a night shift and I work by myself (Pretty sad huh?).
    It's ok for now because I get plenty of time to concentrate on my school work. I'm working towards a bachelors degree.

Platinum Member
    Oh god, that's a good one too!

Let's see, do I flat out deny it? (Suggesting they're smoking crack).
    Do I say I lost a bet? (Has crossed my mind)
    or just say nothing and the world has to deal with it!

I'll just play it by ear and see if there's any doubt in the witness.
    at this point you don't seam to realy be too stressed abought it.....post prevokeing???????

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    at this point you don't seam to realy be too stressed abought it.....post prevokeing???????
    I've got mixed feelings about it and I also know that what's done is done.

While I'm not ready to be "Outed" yet, I am a strong believer in fate.

Well, nothing's being said (At least not to me)

I guess only time will tell, I may end up hearing a rumor about "Some freak" wearing womens shoes!

Anyway, business as usual...

Hey, thanks for letting be bore you with my petty issue!
    Last edited by swiss_susan; 09-14-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: consecutive posts

Banned Read only
    You're right, they can fire you for any reason, but discrimination plays big down here.
    I was discriminated against by Marquette Electronics in Milwaukee Wisconsin back in 1974,I wore these cute tie flat heel ankle boots to an interview.They hired me and within 30 minutes fired me because another employee told management I was gay and had to go.
    Management never discussed the situation with me.
    Marquette Electronics makes EKG machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
    I was discriminated against by Marquette Electronics in Milwaukee Wisconsin back in 1974,I wore these cute tie flat heel ankle boots to an interview.They hired me and within 30 minutes fired me because another employee told management I was gay and had to go.
    Hopefully, some things have changed since 1974.

Karen Sue

Banned Read only
    Tanya,when you get stressd out,go outside weather permitting,sit and relax,then smell the air in,and exhale slowly,be careful no ones up wind of you suffering from flatulence.

Talk

Tanya, If you're worried about what people will say about you Hon, you are in the wrong "business". There comes a point in every CD's "career" where she decides she no longer cares what others think. Of course her particular situation has some bearing on it. I reached that point some time ago and am ready to defend my lifestyle any way I have to. I fought for my country. I pay my taxes. I'm a good citizen. I have the right to express myself as I see fit. My money is just as "green' as the next person. I'm ready to dicuss being who I am with others but if they will not consider me for the person that I am regardless of what I look like, I just figure them for the morons they are. Okay, I feel better. Don't let what others say intimidate you. You have the right to be yourself. Ericka Kay

While I'm not ready to be "Outed" yet, I am a strong believer in fate.
    As someone who doesn't believe in fate, I might suggest - all my moral support - you formulate a 'plan,' a set of words, your philosophy if you will, for facing the world. I mean, please do face the world. And one of the best ways to do that is to have your head together for it.

Once I was a Happy Hour shortorder cook for a dive St Louis bar. Back in my silly Dylan phase. Wore dark sunglasses all the time, even at work. The manager (big bushy beard guy) told me, under penalty of getting fired, I had to remove them - it was a 'hygiene issue.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards View Post
    If you're worried about what people will say about you Hon, you are in the wrong "business". There comes a point in every CD's "career" where she decides she no longer cares what others think.
    I think that about sums it all up.