Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make Yourself look shorter?

How to make Yourself look shorter?

I've always wanted to be able to wear heels, but at a little over 6'2, any significant heel height is going to make me a very unusually tall 'woman'. Are there any tricks to get away with wearing say 3 inch heels and not look like someone well on the way to 7 feet tall??

I want to look, and be, thinner !

Not really. One critical thing: do NOT (NOT!!!) slouch. Keep your best possible posture. Nothing looks less flattering than a really tall CD who slumps over. Even if it means you are 6'5" tall in heels, stand up straight - and be proud and beautiful. You'll probably be read as a crossdresser, but you can't really change that unless you are really talented at slouching. So be sure that you are read as a stunner!!!!

Erica (6'3" and love every bit of my height - passing be damned)
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

Solution

You can do what Tim Conway did when playing "Dorf." Bend your knees and wear them on your knees.
    I know, stupid answer, but realisticly speaking, there doesn't seam to be an answer other than stooping a lot.
    Rebecca

I'm 6' 8" Without heels, 7' tall in my favourite pair - i guess that i have just learned to like it, besides, just because i'm tall isnt a bad thing, there are plenty of tall GG's, and everyone loves a 6' blonde right? lol
    "We live in a dog town and its a dalmation parade.."
    "I change my spots over and over.. but they never seem to fade away..."

6'2"+3" adds always to 6'5". No matter what you do.
    As long as you are walking alone in a desert with nobody around, it isn't a problem anyway. But as soon you come closer to the people there is no way to avoid to be seen as tall (simple geometry and perspective).
    The only thing you can do is to avoid B-52 hairstyles and/or wait until they become in fashion again.

Not very helpfull, sorry.
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-03-2006 at 09:26 PM.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Hmm

I think thats what Chuck Berry wanted. Thats how the Duck Walk come into existence

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stevethebird View Post
    I've always wanted to be able to wear heels, but at a little over 6'2, any significant heel height is going to make me a very unusually tall 'woman'. Are there any tricks to get away with wearing say 3 inch heels and not look like someone well on the way to 7 feet tall??
    Hmmm, maybe try hanging out with pro basketball players, they'll make us look downright petite.

I know how you feel, not much to be done except as others have suggested, stand up straight and try to make it work. I've actually had the occasional female tell me that she wished she was as tall as me, so go figure.

Carol (6'5" in my stocking feet)
    My name is Carol.

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Smile Ladies, ladies, ladies......

Don't give up on something that can really improve a girls self esteem. Ones appearance can really impact how a girl feels and if she is confident about how she looks, she can overcome those who stereotype and can confidently boost her ability to socialize and relate to society within her feminine persona. Here are a few tips that we give girls here at our Transformation Studio in Chicago.

Avoid Big (on the top) Hair
    Avoid Long Straight Hair
    Shorter Wider Fluffy Wigs worn with a Scarf around the Neck are Good
    Lower Heels (2 1/2 vs. 4 1/2)
    Wear your pants to the top of your shoe and not to the bottom of your heel.
    Wear a shoe with an ankle strap
    Wear knee high pants.
    Wear A-Line Skirts
    Wear Horizontal Stripes
    Wear Wide Legged Pants
    Belt your outfit

Those are just a few and there are hundreds of other techniques......
    We are happy to help.

Love,
    Theresa

or hang with models? remember they are tall and beautiful...although beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Wear clothing with thick bands - horizontal stripes- never vertical .
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

It's all attitude anyway....if you look like you think your a tall chick then the public will percieve you as one......else if you if you don't have that attitude thing going then your just a tall guy in a dress....

Ohh. And gravity and time will make you shorter...been loosing an inch a decade....so in 30 years I'll be 5' 6"....I can't wait...hehe. But then again I'll be 84. <Sigh>

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-04-2006 at 06:54 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

yepp.. dont slouch !!! that looks worse that looking "too" tall

everytime i see a tall girl i totally check her out and try to compare how tall i am versus her..just to give me the feeling that they are out there...

there are not alot of tall girls, but i assure you that 6'2 is height that women do attain and its less than 1% for sure but barely a day goes by when i dont see a girl that tall

If you are going to a cd club wear you heels ,I feel unless you are 5 ft 6 or
    shorter you should wear low heels or flats for shopping etc , but if you can handle the tall girl
    looks wear you heels and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by stevethebird View Post
    Are there any tricks to get away with wearing say 3 inch heels and not look like someone well on the way to 7 feet tall??
    Yes. Stick your derriere to that bar stool and don't stand up until everybody is gone.

Why on earth would you want to look short? Happy to be Xenaesque thank you very much
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Thanks for the input, especially you spaskin - I knew there'd be some tricks of the trade!

It makes little odds at the moment because I don't think I'd dream of going out dressed- no makeup, no wig, I slouch as a man to the extent that I literally gain 7 inches in height simply by standing up straight! I've always felt the need to take the risk of being read - often deliberately - bra under fitted clothing etc, always brought the adrenalin rush of 'I hope that girl realises I'm wearing oh GOD she KNOWS! I have to get out of here!'

But everything else can be learned where passing is involved and I am still a young man so I hope I have plenty of time! Height was the major problem and ironically I HATE feeling conspicuous.

If I don't get back beforehand, have a fab christmas and new year everyone

Other than wearing flats or going barefoot, nope. EKR

Tall women are so attractive, I am five-nine, and I wish I was six foot. Go with what you've got honey, flaunt it!

I'm 5'8 and love heels.. Haven't been out yet in public but simple math tells me a '4 heel would put me at 6 ft tall!! Kinda big but not too out of the ordinary (w/ heels). I definitely feel it would be all about confidence as far as passing.. Not sure if I have that kind of confidence yet but working on it!! This site certainly helps!!

I sit down a lot.

Gen

I love to wear heels which put me at the 6' mark. I never really thought about whether or not I was considered tall for a woman. I was only concerned with being considered a woman.

I think that Erica is right on target with her response, but I would add that if you stand tall and confident you are less likely to be read than if you slouch or do something else to appear shorter. The tall GGs whom I know (college basketball players) look their best as tall, confident women. They don't really look less feminine for being tall.
    I have struggled with this because I'm fairly tall (6'0") and big (about 250 lbs) and have an athletic build (I was very successful in athletics as a collegiate wrestler and football player; also played some semi-pro football). In my own estimation, I look best en femme when I try to compensate for my overall size the least. That doesn't mean that I don't do things to give feminine shape to my body with foundation garments, padding, and my choice of styles, but it does mean that I don't try to look smaller or shorter overall. Those are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaCD View Post
    Not really. One critical thing: do NOT (NOT!!!) slouch. Keep your best possible posture. Nothing looks less flattering than a really tall CD who slumps over. Even if it means you are 6'5" tall in heels, stand up straight - and be proud and beautiful. You'll probably be read as a crossdresser, but you can't really change that unless you are really talented at slouching. So be sure that you are read as a stunner!!!!

Erica (6'3" and love every bit of my height - passing be damned)
    warmly, Linnea

Trick to make yourself shorter... hmm... Ok for this trick you'll need a saw and some glue.

Kim

well, im 6'1 and nobody has yet to say to me that I look too tall, even in my 3" heels, but I don't go beyond them. I also wear lots of flats that are super cute and since i live in a beach town lots of sandals that are at highest 1 1/2" platforms. Just look in the mirror a lot and think of how you look, then iits all about confidence if you think and know you look good nobody will notice how tall you are.
    Life out in a dress is always better than hiding in pants in the shadows denying yourself who you are...
    Live in Pink like a Princess!

Miss Mandy

my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125594519@N05/