Thread: White shoes after labor Day?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

White shoes after labor Day?

I have a real dilemma! According to the fashion 'mavens", one is not supposed to wear white shoes after Labor day. Several of my beautiful open toe sandals are white. What is this girl to do? Put them away until next year and just wear the other sandals or my pumps, or just ignore the so-called experts and wear my pretty white sandals? I do so like to show off my pretty painted toes, and since it is still warm here in the Atlanta area seems like white should still be O.K. Please give me your thoughts on this.

Sissy

More girl than man!

I would say, it's your choice.

More LOL

You could go out and by matching styles in more colors. Just a thought.
    Lessa Lynn Young

Gratitude is an Attitude. Treasure what you have rather than coveting what you don't.

No You're Not
    It's a fashion faux pas. Proceed with caution, the Fashionistas will show you no mercy.

A crossdresser out and about, know one is going to be looking at your shoes.

Ware what you want, I ware what shoes go with what outfit I am wareing.

No You're Not
    Being a crossdresser is no excuse for trampling a time-honored law of fashion!

I plan to be out this weekend and one outfilt I will be wearing has a very white skirt. My white pumps are the only shoes that look right with that skirt and that's what I will be wearing. Around Atlanta no one really worries about things like white shoes after Labor Day. And that's even true among the old ladies at the very conservative church I am a member of.
    Phoebe

Down South?

hon go till Thanksgiving....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

No such problems on this side of the pond!
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Coral

I've always heard that white is verboten after Labor day. Maybe it's different regionally.

Does this disdain of white after Labor Day also apply to handbags? Do I need to switch bags?

I guess I'll put my 2 pair of white sandals up til next spring. When, according to fashion tradition, will I be able to wear my white shoes again? Easter? Memorial Day?

I certainly hope this doesn't apply to tennis shoes, or maybe I should hope it does, then I could shop for some new ones. LOL

Jenna

Quote Originally Posted by Yes I am View Post
    Being a crossdresser is no excuse for trampling a time-honored law of fashion!
    May I respectfully disagree?
    We are men wearing women's clothing, that in itself violates a time honored law of fashion. If we are free to wear makeup, wigs and dresses we should be free to wear any shoe we desire.
    But what do I know? The Fashion Police already have me on their "10 Least Wanted" list.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Fashion? I have never paid much attention to it. I wear what I want, when I want, and where I want. Never been one to let some one else tell me what to wear and/or how I should look.

Besides, Kerry informs me that the whole "white shoes after Labor Day" thing was popular in the 1950s and is a long gone fashion trend. If the '50s is your "thing" then by all means do it right. In any case, as a CD you are free to create your own fashion trends. That's what I do but I don't go out so fashion still doesn't matter to me.

You're in the South, it's warm and nice down there, go for it!There isn't any sensible reason to change those nice sandals if the weather is nice.
    The last time I heard that after labor day no white shoes or purses was ummm....when I was a child. Period.
    Time honored...(sheesh) lets go for common sense. I for one do not have purses of different colors to match shoes and all that. One's budget does not allow for that. I wear the same shoes all year long (except when the snow gets deep.) and no one has come stomping down on my case for a fashion faux pas.
    (Not that they would stand a chance of my scathing reply anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by coral_s View Post
    No such problems on this side of the pond!
    No, unfortunatly, white jeans are in too...

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

White's Alright if the Weather's Warm

I don't know why, but in my opinion, white is fine if the weather is warm. Cool, wet, damp, or cloudy days don't cut it with me.

Jerry

Wear whatever you feel like, hon.

Karen Sue

All I have to say is, don't be one of the sheeple, just mindlessly following idiotic traditions because, 'that's just how it is.' Wear what you want and to hell with the fashionscists.
    --
    Daphnie

*** I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize ***

No You're Not
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    May I respectfully disagree?
    We are men wearing women's clothing, that in itself violates a time honored law of fashion. If we are free to wear makeup, wigs and dresses we should be free to wear any shoe we desire.
    But what do I know? The Fashion Police already have me on their "10 Least Wanted" list.
    Crossdressing is one thing, but white after Labor Day? That's a slippery slope that will lead us down to the depths of depravity, namely socks with sandals and/or white socks with black shoes. Oh the horror! THE HORROR!!

Being in the closet
    I make my own fashion
    (Now that's scary)
    Who cares as long as I feel good
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day