Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leotards and Tights

Leotards and Tights

I love to wear leotards and tights. I also love to wear mini skirts, because they are comfortable. I don't try to pass, but am I still a "crossdresser?"
    Some fashion is bringing "skirts" for men....
    And men wear leotards and tights too.

You certainly qualify as a a Crossdresser, in my book! From Katrina

sure do

yup i would say you do kali. whether you actually do pass or not
    you are a crossdresser. soon tho you will find your self passing more and more
    as you refine your dressing techniques.
    go go girl more power to you.
    Leanne aka johnnysunshine.

Those were my favorite when I was younger, I would exersie like a girl. It was great. Jena

I am guessing you have read some of my posts. It has been very informative and fun to be able to share with others. Jena

Hi Callie I like skirts also first thihg I put on infront of my wife it was one of hers she let my try now I wear it all just love to dress
    Angie

certainly it has been

yes it has been and it is also interesting to see
    others have some of the same problems that
    i have encountered also.the longer you dress and
    keep refining your appearence the better you
    feel about yourself and others that you encounter.
    leanne aka j-sunshine

Oh Leotards were my first love , i used to look great in them , before age caught up with the figure

Lycra is wonderful on the skin

I think that qualifies. I go a little further than that and include a strapless bra and a pair of silk panties. You should try it sometimes, I think that you might like it.

Denee

Quote Originally Posted by calliekat View Post
    I love to wear leotards and tights. I also love to wear mini skirts, because they are comfortable. I don't try to pass, but am I still a "crossdresser?"
    Some fashion is bringing "skirts" for men....
    And men wear leotards and tights too.

I still love to wear them
    (I look like crap in them but still love them)
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I assume I would love them, as I often picture myself in them. I have yet to by them, but I do intend to in the future.

And I like pleated mini skirts, mostly in pink. I guess I just like the schoolgirl look as well.

Leotards and tights

Many styles of leotards and tights are unisex so by themselves, they may not make you a crossdresser unless you wear something obviously feminine like a flowered print. With the skirt, yes I'd say that makes you a crossdresser. But who cares. Enjoy your leotards and tights like I have ever since I tried on my sister's.

i love them

im in a pink mood today, pink satin bra and panties, pink short sleeve leotard and a pink skating skirt. also pink ribbons in my pigtails and a pink hairbow. no tights though, its too warm and besides i dont have any leg hair to cover. missy

Smile Halloween at my aerobics class

A few years ago, the aerobics instructed suggested we wear costumes on Halloween. So I wore a leotard and tights, along with tennies, and a wig and makeup, of course. I don't think most of the other women recognized me. I asked one the next class meeting and she said she thought I looked a little buff for a girl, but other than that she wasn't sure. I worked out the entire hour, then put my dress back on, and left with my purse and keys. It was great fun!

leotards

Hi,

CallieKat, I've met many men who wear womens clothes but say that they cant or dont want to pass but still call themselves crossdressers. They seem to feel that wearing womens clothing makes them a crossdresser, whether a skirt or whatever. I know as soon as I put on a female piece of clothing I think of myself that way.

But what really matters is how you feel.

But since you brought up leotards & tights: you reminded me of when I took gymnastics class for years and most of the students were (genetic) girls. I always secretly wished I could wear a leotard and womens tights to that class! Of course I never did.

And I've always been more scared of buying a leotard than any other piece of womens clothing. I've tried on bras in stores, no problem, but the thought of going to a store for a womens leotard scares me.

Can it be tried on without ripping it? How do you tell your size?

Hugs,
    princess michelle
    Last edited by princessmichelle; 09-10-2006 at 12:37 PM.
    "Princess" was on a shirt given to me by a cd who barely knew me. I purged it, but kept the nickname to remind me of the kindess.

Quote Originally Posted by princessmichelle View Post
    And I've always been more scared of buying a leotard than any other piece of womens clothing. I've tried on bras in stores, no problem, but the thought of going to a store for a womens leotard scares me.

Can it be tried on without ripping it? How do you tell your size?
    princess michelle
    Quite the opposite from princessmichelle, I would never have the nerve to try on a bra in store, not really interested. But I have tried on leotards and tights in various dancewear stores several times. And I don't think I was ever the first guy to do so.

After getting through the nervousness, trying them on in the store turned out to be half the fun of buying them. They insist you wear underwear of course, so be sure to go in panties, pantyhose/tights or briefs. Boxers just doesn't cut it. The salesladies were always helpful fitting me for leotards and tights. After I stepped into a turtleneck leotard over tights, I would walk out of the dressing room in my stocking feet and ask to be zipped up. Then she would lead me over to the three way mirrors across the store in front of everybody so I could see how they fit before unzipping me to change. You can stay in that outfit while picking out another to try on. Or better yet, say 'Ill take it. Now how about fitting me for some shoes while I am here and in tights.' I think the salesladies enjoyed waiting on me for a change of pace.

princessmichelle also reminded me of a gymnastics class I took that turned out to be almost always all female. After a few classes I decided to work out in a black Danskin long sleeve scoopneck lycra stirrup unitard. When I slipped out of my warmup in the gym, the instructor remarked, "Oh, you got a leotard! Looks great!" During class she was very complimentary of how nice my positions looked complimented by my outfit, so I wore it to class from then on. BTW this was also one I tried on in a dancewear store. It was pretty quiet when I stepped into the dressing room and put it on. Then a whole bunch of girls came in with their moms. I stayed in a while until the saleslady spoke through the loover door and asked, 'how do they fit'. I had to step out in front of all of them to show her. Curious looks, but still no big deal. Just be confident.

Hope to others will post their experiences. I have a few of my own. But as far as trying on leotards and tights in the store, go for it and enjoy. This is a good time with Halloween coming up be it for a femme outfit, character, or superhero. The salesladies can help you think of costume ideas too. You have a good reason to be there, as if you really needed one.

Randee

Leotards....

...they are my favourite! Don't ever remember felelling particularly feminine in my early years. When I was about 8 I was forced to wear a leotard for a stage show. I was horrified to have to wear it.

However later in my teens the wearing of leotards became a very sexual thing! I love it! I have branched out into heels and basques but never felt I wanted to pass fully as a woman.

Sometimes life feels like a contradiction. Being a man - wanting to look like a woman (albeit temporarily) - it just doesn't make sense - then again who said life had to make sense.

I'd love to go to a dancewear shop and try a leotard on there - what a thrill that must be - not sure if I would have the nerve! Buying them on the internet is such a cop out!

Went to dance classes but only felt comfotable wearing my leotard under my t shirt - again just didn't have the courage!

Love Paula x

Dance Classes in leotards and tights

Quote Originally Posted by paula_cd View Post
    Went to dance classes but only felt comfotable wearing my leotard under my t shirt - again just didn't have the courage!
    It helped to take dance classes with my gf. I was the only male in her jazz/ballet class. After I attended the first class wearing a leotard and tights like theirs, they expected me or any other guy who took that class to be in leotards. When I came not dressed that way, several would scowl and ask "where are your leotards and why aren't you in them." After a couple of times of that, I never came to class unless I was wearing some kind of leotard and tights or unitard over a thong leotard the my gf gave me. Once everyone was warmed up, none of us wore coverups over our leotards.

Randee
    Last edited by Randee; 09-07-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

one of my favorite outfit is a lycra leotard with nylons, shinyer is better

I'm looking forward to the winter season so I can more easily enjoy wearing some nice warm tights. And yes, you are a crossdresser.

leotards & tights

they are all i wear not even skirts ifeel like a cd

love tights and garters

I don't mind being a cross dresser. Don't get me wrong with that. But some here dress up way beyond and better then me. So if I was side by side with someone else that is dressed much better and put more work into themselfs, how would I be preceived?

Anyway, whenI am dressed either in my leotard and tights, or mini skirts. I love it! I would like to learn to dress better but 1) Not much money. 2) I am in the closet anyway. and 3) In this town there is no way I can come out of the closet with out a major back lash or rumours running rament. -- I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and it is rather, well. They like things "normal."

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I think I have about 18 leotards in various styles and colors.
    I have about 13 mini skirts, and 5 cheerleader uniforms.
    I have more stuff too! (My fem clothes are taken over my male stuff.)

I have two lycra leotards, one pale blue and one black, and a black lace body stocking (you can see a shoulder strap in my avatar pic). A gf gave me the blue leotard, which is a tiny bit small. The black leotard clips up at the bottom using press-studs, which is very convenient. It was donated to me by a GG housemate who was very supportive. She also gave me panties, skirts, tops, makeup & jewellery.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe