Thread: How to make him feel special

Wink How to make him feel special

Hi everyone,

WOuld like some ideas on how I can make my hubby feel special when he dresses including setting the mood up etc......Feel like I've been really uptight lately for no particular reasons other than I guess it's in my nature unfortunately. I'd like to write him a note and give him "date" and go from there. Not too romantic cause he's not that type really. But something I could do to mae him feel really special, appreciate and most of all..........a night he will feel relax and all. Thanks

Truth

Having fantasies, or setting romatic moods are just outright fun. Buying small gifts of things that sHE would like, heck, we all like that.

But for me, the best night is one of truth. One where both of us express our opinions and show the true love we have and share.

Sometimes I want to talk about different fashions and style. Sometimes I want to talk about fears and confusion.

Sometimes she wants to ask questions and tell me about her feelings.

I know this sounds a bit idealistic, but that's me. Truth. Love. Compassion. Compromise. Forever.

(And a little wine!)

Go Hogs!
    Jerry

Show your loved one the post you just wrote.

That really should do it.

(Have fun from there!)

Whatever you both do to make him feel special, at some point, tell him that if the dressing is something that he feels embellishes his life, or to cope with this life, etc. that you accept it, understand there are sound human reasons for it that can always be discovered, and that you know that he loves you. Take care, Cheri.

You know what you like - - - shopping. She will like it too. We can all use some helpful advice and would love to talk over our purchases with a GG.

I absolutely love CheriTV2006's response. I would appreciate a response from my wife like as described by this very astute woman.

There's no one answer, wifeofsissy, CDing can have many reasons, different drives, different interests; you say he's not really the romantic type, but maybe he dresses as an expression of feminine (according to societies limitations) aspects to himself. He might love nothing more than for you to set up the most perfect, most romantic, utterly girly night, pack his boys clothes in a suitcase and chuck it out in the yard beyond his reach, and make him spend the night as your "girlfriend". Or maybe he has the slightly kinky take and a special night for him might be to come home and find you taking "complete control" for a night or weekend -- you've let him explore his desires, those desires often leave guys looking up to women and wanting to see what pleases them, but it can sometimes be hard, especially from within that place, to say so.

Countless other options Maybe a night watching his favorite TV shows or DVD collection or watching old Man Show episodes ... Hard to say without knowing the guy

WifeofSissyGG,
    do you want this to be a comlete surprise, and how soon do you want to put this into action? Only asking cos there are one or two or three or four ways to go about this.
    Jess(SO)
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

You know being accepted would be enough for me. I would be the one who would need to make her feel special.

No specific timing. When I feel the time is right.

How about his all time favorite meal, candles, wine ,favorite music playing softly in the background, a bunch of flowers, and to top it off a brand new outfit for him to dress in that night after he has had a relaxing soak. I know maybe a bit obvious but hey it works for me. I feel soooooooooooo special when we have had the chance to just be ourselves with no kids around. unfortunately have not had the chance to do any of this since I discovered his cding. We have my 22yr old son and 10 yr old living with us, so not much hope at the mo for us to be able to do this in the forseable future
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

The roses are very good. Soft music (I like Millissa Ethridge). If it were me, I'd want a very feminine evening, Candles, music, wine mabey, Thats just me.
    Huggs, Shelly.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.