View Poll Results: Is dressing still fun to you?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 97.37%
  • No

6 2.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does any one dress just for fun any more

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]With all the trouble I go through to look great it better be fun.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I do it for fun! I have a great life as a guy, but dressing up breaks the monotony. It freshens things up, and lets face it.. dressing up just feels good! The clothes, the makeup, the shoes (especially the shoes! heh, I suppose I have a bit of a shoe fetish).. I can't get enough. Why should it ever not be fun, right?

Just my

Ally

Hell if it was not funI wouldn't do it.

Susan
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

No. I dress in order to make myself totallly and completely miserable.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

I dress for fun... I just enjoy looking like the sort of girl my parents warned me about

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post
    No. I dress in order to make myself totallly and completely miserable.

Hugs,

Melissa
    I don't believe you

Content and Happy
    Dressed for fun? I'm female, living in a male body, which looks a little like a female body. Dressing for fun is dressing like a male. I hope that makes scense.

Lanore

hey Luv

dressed that way right now....Sunday and i'm cleaning house...dressed in brown/blonde wig, full makeup, full dangly earrings, black cami with flippy short skirt, painted pink toenails, and shiney clear coat manicured *last week at a salon* set of nails...enjoying the glossy coat of lipstick as i sip wine, monitor the forum, clean house, watch High Def tv, talk on the phone,send emails, listen to some tunes..
    just a gurrrlie work/play day..
    before returning to the real work world tomorrow...
    a fun day dressing!
    Way Fun!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Amazingly, I dress because I can (if everything falls into place, which hasn't happened much lately). Friends coming over unexpected add to the terror. Some are "slow learners". Fun?

Maybe if I could dress all the time, I woudn't. Then, when I want to, it might be more fun than just dressing when I can - becuase I can. I dress because it feels right, because it feels better, because I want to, because I should be allowed to. Rarely anymore do I go to the trouble of makeup and self portraits. That used to be fun. Now it seems like too much work.

Maybe I'm depressed. Maybe I should get dressed. Even I don't understand me.
    Hugs,

Bernice

Fun dressing fun putting on makeup fun putting on my wig fun in heels that click when I walk. It has been fun for 53 years. The only way it could be more fun is going out with friends dress to the nines.
    Glenda

Fun vs fun.

I understood Tina's question a little differently than some of you. I read "fun" to mean more of a whimsical sort of thing. Not so much driven by a need to relax or express some inner feelings.

A good massage makes me feel good, and helps me relax, but I never considered a massage "fun".

For me crossdressing is all about the fun. I'm not expressing any inner femininty or disgust for maleness. I don't NEED to dress. I just LIKE to dress. I like the feel and I like the look. And, I do like the shopping/treasure hunting. And there is a certain fun kick wearing lingerie under male clothes doing my regular daily activities.

But, if I have to get serious in some aspect of life, I am more likely to stay straight drab. I like the distraction of lingerie sliding against my body under my drab clothes, but not if that distraction takes away from the focus necessary to get the job done. Crossdressing for me is strictly fun. And like anything else recreational in my life, it needs to fit in to the overall scheme of things, not dominate it.

One of the best parts of this forum is the diversity of personalities. But sometimes, as others have mentioned, it gets a bit heavy. Thanks, Tina, for reminding us that "fun" is still an acceptable reason for membership in this fraternity.

However you define 'fun', it is the reason that I wear femme gear.

id have to vote No.

it took me a while to figure on ... and i didnt want to over think it or anything .. but the way i see it, if i was sitting around on a sunday morning and i thought about doing something fun....... i wouldnt think 'ill get all dressed up.. that will be great!'

i get to be me .. it might be wonderful to not have to hide .. it might be spiffy to be able to express myself .. but i dont think it comes into the fun catagory... id rather go play games with Kitty ... mind you .. id still be 'dressed' while doing that .. so maybe i should be disqualified for that.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Quote Originally Posted by Billie1 View Post
    ... and, it's having fun on many different 'levels'.
    I enjoy the fun of looking nice, the time spent on hair, makeup, cute, sexy underthings, and all.
    I enjoy the fun of going out, and seeing this beautiful world from my femme perspective ... (I always seem to have more fun in my femme persona)
    I enjoy the fun of the freedom to express myself in whatever gender role happens to work at the time.
    It's sort of what it's all about, isn't it?
    I love to dress in my mothers clothes,she's got a great wardrobe&we are
    about the same size.
    A TG Guy

Gold Member
    My campaign to bring fun to crossdressing seems to be working now we need to work on the five that aren't having fun, but it spreading people

Tina, Good question that you have brought into being. Yes, I do have fun when I am dressed up, and yes, I do laugh at myself. (far too much actually). It is more fun than serious anyway.
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

Of course it's fun. To me it's one of life's great pleasures. If it stops being fun then maybe you should take a break for a while, until it becomes fun again.
    Denee

Every time I wear feme clothing. If it weren't fun then why would I do it? Billie Jean

Whenever I'm tidying my wardrobes I seem to end up trying half of it on... Trouble is after a couple of hours the room looks worse than before I started tidying
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

i dress for fun only. have not got the time or place to dress to be unhappy.

Gold Member
    More people that are having fun, way to go, but where up to 6 that are not having fun, oh my what should we do?

fun fun fun

I enjoy it evey chance I get!!!!!

lawl

97.03% agree with you... it's still fun!

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Lanore View Post
    Dressed for fun? I'm female, living in a male body, which looks a little like a female body. Dressing for fun is dressing like a male. I hope that makes scense.

Lanore
    That's the way I feel. I voted yes. BUT! As I am enfemme 90% of the time , when I dress in drab, it's fun time as at work, I give ghost tours, and portray a hanged convict at other times and doing those things are a blast! For me wearing femme is natural. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Dressing was, is and will always be fun for me.

My answer to the poll: [SIZE="4"]Yes[/SIZE]