Thread: Another reason to CD.

Another reason to CD.

Is this a valid reason or just rationalization?

Assuming that...

...human population is roughly a 1:1 ratio of female to male;

...as I have heard, 70% of clothing space in malls is given to women's fashion leaving 30% for men's clothing;

That indicates either a 40% overprodution of women's clothing or an equal underproduction of men's clothes. (Note; there is no shortage of men's clothes so there must be over production of women's clothes.)

Therefore, doesn't it seem logical 20% of men should go full time CD to even things out?

Are you still with me?

Now, factor in the length of time that women will wear an outfit before discarding it as opposed to how long a man will wear something. This creates an excess of good quality secondhand women' clothes and a lack of men's secondhand clothes.

Again, doesn't it seem logical that men should step up to even things out?

What's your opinion?

P. S. I do realize that all these extra clothes could be sent to the poorer portions of the world to clothe the people who need it so badly.

I'm doing the best I can Lawren. It's only for this purpose that I even crossdress. What? You think I like wearing these things?
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Ratio

Maybe now Lawren, but back in ancient times when everyone wore robes, don't think it would hold much water. How could you crossdress if nothing was considered crossdressable? Not really an answer to your question but this is how my catty little mind works. I always think nutty that way. Ericka Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post

Assuming that...

...as I have heard, 70% of clothing space in malls is given to women's fashion leaving 30% for men's clothing;

That indicates either a 40% overprodution of women's clothing or an equal underproduction of men's clothes. (Note; there is no shortage of men's clothes so there must be over production of women's clothes.)

Therefore, doesn't it seem logical 20% of men should go full time CD to even things out?

Are you still with me?

Now, factor in the length of time that women will wear an outfit before discarding it as opposed to how long a man will wear something. This creates an excess of good quality secondhand women' clothes and a lack of men's secondhand clothes.

Again, doesn't it seem logical that men should step up to even things out?

What's your opinion?
    It's not logical !!! You have to take into account that the shopping behavior is approximatly the same for new and second hand clothes and men care less about the qualitiy anyway. Hence even the second hand market is in balance.

Now, factor in the length of time that women will wear an outfit before discarding it as opposed to how long a man will wear something. This creates an excess of good quality secondhand women' clothes and a lack of men's secondhand clothes. Again, doesn't it seem logical that men should step up to even things out?
    Wow - an honest-to-goodness market determinist thesis. I love it. Adam Smith loves it! Karx Marx loves it! Hey, whenever I see some foolish new mom at the playground still wearing her 'single-and-available' dress (approximately 1 hour before spitup trickles down the left shoulder), I just wanna go up to her and say Here's my email, hon, let me know when you drop your lovely threads off at the Goodwill, willya?

Thats great news that means I can go out with a clear conscious and get that skirt and top I have been meaning to get and while I'm getting those why not some new shoes too. Would that held reduce the womens over production Lawren

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Untitled

Assuming that...

All this maffs makes me ead urt
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

"maff majers"

... .. ain't "stats" great when they prove a point you agree with ??
    ..while I DO AGREE - "they'll have to pry the overworn (kneeless) Levi's - hole filled (most comfortable) old "T" shirts - and (well beyond their time ) Red-Wing boots - off my cold dead body !!!
    while... I'm thinking of being buried in a dress...hehe
    Thank You -ALL You !- "Fashion ,or size wize , divesting of Your clothing " ..GG's !! .. I'm still greatfull !! yer sis xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards View Post
    Maybe now Lawren, but back in ancient times when everyone wore robes, don't think it would hold much water. How could you crossdress if nothing was considered crossdressable? Not really an answer to your question but this is how my catty little mind works. I always think nutty that way. Ericka Kay

Hmm - not always been true - in numerous societies women wore what we might call "britches" or longjohns as a sort of aide to propriety. Men often wore more robe-like affairs. It just makes slightly more sense when you think of various bodily functions.

Indeed, the Romans thought that the Gaelic tradition of men wearing britches/trousers was a sign of effiminacy and barbarism.

IF IT FEELS GOOD, LOOKS GOOD, AND YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT. US GIRLS CAN KEEP THE ECONOMY GOING! but, oh sizes? hmmm.

Well you look at any department store catalog
    You'll find 358 pages of womens wear
    And only 35 for mens
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I do realize that all these extra clothes could be sent to the poorer portions of the world to clothe the people who need it so badly.
    Maybe, but do they really want corsets and fishnets over in Ethiopia?

There are actually more females in each age groupn than there are males. I know it doesn't seem like it when you are a male teenager and you've got excess blood in various parts of the body. As for giving away excess clothing to the poorer nations. I really can't see poor peasants getting around their fields in cocktail dresses and strappy 4-5" sandals.

Given to be or not, the start of this thread is just in bad taste.

Aspiring Member
    Ok let's shed some practical light here.

Firstly there are more women then men, but it's such a small difference, less than one percentage point I believe.

As for the shopping, women have many many more styles and "looks". Pants come in many different styles, fabrics and colors. So just any old shoes won't work. They also dont' just dress up or dress down, there is everything in between.

imo if mens clothing had the same style options you'd see a 50 / 50 balance in the stores. It's really too bad designers don't think more of mens style. They seem to have a mind set that we won't like shopping, we don't care about style. So until this changes, that's the way it is. Although if mens clothing desisgners were on project runway I'd fire everyone of them for boring me and playing it safe.

Well based on this logic - every dress bought by a CD is one less for GGs which taken to its err...logical conclusion could result in a shortage of dresses for women, especially in the larger sizes. Think of the psychological damage that would result if women turned up to shop only to find their were no dresses left to buy.

Lawren, You have some very logical thinking going there. But I really don't buy it, even though sometimes any excuse will do. lol. Besides, the stuff I wear wouldn't end up in one of the poorer nations of the world. They wouldn't be allowed to wear what I wear , nor would they know how.
    Fact: Most GG's I know under the age of say 50 don't know what a suspender belt or a girdle is, or what one does with them.
    Last edited by oztallulah; 09-11-2006 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Added info
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

It's not overproduction, it merely reflects the fact that women have a larger wardrobe than men... Indeed after fighting to get my new winter coats into one of my three wardrobes I noticed that the wardrobe is pulling away from the wall... ooops!

Do women discard things? Hmmmmmmm? Really? I've not noticed it.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by SallyBowles View Post
    Given to be or not, the start of this thread is just in bad taste.

I'm sorry you feel that way but after seeing numerous threads which are obviously sexually oriented I don't understand what you find objectionable about this one.

I started this thread merely as food for thought and maybe as encouragement to those CDs who still have trouble shopping for their fem things in stores as opposed to ordering them.

I don't find anything in bad taste with this thread. In fact, I rather enjoyed it. It was/is fun! And if I didn't need to run out and shop I'd stick around longer and play! But as everyone knows...shopping comes before playing!!! Especially when we are duty bound to shop for ladies clothes while we can!!!