Thread: I have an Idea - Ms CD of Month/Year

Smile I have an Idea - Ms CD of Month/Year

Sisters

I have an idea. Ok no blonde jokes

Some of the more senior members could tell me if this is possible. I will be thinking about it today working things out.

How about a monthly beauty contest? For 7 days pics are submitted. Some senior members would be judges. They would PM about who their top 10 pics are. One would submit a poll with pics of finalists. Voting would be for 14 days only. The winner announced to all with pic. Once you win you cannot win again for 6 months.

Six monthly winners would then be in run off for top 3 (poll again). This is done twice. The top 6 would be in contest for Ms CD Forum of Year?

What do you think? Is is possible? I think it would be great fun. Girls would be showing off their pics and their better outfits.

Merry Christmas
    Donna Louise
    Life - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Post Another idea

Amelie had an idea of starting a poll to see how others feel about this which I think is an outstanding idea. I guess I got carried away. I have to leave for work - right now. Maybe someone else can pick up the ball while I am away and start a poll.
    Hugs
    Donna Louise

Hmmm... A beauty contest...

I personally don't care for the idea. I see this place as a safe haven for transgendered people, family, and friends (which includes admirers). We already have ways of sharing our pics with everyone. Throwing a contest into the place I think replaces that sense of safety by institutionalizing vanity.

On what standard would the pics be judged? Do we pick the prettiest/handsomest person, remembering of course that some of the crossdressers are F2M? Are GGs and GMs also available for the contest? They're forum members too, and are likely to win over TG folks! What message does a beauty contest send to those who are not passable?

There are places on the net that celebrate TG beauty. There's nothing wrong with that. We celebrate it here! I just don't think it should be codified into a divisive contest. Doing so I think is a Bad Idea.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Tristen Cox
    Donna I like the concept, and the idea that you have. However Stephanie brought up some good points. I have to agree with her. And what about those who can not for what ever reason post pics or participate regularly enough to be included. I'm not downing this idea at all, it does sound like it would require some members to give up a lot of their time and everyone should be with this so that no one feels left out. I simply don't see this working according to plan, but that's up to everyone to decide. Those are my thoughts.

Back and Glad about it!

Not me, thanks

Not me, ladies.

I've belonged to, and quit other sites, which have "T-Girl of the month" contests. And you know what?

It's all they ever do.

It's all they ever talk about.

It's the biggest of the big deals for them.

Not here. We talk about other things. And I like it.

I like to think of us like a bunch of girlfriends who meet on a regular basis. Just to have fun and laugh and share.

And if we were....imagine how strange it would be for us to all be together chatting, and laughing and confiding, then one of us says: "Hey...who's PRETTIEST? Let's VOTE!"

Girls would never do that.

But guys would.

Love

G

gen,
    i agree with you. on this site we talk about everything! can you imagine having to limit ourselves to just talking about beauty tips, clothing, etc..? and never speaking from the heart? other gurls on this site have suggested this over the last 24 hrs...
    how vain and superficial can they get?
    this reminds me of my jr hs days, and the attitude of the cheerleader squad. ("its all about me")
    i'm glad i've(we) evolved beyond that over the years.

hugs,
    kimm

Oh Oh Oh

Pick me!

Pick me!

Pick me!

Beach Chick

Glad you floated the idea, although tend to agree with the others. I wouldn't want a competitive poll, but I would like to see more pictures of the girls on this site as I think it help to build a picture of the person (excuse the pun), although I understand why so many don't. This is a safe haven where we can just share ideas and thoughts - it doesn't need pictures and votes. We are all equally gorgeous in our own ways.
    So no contest, but more encouragement to those who want to post pictures.

Sarah
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve_ohara
    Not me, ladies.

I've belonged to, and quit other sites, which have "T-Girl of the month" contests. And you know what?

It's all they ever do.

It's all they ever talk about.

It's the biggest of the big deals for them.

Not here. We talk about other things. And I like it.

I like to think of us like a bunch of girlfriends who meet on a regular basis. Just to have fun and laugh and share.

And if we were....imagine how strange it would be for us to all be together chatting, and laughing and confiding, then one of us says: "Hey...who's PRETTIEST? Let's VOTE!"

Girls would never do that.

But guys would.
    Ditto!!!!!!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Ok, Sorry if it caused friction

Sorry Ladies

I thought it might be interesting. Scratch the idea, I humblely bow to the masses.

I guess I did have a blonde moment there.

Donna Louise

I would vote for Beach Chick too - even though I sent her my number, she still hasn't called me

DanaJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Louise
    Sorry Ladies

I thought it might be interesting. Scratch the idea, I humblely bow to the masses.

I guess I did have a blonde moment there.

Donna Louise
    I thought the intent was fine! Also, I think it's great for us to float new ideas!!!!!! What good is it if we can't look at something new? I also don't see any reason to apologize.

I'm used to being in a research environment where people float all manner of ideas. The people are good; you are good, Donna Louise! It's the ideas that must live or die on their merits. It's good and healthy to challenge the ideas.

*HUGS*
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Oh Oh Oh

Did I win?

Did I?

Huh?

I'm so HAPPY

Love

Beach Chick

[SIZE=1]I'd like to thank all the members who voted for me, especially DonnaLouise who maybe didn't but it was her idea anyway and also Tristen maybe but she didn't commit but Erica did so thanks Erica and DanaJ who is the best ever nice nails too, you and Mona should be in a nails competitition and I'd like to thank the Academy and my mother and father and my step sisters for leaving their lingerie in the dryer so I could snag some stuff and I'd like to thank all the girls who didn't enter they made it much easier to win and I'd like to thank Genevieve even though I don't understand half the stuff she writes and Sharon because all she said was ditto hey Gen how come you can't just use one word and fractgrrl I think her name means something smart but I don't know what and also Cover Girl because I only use cheap makeup and Amelie really turns me on does she turn you on too because French chicks are so HOT even though English chicks have...have..umm...ummm...what was I talking about?[/SIZE]

Where is my phone call? You win and now you are to big and important to call any more

DanaJ

"Stephanie"
    It's threads like this that keep me coming back! This place is sooo much fun!
    SilkenPrincess

late again

I vote for Beach Chick.

Haven't even seen a photo but well...Make someone happy.

What do you mean I am too late!