Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music

Music

Hey girls,

I was curious if any of your music choices change while enfemme? My taste in music usually stays the same while dressed. I am a serious musician, so playing enfemme is what I do most while dressed, as I love to play guitar. Theres nothing more satisfying to me than playing "To live is to Die" on my guitar by metallica while dressed.

Let me know what kind of tunes you girls jam out to while dressed, I would love to know.

Well, I don't play music, but I listen to the same general music. Rock & Metal.

Child of the '60's so classic rock for this girl. Album rock, and even the top 40 some times. Really like Deep Tracks on XM radio that I get on my satellite TV. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Hi Alexis,

Great question. You know, it's weird, but my tastes en femme run differently than in my regular guy mode. As a guy, I listen to a huge range of stuff from classic jazz to classical, classic R&B, hip hop, thrash metal, modern rock, world music, and on, and on. . .

But, as Sedona, I tend to go for female voiced electronic/techno. My current favorites are Peaches and Poe, plus progressive house and goth-inspired groups like Collide, Kidney Thieves and Rhea's Obsession. I dunno, listening to The Teaches of Peaches is just so danged hot.

Cheers,
    -Sedona

Alexis,
    I play (well I call it playing!) a jumbo accoustic, dressed or not. I find my "chest" gets in the way a little. Do you have the same problem?
    Tony

No change in music preference, but I listen to more of it.

Not at all. I still love my classic, obnoxious, politically incorrect, ear shattering rock -n- roll.

Tony
    Alexis,
    I play (well I call it playing!) a jumbo accoustic, dressed or not. I find my "chest" gets in the way a little. Do you have the same problem?
    Tony
    Yes I do have a little trouble with my breast forms sometimes. Playing higher on the fret board usualy tends to move the arm towards the body, thus pushing my guitar into my chest , just need to wear my strap a little lower, so my guitar hangs just below the bust.

I have difficulty imagining grooving on 'classic rock,' Metallica, what-have-you while enfemme. Maybe I internalize the lyrics and singer too fervidly (what a teenager), but I have always indulged the fantasy, however brief, of being the singer (or, back in my guy days, the guitarist) while an especially happening passage buzzed through my ears. I have traded in my Bloodrock, MC5, Steppenwolf, etc. for Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins and Grace Slick. (Just as intense, really.) It just seems weirdly out-of-body hearing anything else other than female words and tones nowadays.
    Last edited by Calliope; 09-12-2006 at 08:09 PM.

I perform at the Renaissance Festival playing jigs, reels, and court dance tunes on my celtic harp while in Tudor drag. The only time I'm in drab is when I'm doing yard or construction work, and I don't listen to any music while doing that.

Sejd
    Hi Alexis
    I am a musician too, guitar player as you are, but I have not played en femme yet, I think that playing the flute would be fun. Have to try that one day.
    love to all you musicians
    Sejd

Quote Originally Posted by Sejd View Post
    I have not played en femme yet [...]
    Didn't even occur to me that my early '90s act - a technogrunge cover of Yoko Ono's Plastic Ono Band album where I screamed through the whole set - was maybe some desire to get back into the femme. I had long hair and I dyed it black, too ('just like Yoko' I said at the time) but I never went that extra step. Too bad! I played that set at CBGBs - to maybe an audience of 20. Who knows, maybe in that corny Yoko black vinyl hot pants outfit she wore in the 70's, I would have found my rightful fame & fortune - er, stuck playing that junk for the rest of my days.

I usually stick to my same techno, dnb and house, but yesterday it must have been that time of the month and I listened to classic rock love songs for the first in a long time. Yes, some of us CD have that time of the month when the hormones rage. Rock on!
    There's more here than meets the eye.
    Much Love,
    Krisy

Blues, jazz, electronic, rock, folk, bluegrass, country (in a pinch) makes no difference. If it has a tune I will listen to it or maybe play it. (guitar, keyboards, percussion oh and yeah cowbell. Gotta have cowbell.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Didn't even occur to me that my early '90s act - a technogrunge cover of Yoko Ono's Plastic Ono Band album where I screamed through the whole set - was maybe some desire to get back into the femme. I had long hair and I dyed it black, too ('just like Yoko' I said at the time) but I never went that extra step. Too bad! I played that set at CBGBs - to maybe an audience of 20. Who knows, maybe in that corny Yoko black vinyl hot pants outfit she wore in the 70's, I would have found my rightful fame & fortune - er, stuck playing that junk for the rest of my days.
    hopefully your voice is better than hers. Actually, I think my dog has a better voice than hers, but that's my opinion. In the 70's I could have gotten away with those hot pants. Could have looked good on you I'll bet. BTW, CBGBs is shutting it's doors this month. Not sure when, but what a loss. All in the name of "progress". love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Nope, doesn't change.....hard rock...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I guess I may as well go into specific bands I listen to, cause why not? Most of them are relatively new and/or unheard of by older generations, but anyway, here goes.

Mostly the rock/metal
    -The Black Maria
    -Crazy Town
    -Linkin Park
    -Silverstein
    -Acceptance
    -Adema
    -Bullet For My Valentine
    -In Flames
    -Atreyu
    -Funeral for a friend
    -Story of the Year
    -Anberlin
    -AFI
    -Daggers Bearing Notes
    -As I Lay Dying
    -Trivium
    -Something Corporate
    -Jack's Mannequin

And the little bit of hip-hop I do listen to
    -Shifty
    -K-os
    -Outkast
    -R Kelly
    -Gnarls Barkley
    and a few other random songs by random artists

Quote Originally Posted by Lilygirl View Post
    hopefully your voice is better than hers.
    Worse!

Funny, I was obsessed with Ono when I was a kid just discovering rock music (hmmmmm - same year I first dressed now that I think of it). Wore a custom-made Yoko Ono sweatshirt to school for a while, bought all of her albums throughout the 70s. Wrote her a fan letter in '72 and, checkitout, she sent me a paperback edition of her 'poetry' book Grapefruit signed Love + Peace John Lennon Yoko Ono - and it was her signature I dug most! Hangs framed on my wall to this day. Cannot stand her music anymore I confess.

I also like to sing, but I dunno if I am very good. And I don't sing feminine songs.

Alexis,it's interesting that one of us girls should mention music in the Forum. I play lead and slide guitar but I rarely play enfemme.I play mainly blues and a little rock and roll.Sort of improvised blues-rock and loud.I play one of the older 50's Les Pauls.I listen to all of the old blues guys and I like the MC5 and The Yardbirds.I sometimes play enfemme,but rarely.When I'm fem I often like classical music such as Mozart,Beethoven,Brahms,Bach,Shubert,Chopin, Handel,etc..I got started with Rock and Roll when I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan when I was 7 and it may sound nerdy but I've always had a preference for the Top 40 radio of the mid-sixties.That's something that hasn't been replaced and of course,it existed in the mid-sixties and not anymore!It's neat that this music thing has come up this time.I've been thinking about posting a review and history of the German mid-sixties Rock Music TV Show called "Beat Beat Beat"for several weeks now but I'm not sure if The Lounge or Writers Society would be suitable.Oh well,the only thing I can do is throw paint at the wall and see what happens!Thank you all so much for bringing this music thing up.Cheers,Samantha B L in Wisconsin

I couldnt play a tune if my life depended on it, always wanted to though. Heck, I cant even dance!!! I was always the one who sat at the bar watching and come to think of it had a tendency to look at what the girls were wearing (go figure). Well, back to the point of the thread I love hard rock from the 70's and 80's, AC/DC Aerosmith Sabbith then it goes to Styx Boston Kansas Segar then I never really knew why but Air Supply Abba always did something for me. Now that I think about it I would sometimes search the radio for what most on the other side would say the mushy stuff. Although, I always did it while alone...go figure.

I like playing metal

Smooth Jazz and 80's NewWave! OK, some Zeppelin too.

Oops, almost forgot my girl on the left. ABBA!!!!
    Last edited by AmandaM; 09-12-2006 at 11:18 PM. Reason: tt

Banned Read only
    I like to put on Doris Day's, I Enjoy Being A Girl, while I'm getting dressed. Heh heh.

OMG, I'm really out of place here. My tastes run along the lines of Henry Mancini's "Moon River".

Karen Sue