Thread: Safe Haven: A cool idea: crossdressing bar

Just a Guy in a Skirt.... USNguyNskirt's Avatar

Lightbulb Safe Haven: A cool idea: crossdressing bar

So here's my idea:

Safe Haven: A bar/ restaurant that caters mainly to crossdressers and their friends/family......Could possibly have a salon and hotel built into it. I'm not sure in missouri what defines a bar from a restuarant, but if I kept it as a restaurant all ages would have access to it and it could still serve alcohol. Beds, to encourage crossdressers passing through on business or whatever that they could stop and stay. A full service salon possibly offering everything from hairstyling to makeup, wigs, transformation services. I think it could be a VERY profitable business. Maybe it could even offer up counseling services to crossdressers and family members. What ya'all think?
    Last edited by USNguyNskirt; 09-13-2006 at 06:46 AM.

Book me a room!!!!!!

Sounds great, but Missouri? Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Not a bad idea but I think it should be a chain and not just a single resort.

Karen Sue

CD Friendly Bars/Clubs in NYC or Northern NJ

Hi all...

Can anyone reccomend any CD Friendly Bars/Clubs in NYC or Northern NJ. I would love to be able to meet and talk with some kindred souls to learn more tips and tricks to being a girl before I try going out "dressed". Are their any organizations that have meetings that I could attend?

Huggs...

bob..bie?

Its a good idea for sure. Many homophobes may cause problems though through vandalism and threats though. Also, it would have to start out as a single resort before it could 'mature' and make enough profit to become a chain, assuming it made as much profit as anticipated. I would build it in a very liberal area though.

Great idea, all it takes is money. Wish I was rich so I could finance such a place here in SoCal. The TG friendly club we've been going to here is closing soon.

Vikki

Silver Member
    Large cities like NY, LA, Boston and San Fran all have Trannie bars for Us T-Girls
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    And if you notice, very few of then have that as their only business. I'm afraid there are just not enough customers with enough money to suport such an operation. A bar or resturant needs to be full at least some of the time in order to make a go of it.

Nice dream though.

Steph

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    And if you notice, very few of then have that as their only business. I'm afraid there are just not enough customers with enough money to suport such an operation. A bar or resturant needs to be full at least some of the time in order to make a go of it.

Nice dream though.

Steph
    In the larger cities some of them are exclusivly for TGs---a good example is Jacques in Boston--its been open for decades and caters exclusivly to T-Girls and their admirers. Other smaller cities have gay bars that welcome Us but also have other types---gays and lesbians--as their main clientel
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Just a Guy in a Skirt.... USNguyNskirt's Avatar
    It might thrive better ina nonliberal area considering the fact that in a liberal area there is generally more palces for them to go, in a nonliberal area, usually there is no where for them to go. On top of that in a nonliberal area people are more apt to care what other people think therefore they would want to go somewhere "safe". Besides Missouri is the middle of the country :-) It has also been estimated that anywhere between 1-6 percent of the population is crossdressers But they dont really know because so many are closeted. If you throw up an establishment like that, advertise and let them know they are safe from hagglers and the like they might be more apt to come out. 1-6 percent is pretty decent numbers, especially if you live in a place like missouri where there is really no other place for them to go on a regular basis, except there support meetings that meet at someones house....once a month if you are lucky? I dunno I think it could be very profitable. And if advvertised right, it could bring people from around the country like many other crossdressing events have done.
    Last edited by USNguyNskirt; 09-13-2006 at 11:51 AM.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    sadly not as sound as you think!

Firstly your limiting you clients, to a very small circle of people that in all honestly, would not like to seen dead going in to such a place by there friends!

By closing doors, solely to one select group, you dischorage others, and dispite saying all welcome, your trade would be limited, and therefore you would have to sell items at a higher mark up to keep going (ie transformation in the UK is a case of such a limited market, and high retail pricing due to it!)

thoughs that can dress and pass in public, would probably not attend, as they have no need to, they can pass as female in any cafe, bar, etc. whilst others would not attend, if they could not pass, for the fear of someone noticing, or the yob factor which such a place could possible attract.

sorry, I don't like to pour cold water on your idea, but there are as many factors (if not more) against attending such a place, as actually going. ie I live within easy travelling distance of a very large LG&T club, I've never attended it in four year, and probably never will.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

I agree with Tracy that you might have more success by making it a general GLBT place. There do exist liberal towns in MO, like Columbia, and in nearby states, like Lawrence, KS and Eureka Springs, AR. In most states, a bar becomes a restaurant when greater than a certain set percentage of its sales are from food. Food is more complicated to make and get supplies for than drinks, and harder to make a profit on..

Question Good Idea, but ...............

I think you have a good idea, BUT, I too am looking at location and clientel. Your guest list will have to include some broad minded people. Also security would be the biggest concern. I mean you would almost have to have an underground garage for parking and to keep unruly people from harassing the patrons. Because you know there are a lot of bible thumpers in Missouri, and they would love to get right out front and cause a big seen.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Wink Montreal / Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    Not a bad idea but I think it should be a chain and not just a single resort.
    Count me in for the Montreal / Ottawa branches

Quote Originally Posted by USNguyNskirt View Post
    It has also been estimated that anywhere between 1-6 percent of the population is crossdressers But they dont really know because so many are closeted. If you throw up an establishment like that, advertise and let them know they are safe from hagglers and the like they might be more apt to come out. 1-6 percent is pretty decent numbers, especially if you live in a place like missouri where there is really no other place for them to go on a regular basis, except there support meetings that meet at someones house....once a month if you are lucky?
    Nah, it doesn't work that way. Being a cd doesn't mean that you will actually go to that particular bar, or makeup parlor, or whatever it is. Here in Chicago, a huge city although not the most liberal, there are at least three cd-oriented (and some more cd-friendly) bars but I've never seen more than half of the patrons being cds, and at times I was the only one. And there's no question there are a lot of us around here.

I think any place for us to get together is a great idea

I like the idea, let me know when ther is one in the wi area

How about "The Cross Bar" go sell it to Donald Trump as a chain of Hotels across America, then roll it out across the World...

You might want to try just the bar restaurant first with changing rooms and make-overs. I assuming you have the cash to open a bar/restaurant or you have experience and have done this before.

I'd be interested in going to a Crossdressing Bar. One problem might be that it would be seen as just another Gay Bar.

Kim

Party on dudes Go TGirlfriend!!!

Banned Read only
    The Blue Moon in Pittsburgh is a gay bar with a separate room that is CD haven Fri and Sat nites. Lots of girls congregate there. No food, just drinks and some entertainment. There are a couple other CD friendly bars in town, but I feel the safest at the Blue Moon. But CD only, can't happen! Not enough of us to support that to make it feasible, as per the comments on this thread. Q: The girls that frequent straight bars, do they pick up straight guys there?