Thread: breast forms

breast forms

do any of you girls wear pal breast forms? what style do you use? rain drop of tear drop? does a sze c fit the cups of your c cup bra?
    thanks
    sue ellan

Hi Sue yes I have a set of pals teardrops ,and love them ! wonderful for the price, nice weight to them , you have to watch the sizing , its tricky , the only thing I dont like is that there non attachable , so you have to wear a bra with them , other than that I lovem ,

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Hi Sue yes I have a set of pals teardrops ,and love them ! wonderful for the price, nice weight to them , you have to watch the sizing , its tricky , the only thing I dont like is that there non attachable , so you have to wear a bra with them , other than that I lovem ,
    Jackie,

Why are they non attachable? I have been thinking about getting some, but if I can't glue them on I'll probably give them a miss. What happens if you spray them with medical adhesive? Does it not stick or does it damage the forms in some way?

Ellisia
    Caught your hand inside the till,
    Slammed your fingers in the door.
    Fought with kitchen knives and skewers.....

The company does not have an adhisive that will stick to the forms ,and i belive they have tried everything , I have sprayed them and the glue just doesn't stick , it helped under a tight top ,It made them alittle tacky they will stay in place but a bra is the best. Im sorry Sue , I looked back and I bought the trangles ,size TRS3 and they fill out my 36c very nicely ,
    Iv'e never had silicone forms ,so I realy can't compare , but I'm very satified with them ,and the price was more to my liking , I dont have hundreds to spend on that kind of stuff , and if the wife found out that I did ,well lets just say that my undies would fit better !

pals

I also use Pals..I have the raindrop style in size d. I do enjoy them. They feel and appear very real, the weight is very natural and bounces quite well with my soft cup underwire bras. I will buy more if need be but they are very durable. I have had mine for over four years and wear them to bed several nites a week.

Silver Member

Pals

Dear Sue,

I have triangle PALS TRS3. I think this is a B size. I wear them in a size 40C bra because the larger cup size helps them bounce and sway more realistically. I think they are great. I don't know how you can beat them for the price. Well, shop eBay for some used forms, perhaps.

But PALS represents a real value. Weight is good. Shape is good. Nice little prutruding nipples that I love to play with (when no one is looking, of course).
    (shut UP, Stephenie)

Now, they do have some down sides. They are not as soft as a good silicone form. They are made from some sort of gel. So they do not feel quite "real" in that sense. And here is the biggey for me: they do not warm up to body temperature easily the way silicone will. So even after hours of wear, the nipple end of my PALS still feel cool to the touch even though the backs (where they are against my body) are quite warm. I often put them in the microwave for a minute or so before I put them on for just this reason. Now I don't try to attach them as the company says that it won't work. (others above also). This may be a problem for you, but I don't care as I enjoy wearing a bra. (whew, my wife would chew me out for saying that)

Do a search on this topic. I wrote a thread called "PALS, a users report" a while back.

Overall, I think they are hard to beat.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 09-14-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Silver Member
    Dear Sara,

The term "softcup" refers to a bra that does NOT have an underwire.

The two main catagories of bras are "softcup" and "underwire".

Perhaps you were refering to a bra without a molded cup when you said "softcup underwire bra".

I use both and I agree that an underwire bra without molded cups works well with my PALS. Some days, though, I just don't want that wire there.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 09-14-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Banned Read only
    I like to fill a 50 DDDDD bra with water ballons,until one of them explodes and soaks me to the bone

I have a pair of PALS teardrops size D. Nice weight and a very nice bounce in a softcup bra. It makes me want to go up and down the stairs a lot. They're a little too firm to feel real from the outside tho. The Ds fill out my 44Ds nicely while resting on my fat. Hugs, Kathy

I used to use the teardrop ones prior to hrt. I'm not sure what size they are but they're huge. They pretty much just sit in the box anymore. Part of the reason you can't use adhesive (or the co. hasn't found one) is that they're sort of hot molded in the production process. They're not encased in any kind of poly casing. I bought mine at the company's location in Riverside. They didn't have a size which I wanted to try so they made a pair for me to try. Another point about them not being encased is that you need to coat them with baby powder or cornstarch to absorb the oils within the product. You only need to do that occasionally however.

I am still new to this, but I have two pair of silicone forms that I have used Hollister Medical Adhesive with and they stay attached. I have only done it around the house as the public is not quite ready for me in a dress. I am still searching for silicone forms with a finely feathered edge (or I need to learn how to attach them) so it doesn'e look like I have something attached to my chest because the edges stick out.

I have slept in them while attached and the feeling of going bra-less is really nice! I have seen some forms on the web with what they call "reactive nipples" which are supposed to react to temperature. I have not found out if its B.S. or not but it sounds neat.

Bottom line..You can attach breast forms. The first night I had them, I shaved my chest and glued them on. I wore them for a while and then took a shower...bra-less. They didn't look "real" but it was still pretty neat.

Amiad

Thanks for the question. I'm considering the same thing and most of my questions have been answered here.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiad View Post
    I am still new to this, but I have two pair of silicone forms that I have used Hollister Medical Adhesive with and they stay attached.
    I picked up some Hollister today, along with some "universal remover" (they did not have the one specific to Hollister.) I have not had a chance to try the adhesive yet.

Smile breast forms

Hi Sue Ellen, I bought a pair of silicone forms(tear drop) from e-Bay (B cup), they are Ok but don't really fill out my bra(40B) very well. I discovered that these forms where a small B, oh well!!! I also discovered that these forms work well in a underwire bra. This size is ok for now but I am going to get a large C cup pair(also have to buy new bras) The silicone warms to your body temp and the nipple protrusion is acceptable. Hope this helps!!!!

BonnieAnne
    "to thine own self be true"

thanks for all the input girls to all of you.
    sue ellan

Quote Originally Posted by Amiad View Post
    I have used Hollister Medical Adhesive with and they stay attached.
    I'm trying the Hollister Adhesive out now; I put the forms on about 10 hours ago and haven't had any sign of slippage or loss of adhesion yet.

I followed the directions that came with it, and had no problems. I might perhaps have used more than I needed. Following the hints someone gave on another thread, I wore a snug bra for about 20 minutes to be give everything a chance to set in place.

So far, much better than the prosthetics adhesive I had from a local acting supply firm. And it isn't making a mess of everything, seeping out from under the forms and sticking to my tops like the other one always does! And showering with them was no problem.

Would anyone happen to know about how long the Hollister Adhesive is reliable for? That is, how long the forms would likely stay attached? I've seen references to "several days"?

Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    Would anyone happen to know about how long the Hollister Adhesive is reliable for? That is, how long the forms would likely stay attached?
    At about 21 hours, I noticed I was itching near the bottom of one side, enough so that I took the form off. The breast itself is fine, but there is a bit of a line, like a scratch line, along the bottom curve of the breast and also along the bottom edge of where the form was; it stopped itching after not long, but is still a bit irritated about 3 hours later. This might have been related to having slept on the forms.
    The other side is still okay at about 24 1/2 hours now, but I think I'm getting some gradual loosening around the edges.

I too was itching after a few hours but I kept them on. The longest I wore them was about a day and a half. But to my suprise I had a few water blisters here and there where my forms were. I poped them and got into the shower Holy crap! that burned! So now the longest I can wear them attached is about 4 to 6 hours with no ill effect.

At about 21 hours, I noticed I was itching near the bottom of one side, enough so that I took the form off. The breast itself is fine, but there is a bit of a line, like a scratch line, along the bottom curve of the breast and also along the bottom edge of where the form was; it stopped itching after not long, but is still a bit irritated about 3 hours later. This might have been related to having slept on the forms.
    The other side is still okay at about 24 1/2 hours now, but I think I'm getting some gradual loosening around the edges.

At about 21 hours, I noticed I was itching near the bottom of one side, enough so that I took the form off. [...]
    It's now about 37 1/2 hours on one side, and it is still about as well attached as 12 hours ago (though I was wearing a body suit that provided support most of the day.)
    I reattached the side that had gone itchy; no problems in the last 11 hours.

I suspect that the itchyness was possibly triggered by the form pulling away from my skin along a stress line caused by sleeping on the forms: the pulling away might have torn the skin slightly there.

I got a smudge of the Hollister adhesive on one of my hands this morning, and rinsed it promptly with water, but I noticed hours later that that spot is holding on to dirt. I cannot feel any adhesive there, but it must be there. It must not be readily water solulable when wet... guess that's what the remover is for!

This Hollister adhesive is sure a lot easier to use than the acting prosthetics glue I was using before!! Now if only it weren't so expensive...

It's now about 37 1/2 hours on one side, and it is still about as well attached as 12 hours ago
    By about 44 1/2 hours, it was starting to itch a little as the skin pulled away around the edges; it didn't take much force at all to pull away to about the halfway point. (e.g., a bit of natural giggle would have been enough for noticable loosening.)
    It turns out, though, that that inner half was still well attached. In pulling it the rest of the way off, I discovered a fair number of small hairs that I didn't know I had (and which I can't locate again now.)

Probably I could have gone about 2 full days before the form fell off, but it would have depended on the stresses I subjected it to.

I picked up some Hollister today, along with some "universal remover"
    This morning, I did need a bit of the remover to detach the side put on about 24 hours previous. The remover detached the form, but wasn't particularily suited for removing the residue from my skin.

Shortly thereafter, I made an accidental discovery: when I massaged some Tee Tree Oil into the residue covered area, then after a minute or so of effort, the residue turned into a thin gum and easily came off the skin. This did not, however, work quite as well with the side that had been allowed to dry for 4-ish hours.

Tee Tree Oil is a good natural disinfectant and promotes healing -- good for the microbursting in the area the forms were attached.

The experience suggests that it might be usable to detach the forms instead of using a solvant, but I do not know as yet whether the Tee Tree Oil would affect the form itself.

Tee Tree Oil is also one of the recommended treatments for classic nail fungus; the official pills for treating that tend to weaken the liver. The natural oil might be slower but much healthier!

Smile Sillacone

Mine are from Fredricks Of Hollywood and i use skin-tac from hollister co to go bra less 36 c simple adhesive just wipe on back of forms and chest area, and apply good to go. No adesive remover needed just shower soap and water, but this is a site i checked out. Previous post Breast real enough. good luck Nadeen