Thread: My wife found my clothes! Where should I store them?

My wife found my clothes! Where should I store them?

My wife is still in the process of coming to terms with then 'new' me and one of the things she was adamant about was me not having any of 'her' things in the house at all.

I had hoped that this restriction may have been relaxed a little so that I could be allowed some things which I would then be taking with me on the next business trip (she's said that I can do what I like while away).

Unfortunately my parents just dropped off a rucksack which I needed for the weekend and I had completely forgotten what the contents where - I thought it was one or two skirts and that my wife either wouldn't look or the consequences wouldn't be too dire.

However there was a little more in their including shoes, underwear (bra g-strings) and some rather embarassing choices in clothes, e.g. an almost insignificant skirt and some tops that really don't match anything. In other words not the selection of clothes that I would have wanted her to see as they aren't really representative of how I prefer to dress normally.

So I'm told it must all go. Nothing allowed in the house.

This isn't practical in the long term, so I have to ask what have other people done? Bear in mind that I want my wife to agree to any solution, I don't want to have to hide things under loose floorboards or anything.

We have a loft which is ideal but she is worried about what may happen when our son gets older, will he go up there and find stuff.

She even suggested a locked box up there with her holding the key; I suggested that she had to trust me more than that.
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Perhaps go with the locked box. I'd offer to give her a key, but not the only one.

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Trunk of your car or a storage building.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

buy a second house?

Have hearg a lot of gals use a storage favility.
    Susann_Gardener

Children (especially boys) tend to find everything (at least I did). A locked box would be very interesting and it'd be an adventure to find the key or another way in.
    So, if you are concerned about your son, either your wife gives you some space in her closet or I would keep the clothes in some storage building.
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-15-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Looks like you are making headway with your wife so go with the lock box with you and her having keys. It seems she is trying to work this all out so give her the room and who knows it may just all work out great.

Ask her if she can come up with some places where she would be comfortable for your clothes to be stored and then try to agree on one place between you.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by fionasboots View Post
    My wife is still in the process of coming to terms with then 'new' me and one of the things she was adamant about was me not having any of 'her' things in the house at all.

I had hoped that this restriction may have been relaxed a little so that I could be allowed some things which I would then be taking with me on the next business trip (she's said that I can do what I like while away).

Unfortunately my parents just dropped off a rucksack which I needed for the weekend and I had completely forgotten what the contents where - I thought it was one or two skirts and that my wife either wouldn't look or the consequences wouldn't be too dire.

However there was a little more in their including shoes, underwear (bra g-strings) and some rather embarassing choices in clothes, e.g. an almost insignificant skirt and some tops that really don't match anything. In other words not the selection of clothes that I would have wanted her to see as they aren't really representative of how I prefer to dress normally.

So I'm told it must all go. Nothing allowed in the house.

This isn't practical in the long term, so I have to ask what have other people done? Bear in mind that I want my wife to agree to any solution, I don't want to have to hide things under loose floorboards or anything.

We have a loft which is ideal but she is worried about what may happen when our son gets older, will he go up there and find stuff.

She even suggested a locked box up there with her holding the key; I suggested that she had to trust me more than that.
    The things, that need to be hung up I put in the closset in between her clothes and my drab clothes, the panties and bras are keep in my dresser which is not uncommon for a wife to use some of this space. I have grown out of the real sexy, ****y stuff just not interest in that any more and those were the clothes that my wife objected to the most. So what I have are thing that she would also ware so if my kids are at the house (they are both in there thirtys) and happen to look around in the closset, there is nothing out of the ordinary. The only problem is that my wife borrows some of my clothes which is no problem because the more she uses my clothes the more accepting she becomes. My daughter once borward some thing from my wife and they happened to be mine, I did not get them back either. I have even lost thing to my wife, which is a small price to pay. This took a few years to achev.
    Go slow and dont rush.

Before my wife found out I keep my clothes in a lock box in a storeage unit we had. The problem with that is the clothes allway smelled stale.

Anna

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra GG View Post
    Ask her if she can come up with some places where she would be comfortable for your clothes to be stored and then try to agree on one place between you.
    I agree. Let her part of the solution. That way, whatever the *two* of you agree to, she will feel satisfied with and be less likely to complain about.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

With what I've read of the history between you and your wife and your CDing, bolt the lock box tothe floor, and DO NOT give her a key! If not, you'll probably come home and find the whole kit and kabootle gone. Best of luck! Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

A CD I knew from a few years back kept all 'her' clothes, shoes etc. in 3 or 4 charity bags and just 'threw' them in the back of his van. As he was a building contractor the van was kinda off-limits to his wife and family. He was asked a couple of times by workmates what the bags were for, to which he replied that it was old clothes for the charity shop. No problem. Good as a short term solution I suppose, not so much long term.
    Holly.

I agree with Marla

Right on Marla!.....If she "accepts" your dressing and her only concern is your children. Then just put them in her closet. Children have no sense of style or what mommy would or would not wear. My ex had clothes in her closet from before the children were born that she would never wear now, so your clothes could easily be explained if asked about. It might even be a step in the right direction for the two of you if your clothes were kept together.

Amiad

Go with the box in the loft.

I detect that your wife is coming to terms with your need for an alternative wardrobe. If not she would be demanding your gear go forever.
    The loft is a good compromise and see if you can get around the "locked box" at least until your children are big enough to get into it without you knowing. A display hanger is ideal for lofts - I have two for my collection
    And if you have a spare bedroom see if you can get your day-to-day wear stored there.
    It will all work out if you keep trying - slowly, slowly.
    Love from Primrose

Hi think if there's kids involved, a locked box would be the best solution. It's not a matter of trust between the two of you, it's a matter that kids will be kids and you don't need them to find out. Lock it , this way you know it's safe and you can keep adding to it

Silver Member
    Byllie and Sandra have a really good idea. Try to involve your wife in the solution to this problem.

I used a locked trunk in our bedroom years ago. I found out years later that the kids had figured out how to get into it back then. They were disapointed to find out that all it held was just clothes. Kids get into anything, I think.

A storage locker might work. A suitcase in your car?

I am soooo glad to hear you are making progress. Slow but sure!

Lovies,
    Steph

Sorry but it sounds to me that your wife is just using your children as an excuse to stop you crossdressing by preventing you from having any reasonable access to your clothes. I think you need to point that out to her, that any excessive restrictions is just her trying to get you to stop, which is not going to work for you. Compromises have to be reasonable you know or else they are not compromises.