Thread: Any Purse Thooughts?

Any Purse Thooughts?

I'm going to be buying a new everyday purse. In the past I have had both long strap (over shoulder) and short handle variety. Anyone have any thoughts as to which would be best? And why? I see pros and cons to both styles.

Susan

For an everyday bag, I like ones that I can slip on my shoulder and hold next to my body with my upper arm, right under my shoulder/armpit.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I prefer one with a shoulder strap no particular reason just always used those sort.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Purses

I always use my favorite which has a long strap. Even so, the thing annoys me as I can never find anything in there, especially in the Ladies Room. Ericka Kay

I like purses with shoulder straps, I hate the ones with a handle. But it is a challenge to find a purse that I like and does not have a super long strap since I am a short gal. But when I find the right one it is wonderful.

I have tried both styles of purse and I personally like ones with a longer strap so that when I am out shopping or something I have both hands free to pick things up to look. Of course it also helps that I am a tall girl so purses with really long straps seem to hit me just right. I also go for the smaller styles simply because I have a habit of filling any purse that I carry and the smaller the purse is the less I am able to stuff into it. The one that I am carring now is more like a combination wallet/makeup case with one main pocket just big enough for my phone (a must), and my smokes (another must). With side pockets for makeup and cards.

I also carry a one strap backpack a lot when in drab which is about half the size of a normal backpack and can also be used for an overnight bag when needed.

It just all depends on what I am doing and how I am dressed. Though lately there isn't much difference since the only clothes that I wear now that are mens are my shirts and shoes.

Overall, I would have to say that the size depends on what you actually have to carry with you, but for me the long strap is a must simply because I find them easier to deal with and they seem to look better for taller girls. I think the shorter straps and the ones with handles seem to accentuate the fact that I am 6' and the longer strap seems to play down that fact just a little.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

I need a new one too, wore my favorite one out, broken zippers.... I'm going for a nice black leather jobby, with plenty of pockets for all my jewelry, makeup and camera!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My big purse

I usually need one with long straps (like I mentioned before) but big enough for all my stuff plus a couple of small bricks just in case some wise ass gets out of hand. Purely for "self defense" mind you. Rich

Bought two new ones at Kohl's today.....both real cute and both on clearence!!! I'll take a pic tommorow..

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna1561 View Post
    For an everyday bag, I like ones that I can slip on my shoulder and hold next to my body with my upper arm, right under my shoulder/armpit.

Jenna
    i agree, for security reasons.
    if you want it, all you have to do is reach for it.

I think practical seems to be the over riding preference. One with just enough room to hold what you need. It must be versitile - go anywhere. Sholder strap and hand holds is a plus.
    I've shopped around and there are a few I'm concidering. One was a brown leather small purse - classic; thrift store find $5 used. Too small I thought. Another one is at Walmart - very practical - versitile black with enough room and both kinds of straps. Bonus: wallet included and side pockets for cell phone or camera; $15 new

Bottom line: think practical and versitile. It's something you'll have with you everyday.
    There's more here than meets the eye.
    Much Love,
    Krisy

I was looking on a website that sells military surplus and they had a group of sholder bags that I was looking at. There was this one camo bag that would be just right, but I apparently forgot to bookmark the website, darn it!

I got a bunch of purses, mostly hand offs from the wife. I even got one with a holster built in...BJ

Bought these at Kohl's yesterday....on clerence!! $7 and $10 each!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-25-2007 at 07:55 AM.

.......My Photos

Excellent choices Karren. I like both of them.

Saks bags/purses are great! Black is a good color to go with hun.

Trisha
    Your only free when you have the freedom to be yourself!

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Now you know why girls never seem to have enough purses; a choice between "in the hand" or " over the shoulder" is just too limiting!!

Caroline

one big enought to hold a brick in it!!! you never know when you will have to whack some redneck type who is harassing you with it. One shot in the head will do the trick !!!