Thread: Why men's bra sizes are 'different'.

Why men's bra sizes are 'different'.

Anyone who's tried to measure themselves for a bra has seen the "Add 5 for band" and wound up with a bra which has just too large a band.
    When I wear forms, I don't usually attach them. However, I recently did, and found out WHY the band size differs.
    When a bra is put on and pulled around back, it makes both breasts pull towards opposite sides. They come back when the bra is snapped, but think of how many times you've seen a woman do that, then adjust her twins.
    However, when there are (non-attachable) breast forms, there is no pull; they just move on their own to fit any open area!
    So if you are using non-attachable breast forms, the proper way to measure for bra size is to measure and then add 1 if an odd number, 2 if even, to give a little breathing room. The cup size stays the same as normal.
    How did I find this out? I decided to attach a pair I don't normally attach, and my 'normal' bra suddenly didn't fit. And it all came together.
    Sorry if this is obvious, but I've never seen anyone write on this; I know that Glamour Boutique has different sizing for men/women, and part of it may be the body structure....but most of the difference is just the boobs are attached on a woman and not usually on a man.

Can't recall the on line retailer but they did sugest how to fit a male for a bra and it was just simply by band size and to chose cup size from there. I have had no problems since then and it's kinda fun to have B's one day and C's the next.

Well I know I never follow the rules....surprise!! Hehehe. But my chest is a 35.5 and I wear a 38 mostly with my forms and a 36 when I use inserts...

My wifes 42 hangs on me even on the the tightest hooks...btw..don't tell her I was trying them on!! Lol

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've been told to measure around under the girls, for the band size and then across the fullest part for the cup size. And that is being measured with a bra on....BJ

Is Karren A bad girl again
    Angie

Untitled

Oh what the heck

Do what I did, go to a store and get measured.

No problems, right size and helpful staff

Job done
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Gold Member
    I messured for mine so I have no idea.

Silver Member
    Sorry dear, I have not a clue what you are trying to explain. The standard measuring chart worked quite well for me. I did do a little experimenting with sizes before I settled on the correct one, but I am sure that's true for everyone.

Lovies,
    Steph

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I always wondered about the "add 5 thing". I measure as a 35 inch chest so I just figured I was a 36 inch bra size. Works for me! I prefer my bras to be a little on the fitted side anyway
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

About three years ago when I began to be interested in the idea of wearing a bra on a regular basis. I tried to figure out the "add 5" code". Finally gave up and ordered what the chart said. Didn't seem right, but wanted to believe "the chart". Ordered a 46A, (that's difficult to find). Had gotten a private mail box at the local postal center. The day it arrived I just couldn't wait to try it on. Got the chance later that evening. With trembling hands I opened the package to see my new treasure. Put it on and the thing hung on me like a burlap bag. Totaly wrong sizing, $43.75 with shipping down the drain.
    Disheartened I didn't do anything for a few months and finally said to myself "screw it" and went into a lingerie shop and got PROPERLY measured. Been loving it ever since.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

i just tried on my so and went one sizes bigger now she wears mine some times, even wears my blouses from time too time and i dont mind cinda like it

brandie
    love:

Bra size

Nobody has the "right" bra size, Hon, not even women. You just do the measurements and get the closest fit. Damn uncomfortable at times. No wonder women hate 'em and I'm trying to do without them as much as possible as well. Ericka Kay

Silver Member
    Well, let me tell you my experiences on this subject.

I did as many have. I tried on bras that I found. Cousins', mothers', wifes', etc. Most were too small but I didn't know any better.

As I became more experienced I bought and tried several different sizes and finally settled on a 36. (My underbreast measurment is 35") This seemed to be a little tight but anything larger just rode up and did little for my tiny titties.

Now I have a pair of PALS breast forms and they have made a tremendous difference. I wear a 40 easily. The weight of the PALS (which I never had before) keeps the bra down. I don't need the tightness of the bra to do this. The size 40 is just what the charts tell me I should be wearing. 35" plus 5" equals size 40. This size is so comfortable I can forget I am wearing a bra. The PALS can bounce and sway in a much more realistic manner. I love it!!!

Remember that bra experts say 50 to 75% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. It's really something you need to experiment with if you can't have a proper fitting with a profesional fitter. This is of course the best way to determine your bra size.

So use the charts just as a starting point. Don't obsess over the charts. The charts don't work at all for some people. Get a fitting if you can. Experiment with several different sizes if you can't get a fitting. Remember a bra should be comfortable. They are meant to be worn all day, everyday.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I dont know if I should feel bad or not, seeing that I can fill out a 40C.

I guess that is just the way God made me

Actually I read the "plus 5" rule is only for smaller sizes - i.e. less than 36. Above 36 you should only add 2 or 3 to your chest measurement. No idea why but it works for me. I am a 38 chest so a 40 bra fits me perfectly.

Banned Read only
    Men have larger frames so for our hight and chest size it is not the same proportions as a woman.
    I am 6'1" with a 38" chest. So I should wear a size 38 coat but I wear a 42. I am not proportioned correctly.

I can bearly get into a 38 bra, 42 with large forms.
    You realy need to be sized. With permission try on your SO's to get a gauge.
    Only my wifes larger ones will fit me. So I have a size.

By the way from what I have read most woman wear the wrong size bra.

I never sweat the small stuff. I bought what I thought would fit based on the charts and adjusted after my first purchase. My wife is much smaller than me so I couldn't use her as a model.
    Vivian