Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else 'Cut To The Chase'??

Anyone Else 'Cut To The Chase'??

After numerous shopping trips in the past as I re-eqipped my fem clothes,makeup,wig,shoes etc I found that I could no longer fib or hide the truth when purchasing or checking out fem attire.Besides a forceful salesgirl could try sway or highly recommend something that you really don't want and then you waste everyone's time here.

Now I brazenly go right up to the sales girl/woman and after they say' can I help you find something?",I say yes and then say' oh btw it's for ME ok?".

You should see some of the reactions they are worth taking a photo of,lol.

Anyone else brazen enough to blurt it out as I now do?,lol.

Hugs,
    Melanie,

Last edited by Melanie; 09-21-2006 at 12:26 AM.

I can't say that I've told a sales person BEFORE they actually say something. I have had them ask me "is this for someone special?" or "who is this for?", then I will tell them it is for myself. But if they don't ask first, then they don't need to know. And yes, the reaction after they find out can be quite priceless. But then there are others who just go with the flow. So each reaction is different.
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

Melanie, the crossdressing shopping martre.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Usually I think they don't know or just figure it out.

Last year when I was buying some knickers in M&S (the only shop to buy knickers in) the sales assistant kindly proffered the excuse 'For your girlfriend?' to which I replied 'No, for me'. My reward? The wickedest smile in Christendom.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I had the chance to say"its for me" the other day. but I died. next time I'll be more prepared.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Always

I always say it's for me, for all fem items. Most of the time I just get a polite "Oh" and a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Anyone else brazen enough to blurt it out as I now do?,lol.

I did that a Fredicks of Hollywood once and the Sale assistant was great and made me feel welcome.

Yes, I have done it many times Melanie. Actually, my best shopping experiences in drab have been when I was very up front about it all. Strange.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

When I get the "May I help you?" question my usual answer is: "I'm just looking right now, to see if something jumps out at me and says "Take me home". But I'll ask for you if I need any help. Your name is....?"

By this time, they kinda figure it out. If not I continue to shop as if I were looking for a fishing lure. I've learned to drop any embarrassment at the front door.
    No bad reaction yet.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Have done that several times now, usually around Halloween, but I have done it a couple of times besides near the upcoming holiday. I had one girl giggle when I told her, but she settled down and fell all over me trying to help.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I was at a Victoria Secret once, and the sale's girl was so sweet, and friendly, That when She asked what I was looking for, I said "a bra, and that I'm a crossdresser". She got a big kick of that, and started showing me all sorts of things !..LOL . Also, I was trying on womens shoes at a Payless shoe store, when an older sales lady walked up and asked if I was finding everything alright. I just said, "yes, and I bet you don't see many guy's trying on womens shoes" !! Her response was, " I'm not shocked, I came home once, and found my boyfriend putting on my make up" !! Her and I always have a lot to talk about, when I stop in there now , LOL !!.

I must say that telling the SA up front is the best way to be. Most of the time they are very helpful, and most become less aprehensive when dealing with who like that. Some even ask questions, which is a great time to explaine my self to them and to get the word out about my lifestyle.

As always Loves

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I usually don’t go out of my way to tell them but I have and have gotten a few giggles, and dropped mouths. The best was at Macy’s. I was shopping in drab and I had found on clearance 2 pair of $60 jeans for $8.99 a pair and a $36 top for $3.99. I took the to the cashier to check out when she said,” Wow what a great deal your wife or GF is very lucky to be getting these”, to which I replied, “ She better not touch them.” There was silence for a moment then she just gave out a little chuckle, and a “Have a nice day.” [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Back this past spring I had no choice but to come out and say it was for me. I was out looking for a formal gown and there was no way I was paying that kind of cash without trying on the dress. So my wife and I went in and set up an appointment and told them it was for me. The whole thing went well, and the gals there treated me good. I returned the compliment be calling the manager to let her know how happy I was.

As for everyday shopping, I still tend to play the " its for someone else" game. But I don't push it too much, and with the serious way I look at clothes...... I dont think I am fooling anybody.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

When shopping in drab, I always tell the SA beforehand that the clothing is for me. Have never had a problem. Generally, the answer from the SA is "that's cool". As has been said, this let's the SA relax and do her job. I have also been complimented by SA's for coming out to them. I've been told that they appreciate my courage to be myself and be honest. They, then, tell me a number of stories of guys shopping for themselves and the marvelous stories they make up to cover for it.

Be open, be honest. You won't die on the spot.

Jodi

I have told many a SA and checkout clerk that the things I was buying were for me...and they usually just smile.. But I don't blurt it out... They ask if its for my wife or a gift..

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Once when I was buying a pair of black pantyhose the salesgirl asked what I was going to wear them with? I told her a denim mini shirt,blouse and cowboy boots..And invited her to the bar when she got off work...

I do a great deal of my tg shopping out at malls,department stores,shopping centers and I started when I was 19.I'm 50 now.For years I would have all these feeble lies concocted for myself such as it's my "Aunt's Birthday","Present For My Sister","Xmas present For My Girlfreind" and I'm very sure that the salespeople always saw through my B.S. and that they must've thought to themselves "why the elaborate lies from this guy I don't even know anyway"After awhile I eventually had chances to shop at businesses that have a big tg clientel.There was no point in trying to cover up with apologetic cover stories.They would just ask me outright if I liked the color of a wig or lipstick or scarf.So over the years I've just decided that I buy what I want and I don't even explain if it's for me or not to the store employees.But if pressed I fess up and go ahead and tell them that it's for me.I've gotta say that I really think that with rare exceptions most businesses are tg freindly.Samantha

When shopping for shoes, out of town, the need to get a proper fit dictates that I be up front, and I am yet to experience a negative reaction. Mostly neutral, but some very positive.

I've never told them, but only once lied about it. I used the "Its for my girlfriend" excuse only once. That was only because she asked "Is it for your girlfriend" and I just agreed. She was still very helpful.

Although last time the woman clearly knew it was for me. I mean, she basically watched me, the only customer, browsing women's wear for like...an hour. Then when I went up to the cash she avoided eye contact mostly, then commented "This is a really nice skirt." I smiled and said thanks, and she said "Have a nice day"

I have the philosophy "Don't ask, don't tell"

I am up front and let them know I am shopping for myself. The SAs at the stores I usually shop in know me now and know what I have and like. That makes shopping a lot more fun and much easier. They treat me just like another woman.

This may sound silly but I am more comfortable and confident shopping when I let them know I am shopping for myself.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

I usually don't just blurt it out that it is for me but if asked I will be honest and say yes it's for me.

I have been shopping at one store for so long that all the girls know me and are very helpfull. Last noght I went in for a sale and one of the gals (the assistant manager) came over and told me that if I would be more comfortable she would let me shop after hours. "You could shop to your hearts content" was her statement to me.

I may just have to take her up on that as she is very cute and it would be a thrill trying things on with just her in the store with me.

Hugs Krystal
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

In the past, I used the usual excuses - "girlfriend", "special friend", etc. Now, I just ask for what I want and get it. If quizzed on size, I tell them if it fits me, its fine. That leaves it open to interpretation, it could be for me or for a person built like me. Don't incriminate myself nor do I reveal my crossdressing.

Just that I see no reason why an SA should know I am a crossdresser. If it doesn't fit, I can always exchange it.

Love,
    Sonia

Sejd
    Melanie, you got the right attitude for sure.
    LOL
    Sejd