Thread: just moved out

thea

just moved out

hi girls. just moved out and i'm really looking forward to dressing up more. . i'm gonna get myself a whole new wardrobe. anyway, i was wondering do most mail order shops deliver there items in plain packaging, if i'mout when they deliver i'd hate it if my new neighbours got the wronng idea . bye, and merry xmas everyone (better late than never)

Good luck being out on your own now, Thea.

Welcome to this Forum.

Most parcels that I get come in a fairly plain package.

I wouldn't worry about anyone getting ideas from markings on a package, though. If it was any of their business, and it's not, you can always say it was a gift you ordered online.

Or just come out to them and tell them you are a CD and they may see you come and go enfemme. Then you'll feel free to come and go as you please.
    DonnaT

The few mail order shops that I have done bussiness with have done up their packaging plain so I had nothing to worry about except when I had to pick it up at the post office but I got out of there before anyone noticed. There were a couple that didn't but luckly no one noticed or atleast they didn't say anything.

Hugs and Kisses
    Love
    Dinah

So bring us up to snuff. What exactly is being out on your own?

Everything I've ever ordered from a mail house came in a package that had their logo or return address attached. It didn't say "women's clothes inside"

By wrong idea, do you really mean right idea?

thea
    one step at a time i think donna t, coming out as a cd. some of my friends (who don't know i'm a cd) helped with the last of my stuff today, little did they know what i was wearing beneath my "male" clothes

Kerri

The gift idea ... is a great one! :)

Hi Thea,
    If you live on a rural route you might try what I did? I replaced our mailbox out on the road, with one of those large rural mailboxes, (looks the same, just bigger). Since then, our mail-lady doesn't have to drive up our 1/2 mile long driveway nearly as much, ... for she's now able to put alot of packages right in the new larger mailbox, (of course, if you live in an apartment ... then never mind all that).
    I'd say don't sweat-it! Most package's do come in plain wrap or boxes. Fortunately, I've never been concerned so far, since my wife wears very sexy cloths, and orders lingerie from Victoria Secret and other websites somewhat regularly.
    So my mail lady just smiles and says hello ... as she hands me, (I work from my home office), the new sexy lingerie I've recently ordered! If she only knew!
    The hard part for me is doing the (approx. 20 seconds) of bra, wig, and jewelry stripping, (from when I can first see her coming up our driveway road, until she pulls up by our porch), ... as I almost tear my bra off, (you know how you can never seem to un-hook the bras when your in a emergency hurry?), ... and throw on some golf shorts & polo shirt before I walk out on the porch to greet her with a "HI JUDY - HOW ARE YOU TODAY?"
    I've always wanted to walk out in my wig, makeup, lingerie & 5" heels, (I usually don't do make-up during the weekday work hours, for this very reason), ... but even though she's a sweet and super nice mail-lady ... she knows EVERYBODY up and down the river valley road I live on, not to mention everyone in the little town I live by!!! eeeek!
    Maybe someday ... if only I could ... I'd love to.
    Last edited by Kerri; 12-28-2004 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling & punctuation

Julie
    Most companies offer a discreet postal service and normally say so in their advertising but Erica's idea will prevent any slip ups.

JJ

thea,
    all packages have company names on the return address. so the mailman knows, the mail sorter knows, etc. the question is, do they realy care! most people (mailman, neighbors, etc.) have there own lives to live, and don't give a rats ass what you are or what you wear.
    take advantage of the new location and be yourself! i have found out that most will judge you for whats in your heart, not what you wear when you go out to the mail box.

hugs,
    kimm

Thumbs up

Hi and Welcome to the group. I have dealt with Newport News, Victorias Secret and they have pretty much plain wrapping with only a small name on the return address.

Fredericks of Hollywood is completely different. the last package I ordered was a few years ago, and they had their name pasted on the package so large you could read it a mile away!!!

Misty

Lightbulb On your own?

As long as we are here you are not alone. As far as mail order, I can only say that what is in your mail is your business. And as far as going to get your mail, get dressed and go for it. Being in a new place where no one knows you, how do they know it's you or your gf who comes over now and then. Just think you all dolled up and the neighbors can't even tell.
    Well, that's my .02 worth. Hugs and kisses Noel

I too agree with Erica. If you're self conscious about packaging, just rent a postal box. I believe they're pretty reasonable.
    As far as I'm concerned, I figure that since I don't give a thought about what my neighbors receive, neither do they care about what I get.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

ebay

Everything I've gotten from Ebay they've always shipped in plain packageing.
    I do usually request them to do so.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Hi Thea, and welcome. Some companies will not mail to a PO Box. I just had that problem with a wig. But for the most part, many do deliver to a PO Box. Most of my stuff, I buy at the store.

Ciao!
    Marisa
    My fem clock is ticking!

thea
    thanx for the replys girls, i don't think i'll get a p.o box. if i get a delivery i'll surprise the mail man/woman and greet them at my door dolled up.