Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went to a local group meeting last night

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar

I went to a local group meeting last night

Well, I finally went to a local CDers group last night. It was a good time. That was the first time I had met anybody in person before. I love this forum, but it cannot compete with face-to-face meeting somebody for a connection. The women that went to the meeting were all nice people and interesting. We went out to a restaurant afterwords and had a nice time. That was my first time out dining enfemme and was pretty much the most time I had spent outside the house enfemme.

If anybody is local to my area and is interested in joining, PM me.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Well, I finally went to a local CDers group last night. It was a good time. That was the first time I had met anybody in person before. I love this forum, but it cannot compete with face-to-face meeting somebody for a connection. The women that went to the meeting were all nice people and interesting. We went out to a restaurant afterwords and had a nice time. That was my first time out dining enfemme and was pretty much the most time I had spent outside the house enfemme.

Congrats, Katrina! Glad you had an enjoyable time. It's nice to be in the company of like-minded people, regardless of what you have in common. Hope you get to enjoy many more outings such as this.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations! Although I spend the better part of my life hidden in the closet it is sure fun on those occasions when I do get out.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hi Katrina,

I know the feeling last year when I first went to a CD meeting in NJ. Just to get out of the closet (house) to express my femininity was so exhilarating!

I hope you have many more happy outings.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Awesome news Katrina! My wife and I always try attend to our local Tri-Ess socials at a local TG friendly resturant every month. We don't really go to support the Tri-Ess organization as such, but more for meeting up and socializing with like minded people. I know exactly what you mean about "meeing face-to-face with somebody for a connection". If you're interested, Marla just blogged about our last Tri-Ess social with several pictures:

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-4wJUr...Q--?cq=1&p=331

Have fun!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Good for you and I could not agree more with you - it's a great feeling! Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

face to face

Katrina, this is a wonderful place, but as you say it can not compete with meeting other girls face to face! Pretty soon you will want to do every thing enfem! I so enjoy going to TG North for socail night and to parties. May you have many more wonderful experiences out!

Eileen

Wish there was a group around here.
    Congrats!

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar

Great to hear

Hi Katrina,
    I'm happy that you were able to find a group of like-minded girls in your area. Was this a cd only outing or were SO's involved as well?
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

Welcome to the outside

Congrats on your night out. May you have many more enjoyable evenings.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

I am sorry, but I don't live even close to you, however, I don't think that there is a support group even near me. But I really do wish that there was, as I would take the time to go, and really enjoy myself.
    I am happy for you that you were able to go, and keep it up as I am sure that you will always have a great time.

As always Loves

Angel,

I just loved reading the story of how you and Marla met and married. Like my Peggy Marla is a rare jewel. We hope to meet both of you one of these days when we are in Northern California. We are looking forward to meeting the Tri-Ess chapter leader, Briana and Renee together with some of the other Northern California gals on our upcoming cruise out of LA. We have not met Briana and Renee previously but have had many past great expereinces with Heidi and the other gals and their wives.

Hugs,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

congratuletions that is one place I would love to go may be one day
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

That's fantastic Katrina! I bet the other members enjoyed meeting you as much as you enjoyed meeting them. I hope that you will continue to go, because I find that it gets more and more enjoyable the more comfortable and familiar you become with your new friends.

Love Marla xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

I didn't know there were any groups in the area... Unfortunately it's not an option for me since my SO is adamantly against me dressing. But that doesn't stop me from dreaming about going out en femme.

congratulations

I have access to a group in the Minneapolis area, and have had access for quite some time, but have never been ready to take that first step. I need to, I just can't. Perhaps soe day. Congratulations to you.

Feel free, one and all, to IM me via yahoo at cdmichellempls.
    Last edited by cd_michelle_mpls; 09-25-2006 at 12:20 AM. Reason: adding YIM name.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Congrats on two big steps! Meeting folks face-to-face is definitely nice as is a chance to do "everyday" activities.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Congrads, it is great to hear these stories. I think it helps make one a little less scared to do it for the first time.

I have met others sparenly while out enfem, and have not meet any other sister face-to-face. I have talked to other sisters on the phone. In Nov will be the Tri-Ess "Holdiay Enfem". I am getting more excited looking forward to the event. It will be MY first time face-to-face with other sisters. I have two or three other sisters that said they will look me up and I can roam around with them. LOL

Good for you Katrina,

I hope that someday I will make that jump, Not sure how badly I want to yet, but the feeling comes up every once in a while....

Once again, good for you.

Kisses
    Gabby

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Thanks everybody. I did have a good time. SOs are welcome to attend but none came that night. Its funny, I was more nervous about meeting new people (strangers) than I was going as a girl. It was surreal.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

awsome i just had my first time out as well

very proud of you just had my first timr "out" as dawn and it was scary but very exciting also. Hope you can continue to be happy .

sounds great.... glad you got out.... and your pic looks great

And......it will get better and better, with each encounter that you have in the future. At least that's the way it has been for me. Sometimes it seems like everything is rushing along too fast, then I remind myself that this is exactly what Joanie wanted, and just have fun! hope it's that way for you too.

Do not miss the "going out safari's", after The Regular Meeting. Tag along with some of The Other Gurl's and have yourself a ball. Very scary at first but when there are a number of you, makes for a lot of bravery and fun! You will have some incredible adventures!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Glad you enjoyed it, Katrina. Hopefully the group can be a source of support

Banned Read only
    Real life, real time, really being there support is so important. Glad to see you take that step, it will have a very good impact on your life. First of all, all the people there are real, and the issues they deal with are real. Good for you.