Thread: Advice about Halloween and GGs?

Lightbulb Advice about Halloween and GGs?

Hi all!

I know it's not October yet and I shouldn't really be thinking about Halloween, but I can't help it. And here's why!

The town I live in has a huge Halloween bash and I have seen much stranger things than a "guy as a girl." I normally go all out and spend about $50-100 bucks a year on putting together a home-made costume, but this year there are two differences...

1. I have limited money to spend (under $50)
    2. I have multiple roomates who are all female (a couple that are prob my size )

How do I go about possibly dressing cheaply for Halloween?

I don't want to just say "Hey I want to do this and need some help!" And then magiclly show them my wardrobe, I want to have them suggest it... Then it will take the "idea" off my shoulders. They would be willing to help and plus I think they would think it was funny. I could get some new clothes or at least learn about makeup and such

Have any suggestions? Previous experiences? Ideas? (like what is an acceptable/funny take on this situation)

Hope to hear from you all!

Love,

Ems

Second hand stores (Value Village etc..) has great stuff. If you feel unconfortable going in the change room with dresses and all, trow in a few guys clothes in the basket, no one will know the difference. As for payng for it, it's Hallowween time, everything goes. No better time of year to do it!! Have fun and buy extra .

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    ok, see what you think
    Takie some of your "not so matching,not so good looking" clothes out of the closet and put it into a plasic bag. Go to your roommates (all females...paridise!) and tell them that a co-worker, friend (or somebody else they cant access easily), bet you that you would not do it for halloween. Present the clothes as being bought from a thrift store, telling them you had another women purchase them for you because you didnt have the guts to do it yourself. In therory they should say somethink like "Oh my God, if you are going to do this, you going to do it right! While they are getting you dressed, little things like complaining about the shoes, bra, make-up will make it appear that you have never done this before. Make sure pictures are taken to "prove" the bet

Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Emily Raleigh View Post
    Hi all!

I know it's not October yet and I shouldn't really be thinking about Halloween, but I can't help it. And here's why!

The town I live in has a huge Halloween bash and I have seen much stranger things than a "guy as a girl." I normally go all out and spend about $50-100 bucks a year on putting together a home-made costume, but this year there are two differences...

2. I have multiple roomates who are all female (a couple that are prob my size )

I don't want to just say "Hey I want to do this and need some help!" And then magiclly show them my wardrobe, I want to have them suggest it... Then it will take the "idea" off my shoulders. They would be willing to help and plus I think they would think it was funny. I could get some new clothes or at least learn about makeup and such

Have any suggestions? Previous experiences? Ideas? (like what is an acceptable/funny take on this situation)

Hope to hear from you all!

Love,

Ems
    Plant some seed with your roommates that you want some suggestions on what to go as, for Halloween and hope that they want to dress you up.
    You might say one of my friend said I should go as a girl what do you think.
    If you want it you have to go for it.

Good luck and let us know,

Anna

Truth or dare

Here is one that has worked for me in the past.

1) Go to any number of halloween on-line stores and get pictures of costumes you prefer. Also get the same number of costumes that are hum-drum ( ie: cowboys, monsters, construction workers, etc.) Cut and paste the pictures to a single piece of paper and put a number to each. Make a copy of it so it looks like it was produced in a large quantity. Put the copy in an envelope and seal. On the outside of the envelope in red ink put the number of the costume you desire. Now, when you get home, you explain that a group of you (unknown to them) are part of a "truth or dare" night. Everyone was handed a sealed envelope and then had to pick a number out of a hat (this number was then written on the outside of the envelope). Nobody will know what the other is until the pictures are shown. Everyone just have to prove the dressed by taking a picture of you in the costume in front of a predetermined building or house. They will have a great time helping you find your costume. (Or loan you thiers!)

Have fun!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Here is one that has worked for me in the past.

1) Go to any number of halloween on-line stores and get pictures of costumes you prefer. Also get the same number of costumes that are hum-drum ( ie: cowboys, monsters, construction workers, etc.) Cut and paste the pictures to a single piece of paper and put a number to each. Make a copy of it so it looks like it was produced in a large quantity. Put the copy in an envelope and seal. On the outside of the envelope in red ink put the number of the costume you desire. Now, when you get home, you explain that a group of you (unknown to them) are part of a "truth or dare" night. Everyone was handed a sealed envelope and then had to pick a number out of a hat (this number was then written on the outside of the envelope). Nobody will know what the other is until the pictures are shown. Everyone just have to prove the dressed by taking a picture of you in the costume in front of a predetermined building or house. They will have a great time helping you find your costume. (Or loan you thiers!)

Have fun!!!!

Thanks all!!!!

Some great advice... I think I may try a bit of the last three all together!

And wifeofsissy GG:

Oh I know anything goes at Halloween! It's a great shopping time!:cheeky:

Any one else have any ideas?
    Last edited by Sweet Emily Raleigh; 09-27-2006 at 05:11 PM.

do what i did. i start talking about doing something out of my range last year. something that would suprise everyone. Something differant. then i started suggesting going as a pair with someone else. batman/robin, ada/eve, pimp/hoe. And boom she suggested we switch. i said it was a great idea but only under one condition. i wanted to go all the way. she said ok and i had a great time including a few practice sessions.

I dressed as a fortune teller last year and it was great fun. I managed to find a full outfit at goodwill although the bra came from Target and the shoes from Payless (love that store!).
    The party was for kids and they enjoyed having me read Tarot cards for them...yes I know how although Natasha only tells good fortunes.
    Afterwards we went to our favorite bar and I did readings for the guests, most of whom I knew.
    This year I've been invited back for the bar's Halloween party on Halloween night. I've amassed a great outfit from eBay. I have a Hot Topics goth dress, 4 inch heels and all undergarments. Also great jewelry. My hair is long so I'm going to a friend beauty shop and she will transform me with "big hair" from the 80s. I'll have my nails done before I go and she'll do my make up.
    I can't wait. I'm 61 years old and I've wanted to do this all my life.
    What a lucky gal! woo hoo
    Last edited by NatashaWI; 09-28-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Halloween

I just posted my response but didn't have my picture in my profile. Hope it shows up for you this time. If not, will one of you give me advice on how to attach it?

"If I were to decide to dress as a girl for Halloween, would you help me with my costume?" Just be openly nervous about it. Express your doubts and inhibitions. Don't be too opinionated or knowledgeable. They may have another opinion about what you should wear. Trampy, silly, etc. I first asked a girl to help me with a Halloween costume at a discount clothing store. She worked there. She recommended super big boobs and a really tacky old woman evening gown. She didn't seem to suspicious when I told her I wanted to look good/normal. She was very helpful and we had fun with it. I don't think she figured me out (even though I was wearing pantyhose when I came out in the outfits she had me try on.)

Most women would have fun dressing you up. If you want to do it again, it will make them awkward, and suspicious. I read about a guy who asked his neighbors to help him on friday night and on saturday. They behaved quite differently on Saturday than they did on Friday.

Make sure you are well tucked before you begin. You don't want to look obviously excited.

Silver Member
    [QUOTE=Sweet Emily Raleigh;575775]Hi all!

Dear Sweet Emily,

I think that the above idea is absolutely the best!

Really, dear! Just come out and say it! "Hey, I want to do this and I need some help!"

These are your roomates? Then they know you already. They aren't going to think any less of you. Trying to "hint around" always gets you into trouble, especially if no one gets the hint, and there you are at Hallowe'en with no costume. You are right, they will think it's great fun and you will all have a blast.

You don't have to "magically" show them your wardrobe. Be selective and tell them you have gotten a few things already at the thrift store or mall, but you need their help. Believe me dear, you will have a great time and your roomies will still love you in the morning. Remember, anything goes at Hallowe'en.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I have gone the last 3 years as a ho/****ty girl or french maid. I want to go again this year as a school girl, ive already bought my outfit and heels. The problem: my g/f knows I dress but not around her so how do I get her to be ok with me dressing for halloween?

The idea of getting them to bring it up is best, or maybe try sugeesting the pair idea and then switching roles, another idea is that you and your roomates go as a group, i.e., playboy bunnies, the pussycat dolls, sexy schoolgirls, ****ty girls, etc. and of course you have to be a part of that group.

Also, get them to buy several outfits/sizes (use credit card and return before the bill is due) that you have to try out to get your size right, its fun and helps sell the idea that you dont know what you are doing.

Good luck,
    Amber