Thread: pencil skirts???

pencil skirts???

im looking for a long skirt like the ones worn in the 60's. I think its called a pencil skirt but can anyone tell me where i can buy this items. i was looking to go out for halloween in "retro fashion".

Banned Read only
    If I had a waist I would get a hundred! LOL LOL

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Pencil skirts ? Lovely lovely things, providing you can carry yourself on stilettos.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

i would have to fake it with some pumps!!

try e-bay
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Ah Jasmine, just been ther for curiosity. Went through three pages before I came up to a proper looking one and it in on River Island's site.
    Thank you
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Pencil skirts are in again this year. You shouldn't have trouble finding one at the mall.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Pencil skirts are everywhere try newportnews.com they have some on sale now. Getting one or two myself.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

How about dresses with pencil skirts and peplums? Those were my 50s favorites.

Karen Sue

Quote Originally Posted by corsetman View Post
    im looking for a long skirt like the ones worn in the 60's. I think its called a pencil skirt but can anyone tell me where i can buy this items. i was looking to go out for halloween in "retro fashion".
    If yu can't find what you want, buy a basic straight skirt and have it altered. Put it on and then pin it to fit the way you want and bring it to a drycleaner and they will alter it for you. I've done it a few times and it's great.
    Lauren

Depends on how much you want to spend, you can part with alot at Cache, see their website cache.com or come out better at Lane Bryant, pencil skirst are found on both. Think Target and Kohl's carry some as well at much better prices.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Pencil skirts are in right now and can be found in most all store. Get out there and shop.

Jodi

A little on the fetish side but try

http://hobbleskirt.com/Home.aspx

another question? pencil skirts?

i was looking for something retro from the 50's. something sexy and long? Got answers? thanks

Along with the gypsy style skirts, I just love pencil skirts too, Knee length ones look lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by corsetman View Post
    i was looking for something retro from the 50's. something sexy and long? Got answers? thanks
    Try here:
    http://pinupgirlclothing.com/
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

The eBay idea is perfect - I found a gorgeous dress and heels plus tons of accessories there. It is fun to shop and if you are patient you can get great bargains. I was able to buy a beautiful full slip - brand new - for $8.00!
    Good luck and happy shopping.

along with pencil scirts pencil dresses look great.
    ps try ebay or retro shops if high st shops fail

Its a bit pricey, but try fredericks.com

Pencils at Nordstroms

You can find some very lovely pencil skirts at Nordstroms. Honestly, they aren't THAT difficult to wear once you get used to them and really are much warmer in the winter than skirts that are fuller cut.
    Nordsroms carries a quality line, so be prepared to pay a bit more
    Penny

skirts

Try Macy's and Penneys. Love the look of pencil skirts!!!!!!

LisaK took the words right out of my mouth.
    Doing a google search for 'pencil skirt retro' gets you to http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/pencilskirt.html
    and many more.

Beware, you must have the figure to pull on a true pencil. Since the 50's the fashion police have relaxed the definition of the pencil skirt to shorter, straighter look today; usually at or slightly above the knee. You'll know you've found a true pencil when you can barely walk it's so tight. You'll be forced to put one foot in front of the other. You'll also probably get that slight 'swish' sound of your hose rubbing the fabric.

PS
    I'm so jealous if you can pull it off. That is totally my style but I don't have the figure for it.
    There's more here than meets the eye.
    Much Love,
    Krisy

Banned Read only
    do you think acme blimp makes pencil skirts,that would be the only brand I could wear

Hmmmm....would have to drop another 20 pounds to pull off wearing one of those! But I luv da look

Pencil skirts, in my late late 20,s to mid 40's I wore them and in a higher heel i felt soooooooo good. If you have the waist then go for it and if not then behind closed doors I relive those days .......