Thread: about shaving...

about shaving...

every time i shave my legs, they itch uncontrolably and when i'm asleep i wake myself up scratching, making a bunch of soars all up and down my shins...any way to prevent this when shaving?

Have you tried using a body lotion, sounds like it could be dry skin from shaving.

Dear Volca,
    Try using a good quality hand/face/body cream to all shaved areas after you have dried yourself; use it liberally. Try using a plush towel to dry with as this will prevent further irritation. Shaving can really dry out the skin and this could be the cause of the itchiness.
    Hugs to you,
    Samantha

hmm...i have some moistierizing (sorry for spelling) and healing lotion i use for my tattoos...think that might work?

Actually, that should work very well.

ok, i'll try that in the morning when i shower and shave. i'll update how it goes afterwards...until then, thanks for the suggestions

just shaved legs and put on the lotion, it feels much better, thanks. we'll see how i fair tonight...hope i dont have the same problem with waking up scratching

Hi Volca,

Hope you're doing ok. Sorry to hear about the shaving rash. Have a look at the current thread Shaving Problems. In that thread there is also a link to my article on dry body shaving, which could eliminate your problem.

Some shaving irritation is produced by skin bacteria. Antibacterial products can help with this. I like to use dilute Tea Tree Oil.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Nair

Use Nair or Neet. No problems and make your legs very smooth

i would use nair or something like that, but man it stinks

Exfoliate... shave... moisturise.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

this has been happening to me recentaly too but i thin it may be because my skin is really sensitive to humidity, when the humidity goes up i begin to itch, so i think i'll be going back to the Veet Bladeless Shaving as i seemed to not break out much when i used it before, unless i put on boys jeans directly after shaving, really bad idea as the denim really itches on freshly shaved legs...

well i was going to say use nivea out if the shower but you ladies haven given me some advice thanx a lot

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Forget the soaps and foams, cover with a good body moisturiser/lotion and shave.
    Repeat with the Lotion. I do it every day on my face, body weekly. Legs less frequently.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Neet

Quote Originally Posted by Volca View Post
    ok, i'll try that in the morning when i shower and shave. i'll update how it goes afterwards...until then, thanks for the suggestions
    Neet works great and does not have any odor. I use either one, after just take a nice long shower. Dry and use some lotion.

hair conditioner

I use that and never had any problems.The first few times you will itch.
    Happy to be out to my loving wife.

I found the best for me was to buy one of tose machiens that yank the hair out at teh root. Hurts like heck the first few times but gets much easier over time. I only have to use it every other week now. Somethimes I shave as touch ups in between but the hair comes in less often. Caution: it does hurt the first few times. Might take about 90 mins too the first few times as well so plan ahead. I get done now in about 40 mins tops. The resuls last much longer