Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockings and Sandals

It is what it is

Stockings and Sandals

Hello everyone, hope all is well!

I finally got up the nerve to go to Target and Walmart tonight, and I actually purchased something! Some satin stretch panties and some sheer black, back seam thigh-high stockings for my Halloween outfit. They need a garter belt, which should be here any day now

So I got home and in a flash I was in my new buys! Then I put on the heels I am going to be wearing for Halloween, and I noticed that my feet slid around in the shoes because of the stockings. Is there any way to stop this? I already have them buckled pretty tight, but it still happens I love feeling vulnerable and all, but I don't want to break my ankles!

Any solutions, ladies?

nice problem to have. All my shoes barely fit (size 13).

It is funny that you mentioned Walmart and Target. I went to both places. I wanted a pair of leather pumps in Target but they don't have size 11 in stock. I got a couple bottles of nail polishes at Walmart.

It is what it is
    I ALMOST sprung for a pair of patent wedge sandals at Target, but I am not sure I can fit a size 11 womens I wear a size 11.5 mens, so 11 is not really an option, but being that they are sandals, I may have to go back and try them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Callie Ente View Post
    I ALMOST sprung for a pair of patent wedge sandals at Target, but I am not sure I can fit a size 11 womens I wear a size 11.5 mens, so 11 is not really an option, but being that they are sandals, I may have to go back and try them out!
    I like sandals, partly because they are more size tolerant than shoes. My wife has a pair of nice blue ones that look and feel OK on me, even though my feet are much bigger. They are actually unisex sandals and I tried to get a similar pair for myself but had no luck with the color. The blue were sold out and I settled for a grey pair that are nowhere near so cute.

I think there are some kind of pads you can put on the bottom of the shoe to keep from sliding around. Maybe Dr Scholl's?
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Yes, there are several brands of insoles and pads designed for womens shoes. Check out your local drugstore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A popular brand of toe area pads are "Footpetals". They give cushion and keep the foot from sliding forward.

Jodi

I love sandals and stockings!!! I do not know what to do about your feet slipping around in them with stockings. I just deal with it.
    Its so funny that you all were talking about target, I just got my black patent mary janes from target today. I wore them with a skirt and they look so cute. But there is nothing like wearing a pair of sexy sandals bare with a skirt though!!!!!!!!

my so works at target. so I get a discount. got to love Target

Banned Read only
    if I wear sandals and knee highs or panty hose I have to buy them 1/2 size smaller so my feet wont slide aroundgood way to break them in if they're leather

To answer your question about your feet sliding around in your sandals; try using adhesive tape, the cloth backing is not as slippery as the regular insole.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Your shoes are too big!

Vikki

Real GGs don't wear stocking with sandles that a fashion nono
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    Real GG's don't seem to wear stockings at all anymore.

And there is nothing wrong with a black or dark blue or purple cocktail dress with some off black hose and black strappy heels. No matter what the Fashion Police say.
    Last edited by AprilMae; 10-02-2006 at 07:48 PM.

April your right they do look great with a dark cocktail dress a little sexy really
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

April your right they do look great with a dark cocktail dress a little sexy really

Awww don't be sorry. just put on some sandals and stockings.

It is what it is
    I found that out yesterday after reading some more on here! So I am happily searching for some new Babydoll High heel pumps What a great excuse to get more shoes, right?! These are what I am looking at:

http://pierresilber.com/babhigheel.html

Stupid question, but would these slip off my feet when I if I am wearing the stockings? And, if I am barely a size 12 in mens (more like 11.5), should I buy these in 13?

How about strappy heels?

If you are worried about them slipping off your feet, why not get the 4 inch ones that have the strap on them? They look almost the same
    http://pierresilber.com/highheels2.html
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

I have a similar problem. Heel slip. I looked around the net for some shoe pads and found a ton of 'junk' like 'toe pedals' ??? Anyway, I was in WalMart (my nemisis) and saw some Dr. Sholls Heel Liners for a pretty good price so I got them. They help if all you're doing is slipping out the back. I might try putting them in the toes too to see if that stop forward slip. You'll find them in the pharmacy section in foot care - not the shoe section.

http://www.drscholls.com/product.aspx?prodid=32
    Last edited by krisybryant; 10-03-2006 at 04:14 PM.
    There's more here than meets the eye.
    Much Love,
    Krisy

It is what it is
    Good find sister! I have a day or 2 to decide, so we shall see!

For anyone that wears pumps, do you find that your feet come out when you walk? Would I need the straps?

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonCD View Post
    If you are worried about them slipping off your feet, why not get the 4 inch ones that have the strap on them? They look almost the same
    http://pierresilber.com/highheels2.html
    Go to Payless for those, Fioni usually has a good selection of the strappy sandals. I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart and Target. They have nice selection in shoes, accessories(spelling terrible) and clothing. Great prices I might add

We don't have Walmart in England. It sounds like we're missing out! xx

Depends on what type of dresser you are. Walmart is good for your basic type girly clothes, really not the exotic type. Cheap as well, as Walmart is a huge discount type store. Similar to K-Mart, only on a much larger scale.

I can't see how you can use any type of pads on sandals without them showing. A smaller shoe size is my only suggestion.

Bonnie