Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feet slip out of pumps when walking??

It is what it is

Feet slip out of pumps when walking??

This is a silly question, but if you are wearing pumps with no straps, do the heels of your feet slip out the backs sometimes, or do your toes hold the shoe on your foot? I ask because I have never worn a proper pump, and seeing as how there are no straps over the top of your feet, they could slip out Especially with stockings on

Can anyone help me become smarter? haah

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Do you mean mules? I have several pairs and they do not come flying off unless you specifically fling them. I guess that my toes adjust slightly to keep them on.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    I've had this happen a few times. The worst is when you heel comes out and then as you take the next step it lands off center, crushing the side of the shoe and twisting your ankle. I have found that getting the proper length is the key. A pump will feel tight on the heel when first put on but after wearing it a while the front stretches out, your foot slides down, and the heel cup becomes looser. If you start out even a half size to large then after a while your heel may slip out with just about every step. I've also had to get used to not standing and walking on my toes while wearing pumps, gotta keep the heel in the shoe at all times (except when going up stairs).

I have a pair of red heels that I bought in Wide instead of Medium and those are the only shoes I have a problem walking out of. I've stuffed tissues into the toe to force my heel back tighter in the shoe.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

It is what it is
    So if I wear a size 11.5 in mens, what size pump should I get to be fitted correctly and avoid it slipping? I am thinking 13 should be about right then?

Katrina - I believe Callie means pumps, e.g., http://www.nextag.com/pump-shoe/search-html and not mules, e.g., http://www.nextag.com/mule-shoe/search-html

Pumps are more like the standard men's loafer, e.g., http://www.nextag.com/loafer-shoe/search-html

If your heel does not fit snugly into the concave part at the back of the shoe (pumps or loafers), when you lift your leg your heel slips out, and when you step down, the heal may crush the back of the shoe.

With mules, the heel comes up (away from the sole), but there is no back to the shoe to crush when the heel comes back down.

In the typical mens' lace-up shoe or women's strapped shoe, the laces/strap(s) can be tightened to keep the heel snugly in the concave part at the back of the shoe.

Callie -- I had it happen the last time I was out. My left shoe felt like it was falling off. I compensated by taking smaller steps. And later stuffed tissue in the toe. As for sizes, the rule of thumb is about 1 1/2 sizes larger than your male size. However, I wear a men's 9 1/2 and a women's 9 1/2 or 10 depending on the style.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Callie Ente View Post
    So if I wear a size 11.5 in mens, what size pump should I get to be fitted correctly and avoid it slipping? I am thinking 13 should be about right then?
    I think you really should try them on. I'm lucky I have small feet so that a woman's size 10 usually fits but I bought, by mail order, a really cute pair of size 10 that are small. I would cripple myself if I tried to walk any distance.

Karen Sue

Thumbs up pumps

Hi

I surely have a -problem with my left shoe being loose ..especially with stockings on ..it seems my left foot is smaller than my right foot .

I can be very frustrating when walking in pumps ..they are of course a
    small insert when goes on the heel of the foot to help shoes from slipping
    off ..it sometimes works .

Any one else have a problem with womans shoes .
    I do lov womans shoes , but the fit can be very difficult

Melissa

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    You can get small foam inserts that sit in the bottom of the toe box. They help a slightly larger pump fit better. Most ladies shoe depts have them.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

The answer is quite simple. You go to Walmart, K-mart or any drug store and go to the foot care section. The item you want are called heel liners. These are sponge grippers that fit inside the back of the pump. The other method is to use toe pads in the toe area of your shoe. These help to shift your foot back against the back of the shoe. These are also available where the heel grips are found.

My left foot is slightly bigger than my right. So, I buy my pumps to fit my left foot and build out the right shoe so it does not slip. I learned to do this years ago from the manager of the Ninewest store where I shop. Each time I shop, she automatically puts about a half dozen pairs of grips and toe pads in the shoe box. THis gives me extras for other shoes.

No reason to live with a slipping shoe. Can be corrected easily.

Jodi

Definitely happens to me now and then. It's funny because you can't really tell until you REALLY take the shoes out for a walk - not the usual 10 steps a guy takes in a shoe store. And you have to try them in stocking feet, because your feet will be a bit more slippery.

Basically, I have found that many fem shoes, even in correct size for me, just don't stay on. I can either try heel liners or toe grippers - sometimes those help. Sometimes I just need to go down half a size or even a full size for the shoe to "hold" properly.

Nowadays I make sure to buy shoes at stores (like Zappos) with liberal return policies. And I really DO try them out before saying they fit. At this point I wind up returning (or just not wearing) about 1/2 the shoes I purchase, and in most cases it has to do with either fit or slippage. So to some extent I guess we just have to live with the fact that fem sizing is an imperfect science when coupled with CD feet

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

I agree with Erica and Jodi.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Jodi and Erica have the right answers, and some good advice about using the inserts. As one of them said, wear stockings or at least knee highs to try the shoes on. otherwise you will not get the correct fit. Remember, all womens shoes are made on a "last" which is narrower than that used for a mans shoe. Also, European sizes don't correspond exactly with ours. Example, I wear a size 10 in womens, which should be (I believe) a 41 in European size. Not always the case! But heel liners and toe pads can usually correct the problem.
    Fem shoes are greeeeeaaatt!

Sissy

More Girl than man

I was wonderin ....

[SIZE=3]..... do GG's suffer this problem in silence? I've rarely heard a complaint about this issue from women I know.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

ohh..yes ...or ohhh no! ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    The answer is quite simple. You go to Walmart, K-mart or any drug store and go to the foot care section. The item you want are called heel liners. These are sponge grippers that fit inside the back of the pump. The other method is to use toe pads in the toe area of your shoe. These help to shift your foot back against the back of the shoe. These are also available where the heel grips are found.

My left foot is slightly bigger than my right. So, I buy my pumps to fit my left foot and build out the right shoe so it does not slip. I learned to do this years ago from the manager of the Ninewest store where I shop. Each time I shop, she automatically puts about a half dozen pairs of grips and toe pads in the shoe box. THis gives me extras for other shoes.

No reason to live with a slipping shoe. Can be corrected easily.

Jodi
    true ..and Dr Sholes (sic?) has made a product for many years called "moleskin" that might help.. "K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Only happens when I've had to walk across soaking wet grassand the heels sink in. Yuck! Soaking grass and squidgy mud.

Sounds like your shoes are too big. Get some heel grips if you don't want to lose the shoes.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

That only happen to me with very high heeled mules.
    With the rest of my shoes no problem.

honestly

..only here.. would the term "mule" make any sense ...other than a "femme" referance elsewhere ?

my bad or observation eh ? hehe ??? xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Have a look at the paylessshoesource site they have a printable foot sizing guide so you can check your femme size in US sizes
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    [SIZE=3]..... do GG's suffer this problem in silence? I've rarely heard a complaint about this issue from women I know.
    [/SIZE]

My sister in law told me to stay clear of pumps for this reason. "Unless you want to drop some big bucks on jimmy choos", she added.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Thus far I have not had any problem with any of my strapless heels coming off when I walk. But I should add that all of my heels have been tried on before I baught them to insure that they fit properly. the problem is that with an open toe shoe like most strappless heels are I wear a smaller size than I do with a closed toe shoe. Add to that the fact that I have really narrow feet which makes it easier for me to wear women's styles and I am set.

I do have to agree though that the only way you are going to know for sure if a pair of heels really fits properly is to wear them and walk in them. If you are going to order them from an online source make sure that the company has a good return policy and then wear them for an hour or so just around the house so that you don't put any wear marks on the sole and see how they feel. That should prevent any sizing issues from comming up when you are out and about.

As for actual sizing that is hit or miss as with most women's sizeing in the fashion world. Every company has a little different standard to go by. For instance I baught a pair of sandles from Payless a couple of years ago in a size 13 because that is what their size chart said I wear and guess what I can't wear them because they are :mad: way!!!!!!! to big for me but at the same time I baught a pair of black flat ballet type closed toe slip-ons that fit just fine and in fact if I wear a pair of socks that are to thick they are a little tight on my feet.

Welcome to the fashion world love. It's part of being a girl so get use to it.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Callie Ente View Post
    You should get a size 10 and then the shoe won't fall plus even though your feet will hurt, they will hurt anyway so what's the difference! (lol) Now you
    know how come all the jokes about women buying a smaller size!!!!!!!!
    "Lady Fingers"

It is what it is
    Thanks for all of your responses! I am glad I am not the only one that is thinking about this! I believe my next course of action is to buy a pair, and if they don't fit quite right, send em back for a smaller size! Or maybe I will just wear boots

What do you think for my maid outfit; pumps or knee high boots (with black stockings)????

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Definitely pumps with the maid's uniform. Preferably pumps with a "peekaboo" toe!!