Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Awkward Moment! (and a question)

Rene L -

Red face Very Awkward Moment! (and a question)

Let me start by telling you all that I'm very involved in a conservative church with my teenage sons. I work side by side (as a volunteer) with our youth minister (T) and his wife (J) at many events and on trips with the teens. More background information:
    The teens meet in a building (a very big, nice house) some 300 yards or so from the church building. The pathway between the two is gravel (an improvement from grass and mud six months ago).
    No one in my family, church or at work (with one possible exception at work) knows anything (to my knowledge) about my hobby.

Now, the moment: Sunday afternoon I was walking between the buildings with J. We were the only two on the path and were just visiting. She made a comment about this should be concrete, not gravel. Then she said something like "It's very difficult walking across here in heels." (She had heels on, too, cute ones with a strap around the ankle.)

I replied "I can't say that I've ever tried."

J: "Do you want too?"

I was speechless. I felt my face turning a bit red and couldn't decide whether to answer or not. It felt like ten minutes, but was realistically probably 15 to 30 seconds before J spoke again: "Some questions are just hard to answer aren't they?" I still couldn't speak though, and remained silent until we were with the group at the house.

So far my decision is to "let bygones be bygones" and not bring this up again. But I've wondered if I should fess up to J. Or to T and J. Or to T. While I'd much rather they found out directly from me, I'd rather they not know at all, considering my position. Any thoughts, ideas or advice would be more than welcome.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. She may just have thought that you think the idea of wearing heels is embarressing. I don't think there is any need to "fess up" unless you really want to.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Yeah. I have a comment. Don't even go there!! More than likely your be sorry for the rest of your life!! Her comment was probably made as a "see how hard it is to walk in these things" rather than "would you like to try crossdressing". Lol. But way too many problems when it comes to church, god, and crossdressing!!!

And although it sounds good on paper, I think you'd be chucking what ever relations you have with them and the church down the drain!! Sorry if I sound brutally honest......but its the way I feell..

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-04-2006 at 02:58 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Even if this person were kinky and looking to probe you, just the fact that she is someone's wife [the church leader's, no less] means 'keep your distance'. You mentioned you are a parent. Are you still married? Then there would be two people who would be betrayed, not to mention the kids.
    No. Don't go there.
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

I would be real careful. I would not mention it unless she brings it up again.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Do you feel the need to come out to this person. To what end would it serve, unless you intend to go shopping together. You may have inadvertently revealed your 'Hobby' at some time, and they were just testing you to find what side of the coin you fall on. You are the only one who could make a judgement call on that one. Go with your gut feeling

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would just let it go and see if she takes this any futher. And even then i would be very careful as you do have to much to lose. Does your wife know?

Rene L -
    My wife doesn't "know", but I think she suspects. She's opposed to my crossdressing, but I know I've done things that have at least left doubts in her mind as to what I do when I'm alone.

One example would be a "bet" of sorts this past summer. She has a blouse that looks a lot like a man's shirt, but with slightly shorter sleeves. It was hanging on my side of the closet and I thought it was mine until I put it on and found the way it buttoned. She kind of laughed, and I told her I bet if I wore it to work, no one would notice. I did and they didn't. The point of this story: If she doesn't know, I'm sure she suspects.

Who hung it on your side

Rene L -
    She did, but I will always believe it was not on purpose.

What makes you think she is opposed to your crossdressing

Rene, She was probably just making a joke. This thing we love to do and need to do can sometimes confuse us when someone makes a remark to us like J's. You obviously need to tell someone; we all do. BUT don't tell J.
    You work with children at Church? Many people who don't understand our hobbie can assume all sorts of things about us that are not true. You could ruin your entire life by sharing your secret with the wrong person.

Lots of women like to make comments complaining about their shoes to guys. I wouldn't take her comment as any more than just that. I had a female co-worker make a similar comment to me a few years ago, I just responded "they don't match my bag" with a grin, she cracked up laughing, and we continued our conversation.

As long as you haven't done anything like putting pictures of yourself online that she could have stumbled across or been hanging out at the tranny bars while dressed, I wouldn't even bring the subject up again. She's probably forgotten about it. Especially considering it's a conservative church (which I'm guessing means they don't take too kindly to people like us), I wouldn't ever mention it.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Leave well enough alone. Don't come out of the closet to her based on this one, probably innocent and unknowing question. It's been more than 15 minutes since she asked, so, she has proably forgotten about it since you didn't say anything.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rene L View Post
    "It's very difficult walking across here in heels." (She had heels on, too, cute ones with a strap around the ankle.)

That seemed like a perfectly innocent remark on her part. I think sometimes women like to have fun with men to see if they can cause a little embarassment. Years ago I complimented a woman I worked with on her dress. She said, "Would you like to borrow it?" There was no way she could have known I was a CDer. I think she just wanted to make me blush.

Karen Sue

I would b very careful. church and children may not understand as mutch as say my wife

You might consider a more liberal church where any discovery wouldn't jeopardize all your positions. In your home town is the Unity Temple on the Plaza, and I went to the Unity Church in Lawrence for six years. Or any other church that calls itself Welcoming and Affirming.

If I were you I would not even think the thoughts around them. Could bring an end to life as you know it. The Devil makes you do it.

Silver Member
    Don't touch this with a ten foot pole! Crossdressing and church do not mix.

Sad but true. Interesting that this is one thing that EVERYONE agrees on.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Rene L View Post
    Then she said something like "It's very difficult walking across here in heels." (She had heels on, too, cute ones with a strap around the ankle.)

I was speechless. I felt my face turning a bit red and couldn't decide whether to answer or not. It felt like ten minutes, but was realistically probably 15 to 30 seconds before J spoke again: "Some questions are just hard to answer aren't they?" I still couldn't speak though, and remained silent until we were with the group at the house.
    It looks to me that you are the one, Rene, that brought up the subject of you wearing heels. A non-CD guy would be unlikely to make such a response, and if they did they would be making a big joke about it.

I think you threw J a clue, and she's taken that on board. Not replying to her spoke volumes that you were uncomfortable with the subject. I assume she is a sensitive, intelligent & caring person, and has no desire to destroy your life, even if she suspects you have interests in CDing. Still, you did say it's a conservative church, so it's probably a very good idea not to explicitly come out to her.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

My Guess?

If the fact that your conversation took place between two parishoners of the same church on church grounds is any indication, she could easily have interpreted your reaction as having objections to cross-dressing on religious grounds. Pun intended.

I think it's very debatable whether she realized anything. I wouldn't say anything.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Maren; 10-05-2006 at 03:38 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really think she was making a point in humourous way. Would not tell at this point.

Keep Your Mouth Shut!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Hello Rene L , If I was in that spot and wanting to know her intentions, I would wait until we were walking that path again and ask in a jokeing way "when are ya going to give me that lession in heels and gravel ?" Just see what she says. Then play it by ear, no harm, no fowl. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Rene -- Let it rest. Don't say anything. If you bring it up again, she'll wonder why you even remembered. Sometimes, it is best to keep quiet.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread