View Poll Results: I want to be accepted as ...

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • man

29 20.42%
  • woman

113 79.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to be accepted as ...

I want to be accepted as ...

There is this binary sex system which left its marks within the human culture.
    The latter makes a human male a man and a human female a woman.
    I think it is not too pessimistic to say that this never will change.
    So, to be assigned to a place in this system there are only two options:

To be accepted as man.
    To be accepted as woman.

(To be accepted as a person is not really an option, because person is not related to sex or gender.
    "I want to be me" isn't an option either, because you can't be named by others as me ).

Point is: You have the two named options. Which one you choose for your life.
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-27-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Marla

Voted woman. Done the man thing. Not that keen on it.

Elle
    X

Obvious choice

Well, what did you expect us to say?

I'm not carrying around a suitcase full of womens clothes, shoes, and make-up 'cos I want to be a guy

So ... have we got any forms to fill in or was the voting thing enough to be officially accepted as our chosen gender?
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Tough question, but I have to go with woman. aAs Elle said, I've done the man thing, and I'm not impressed. Hugs, Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by fionasboots
    Well, what did you expect us to say?

I'm not carrying around a suitcase full of womens clothes, shoes, and make-up 'cos I want to be a guy

So ... have we got any forms to fill in or was the voting thing enough to be officially accepted as our chosen gender?
    I am not quite sure what I expect. That's why I ask.
    But I think the question is not so easy to answer as it seems to be.
    I. e. it will make a big difference if you are married.
    "I want to be accepted as a woman" might not be very acceptable for our SOs, as they "married a man".
    "I want to be accepted as a man" nevertheless being feminine might be more acceptable and understandable for our SOs.
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-27-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    Point is: You have the two named options. Which one you choose for your life.
    Thing is nature has its quirks... I know I'm one of them. I've been in a bit of a wilderness since puberty... somewhere between the two.

If I was to choose which 50% I'd rather be then I'd go for the male 50%. Life seems simpler in that half of the garden.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I have never wanted to "be" a woman. I just want to be accepted as a man who likes his femininity and likes to outwardly express it - as well as inwardly feel it.
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly
    Thing is nature has its quirks...
    That's true, but our society (culture) hasn't.
    When you style yourself and go out people will "label" you man or woman in the first instance, nothing else. Other adjectives only will be used to refine these major labels in a positive or negative way.
    It's the major label assigned to you by other people I am asking for.
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-27-2006 at 03:07 PM.

That's true, but our society (culture) hasn't.
    When you style yourself and go out people will "label" you man or woman in the first instance, nothing else. Other adjectives only will be used to refine these major labels in a positive or negative way.
    When I dressed as a boy people fixated on my breasts and made assumptions about what I was. When I dressed as a girl I was accepted as 'normal'... but I wasn't. My adoption of abnormal clothing made me closer to normality in their social view.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Still not keen on the black/white binary choices. Republican or Democrat - you can't win. Give me a good ol' wishy washy independent, anyday.

Labels can be hurtful, but also benign - determining who's suppose to open the door, or which bathroom to use (although that gets a little cloudy here, too)

I choose female - at least as long as I'm living in a Western culture.

Yes well this is a hard one.............
    Never thought about it, I love the women's clothes more than men's, even the make-up so I do try to look like a woman and I do go out side dressed so yes a woman got to be I think. When going out and about
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Male for me. I like my work, outdoor life and leisure activities too much.It's not my gender I would like to change it's society's perception of maleness. Georgina.

Off in la-la land

I am not quite sure what I expect. That's why I ask.
    Fair point

But I think the question is not so easy to answer as it seems to be.
    I. e. it will make a big difference if you are married.
    "I want to be accepted as a woman" might not be very acceptable for our SOs, as they "married a man".
    I have exactly that problem, my wife would certainly say that the answer should be "a man" because that's what she wants, which is perfectly understandable particularly as she's struggling with the whole CD thing anyway, having it go away would defintely be what she wants.

"I want to be accepted as a man" nevertheless being feminine might be more acceptable and understandable for our SOs.
    True

But you didn't ask that, you asked what would we want to be accepted as, not what our SOs may want.

At this moment in time I would say I want to try the woman approach if I had to choose one or the other because I don't think I make a particularly good man, though I probably don't make a good woman either

So I stand by my choice but I agree it's maybe not as simple a question as I first thought.
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Quote Originally Posted by ElleCD View Post
    Marla

Voted woman. Done the man thing. Not that keen on it.

Elle
    X
    I feel the same way at times, elle! I've had a good life being a man and it's a bit boring!! So now I'd like to try something different!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Even if I were accepted as a woman when dressed as a woman, I -- and many other TG people -- would have other challenges with work, family, and friends. It's probably a simple question and a simple answer for those who are not TG, for those who just, for the lack of a better term, dress-up as part of a fetish, and also for transsexuals. But for those of us in the middle who want to be, but can't be female (or male, as the case may be) I'd think we'd want to be accepted as women when portraying a woman and as a man when dressed as one.

Warmest regards,
    Christina Nicole

gone for good
    For me, I do not want to become a woman, all I want is to be a man who can wear what he likes!
    #votes man.

Cause I Am A Woman W-O-M-A-N ! LOL Or so my head keeps telling me.

As I'm sitting here all femme at the moment, voted for woman.
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Josi View Post
    I have never wanted to "be" a woman. I just want to be accepted as a man who likes his femininity and likes to outwardly express it - as well as inwardly feel it.

what she said.............
    Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your head rent free

I want to be as feminine as I can
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

i don't really like the binary system but if i had to choose i'd have to say woman as i feel i lean more naturaly to that side, since starting to live as a woman i no longer bottle my emotions and it makes my wife happier that i'm more emotionaly responsive as a woman than i was as a man...

on a side note when i was flirting with being an androgyne for a year (the whole goth scene is receptive of that) i liked the term bi-gendered, i felt if i had to be labeled it would be something a bit different and totaly in the middle...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Michelle View Post
    Hi! I'm new to this, and I'm a hetrosexual male looking to be accepted as a woman. I sometimes wish I had been born as a woman, but then I would have to go through ALL the downsides, like childbirth, "periods", etc. So I'm glad to be a boy/girl!
    If I had been born as a woman, I'd look into surgery to get rid of my periods. Problem solved!

Male

[SIZE=3]I chose male, because I was born a biological male, and I will die a biological male, no matter how much HRT I underwent, or succumbed to SRS, since I cannot change my DNA and re-grow myself. Biology is immutable for mammals. If some future archaeologist uncovers my bones in some distant future they will determine I was a male, what they won’t find is the concept of gender identity, which is a purely human social construct for the purposes of controlling our behavior. They won’t be able to chemically extract, that in my heart and in my mind while I briefly existed that I had female thoughts, desires and emotions which I could not comprehend.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Maria2004; 09-27-2006 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Thoughts outran typing

want to be accepted as none of the above! In other words as a Tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    want to be accepted as none of the above! In other words as a Tranny.
    Works for me!