Thread: Bra shopping

Bra shopping

Selecting the correct bra is said to be very difficult for GGs, leaving us with an even more daunting task, however much we enjoy the task. From pictures in some other forums I visit, I became interested in checking out Vanity Fair bras. So, off to Kohls with forms-in-bra for some shopping!

Well, first disappointment. None of the sheer bras I had interest are in the store. Well, there are other Vanity Fair bras, so I picked up, in 38D, a full figure, a back smother, a contour cup, and sheer bra from Lilly-of-France in a 36C, the largest size they had. Off to the changing room to try on.

The sheer bra was nice as sheer bras are, but really didn’t fit. Too tight in the band and the band was really too narrow. Also, my forms were really squished into the cups. Next was the full figure, where the cups had wrinkles (Oh dear, am I not a D cup?).

The back smother was my favorite. The wide band really did smooth the band lumps and the rubber grip on the bottom of the band did seem to keep the back down. Don’t know for sure until I wear it for extended times. The cups fit perfectly (whew) and resulted in a firm but soft breast feel. Some jiggle was evident (more on this later). The contour cup was interesting in that it had the most uplift and produced some real teen-aged boobies, firm and high.

Well, the back smoother was on sale for the past few weeks for $20, but now was back to $29, so I didn’t purchase any, thinking I would check out Lady Grace for a better price. Well, last evening I had a chance to underdress for a couple hours. I put on my Sears Fundamentals underwire microfiber bra and forms. The big difference became clearly evident. The Sears bra results in much softer boobs. I can even shimmy and have them flying left and right. The feel is very real. So, as much as I like the Back Smoother, I don’t need another bra that I only kind-of-like.

I would be interested in hearing from other on their bra buying experiences.
    Susann_Gardener

Silver Member
    Gee thanks for the tip, Susan. I will try out the Sears Fundamentals bra. Hope it's available here in town.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Love to be in pantyhose
    My latest buying experience. I went to Lane Bryant in hopes of getting a correct fitting and be able to try on in the store. Did not get asked. Purchased two bras and went out to try them on. The band was too small, so took them back and exchanged them for a size larger. From 38 to 40. Still too small in the band. I have purchased size 36 and 38 in other stores that fit well, however wanted to try Lane Bryant because of all the responses here.
    I will be taking these back for the cash and then go some where else.
    This may be the reason why women try on 6-10 bras before they buy one.
    I am not giving up as this is the time for us to buy them easily. Halloween.
    I went into the store and told them that I am invited to a "Come As Your Spouse Halloween Party". The big thing about this party is that each person has to purchase thier own outfit. Got a smile and a some help.

Miss Vicki

Bra ftting on Today show

Saw this on TV over weekend.. Amazing how many woman wore the wrong bra.. so I know we have problems... here is the link...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15062576/

I was amazed at the prices of these bras though!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
    Saw this on TV over weekend.. Amazing how many woman wore the wrong bra.. so I know we have problems... here is the link...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15062576/

I was amazed at the prices of these bras though!
    They were a bit pricy! My wife commented on that too.
    Susann_Gardener

Last spring, before it became too warm, I went up to Richmond, Virginia to a store called Blythe for a bra fitting. It was great! I had no idea that I was a 42 DD, so that every bra I had was too small. Now, at least, I have one ($52-ouch!) that fits and looks great! I was treated like a woman and was complemented on my appearance. I felt great!