Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever had professional Make-up application?

I have had multiple Merle Norman makeovers (in Newport News and Richmond, Virginia), once at Saphora (in Richmond) and a few times with a Mary Kay lady. I just call ahead and ask. I usually don't have a problem and it's great fun. Merle Norman can be kind of expensive, but Saphora was off the charts. I looked great, but spent almost $200 on makeup. Oh well, I LOVE makeup!

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I looked great, but spent almost $200 on makeup. Oh well, I LOVE makeup!
    Sephora is a dangerous place. I can't walk into there without spend at least $100. Good makeup is expensive, but it is SO worth it!
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Two years ago on Halloween, I had a professional makeover done by Hana of Hana Designs while I was passing through Denver, CO. I had only planned to go for the makeover, clean up, then head back to the hotel my wife and I were staying at.
    Well, when Hana was done with me, she was so happy with the outcome that she refused to let me change or clean up. She insisted I return to the hotel as I was. When I walked into our room, my wife was shocked. She swore that she would have walked past me in public and never noticed it was me.
    While it was very expensive, it was worth every penny, as Hana helped give me the courage to do something I had dreamed of, but never had the nerve to do.

Great topic. I am physically disabled and therefore can not do my own make-up. My hands/wrist are affected by my disability...anyway, I have been going to my local salon for about 2 years now and this amazing make-up artist has been doing my make-up for me whenever I want to go out as Michelle. I love it! Expensive alittle but so worth it.

I think many salons now-a-days are becoming more and more aware of crossdressers. And more accepting. As long as you are serious and tip well, you'll be fine. Good luck!

Take Care,
    Michelle

I have a makeover scheduled for Wednesday, with photo session. I cannot wait. I've never had a professional makeover before. Soooo excited.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Yes, and taken classes too

I've only had a few pros do my face, but MAC is the most recent, and it was a truly positive experience - a shot from it is at http://www.tic.ab.ca/~shae/shae201.jpg.

As well, I've taken a few classes through Continuing Education and the Catholic School Board Evening Classes. None of the womenfolk in attendance were overly unnerved by my/our presence, and the teachers got a couple groups of us in for personal classes too. Presently the girls here are trying to get together for a seminar.

And don't forget - drag queens have some interesting tricks that are useable for formal warpaint!

Have fun,
    Shae

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Nowdays I get out more often but in years gone by Halloween was the only day I would go out in "Public," it was a perfect excuse to get a make over. Went to the MAC counter at my local mall and told them I wanted to match my foundation to be made up for Halloween. They sat me in the chair match by base color, tryed different blush colors and bronzers. They were happy to give me many tips and even told me to make an appointment and come in the night of the party and they would do my makeup. Spent about $60 on makeup and probely 45 mins talking in the chair, they made me very comfortable and after a while did not even notice the people walking by us for my interest was on how she was applying my makeup.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 10-08-2006 at 04:48 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I have never done that.. I would really like to.. I am hoping to go at least one halloween party this year.. I really cant afford to have it professionally done though.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Three makeovers in the past year, plus one shop that helped me with some lipsticks, all Merle Norman and all but one in their private areas. Called ahead and either made appointments or made sure they were OK with helping me before coming in. Remarkable level of acceptance that I think goes beyond merely wanting $$ and being nice to make the sale. All of these were in drab.

Due to privacy concerns, I have never gone to a Lancome or Estee Lauder counter so I would highly recommend Merle Norman to those who are to bashful to sit out in a department store dressed in drab while everyone walks by.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Never have either! I just love doing my own makeup!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes, I did. It was at En Femme Getaway in Eureka Springs during the spring of 2005. I reserved the first position on the schedule and the operator was a young woman from Las Vegas.

It was so bad that the person following me on the schedule cancelled when she saw what was happening to me.

I've done it thrice - all in the same week, and I recommend it to anyone who, like me, has not made the effort to learn DIY. Others have suggested using the phone to locate an appropriate salon. This is sound advice, and make sure that you make all your requirements known - dress there, discretion, nearby parking. It is a good way to find out if they will be really helpful. It took me 3 calls to find the one I chose. The others were agreeable, but I could tell that they had reservations. My final choice finished up being oh so helpful. Unfortunately she retired a couple of weeks later - I don't think I was responsible for that - lol!

well i have had a few and had no problems. i found carylbaker visage is great if you get a membership you can get your makeup done for free once a month what i do is take a picture from a magazine of a look that i want to try and watch them reproduce it that way i know how it was done..and wow the makeup girls do an amazing job... hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only

Makeup counters are the best.....

A couple of times I've made the pilgrimage to
    Toronto to "Take a Walk on The Wildside" and twice I've been disappointed by their blase attitude. I suspect that transformation services are more interested in your wallet than creating a customer-provider relationship.
    You get much better treatment at MAC. Sure it cost fourty bucks in product, but MAC stuff is great and it is a giant turnon to have a beautiful lady introduce you to a new and more refined "you". Counters are probably more hip to new trends. You can get an almost free makeover ath The Body Shop as well, usually you can make a charitable donation for violence against women. It's fun to let them try a new look on you. Once at MAC I had them darken my skin tone quite a bit to match a very dark brown wig I had, very cool indeed.

I went to the Boudoir in London for a full dressing service once and it was excellent. I beleive they will also just do make up if that is all you want.

Glamour shots

Not to be confused with Glamour boutique. It is a photography studio but they do make up. I have gone twice in two different cities and bought a series of pictures. Technically there is no requirement for buying the pictures though and I could have just gotten the makeup session. Next time I will get the CD-rom version instead of just the pictures themselves, that way I can properly email them to you all/ have them as avatars.

MY current avatar is a webcam image of the pitcture and it just doesn't come out well that way.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Next Week

My S/O is going to be out of town next week and I have lots of plans, including a makeover. The mall I am planning to go to has a Sephora shop and they seem to have no problems with CDs. I don't know if there is a MAC store there also, but they sound interesting. I am going to that particular mall as they have a Nordstroms and I want to go there for a bra fitting, but that is a different story.

Gold Member
    I have had two done and they are are fun, seems like if you get a different person each time to do it you get a whole different look, I recommend every one to go and have one done.

Yes , I have. But the person that did my makeup, know's me so I had her come to my house to do it. Took about 2 hours. When she was done, I could not tell that it was me behind the makeup.

Missthangz