Thread: Measurements

Measurements

Situation:

Currently saving up for a wedding dress of the strapless and sleeveless type, I just think they're better designed. Along with this I've also been browsing E-Bay and wedding shops in other towns.

Problem:

Normal dresses I don't have a problem (Size 16-18 +- Manufacturing differences) However I would like the wedding dress to fit proper(lyish) so do I take measurements as per instructions on getting measured (By some sellers on E-bay) or adjust as appropiate as I know my bra size etc.

And yes I know this topics been shot to death but I did a search and nothing was brought up

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Kate, I really don't know how to answer your question but you could always try this, its called Women's Clothing Conversion. The link is below,
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/clothingwomenconv.html
    Hope it helps you

Anna x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Wedding gowns are commonly fitted to the wearer when they are purchased. If you get a size close to yours but a bit large, you can have it fitted by any competent seamstress after you get it. You will really enjoy this. It's fun to get a gown fitted to you exactly and you will LOVE the fit.

Steph

good question, i am in need of one 4 when i do renew my vows {re mery} my wife as her partner not husband

Can't help you too much in terms of specific details on measuring except to note:

1. The likelihood of a wedding dress fitting you without alterations is basically nil. Plan on having a seamstress do some fine tuning.

2. Wedding dresses generally run small to size. If you are usually a 16-18, you will probably be looking at 20 and maybe even 22 in wedding dress land. Plan accordingly. (I have never understood what motivates designers to make a girl think she is a size bigger on her wedding day, but that must be the GM in me talking....)

Good luck!
    Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f