Thread: to find a blouse for a tall girl????

to find a blouse for a tall girl????

My interests have expanded from lingerie to now include skirts and blouses. My problem is where to find blouses for a tall / big girl? i wear tall mens shirts ... the blouses are far too short and tight accross the back of the shoulders. The diameter is a good fit at the stomach. any suggestions?

to date, i have only tried Walmart, Target, and K-Mart.

This is my second posting....

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jill c View Post
    My interests have expanded from lingerie to now include skirts and blouses. My problem is where to find blouses for a tall / big girl? i wear tall mens shirts ... the blouses are far too short and tight accross the back of the shoulders. The diameter is a good fit at the stomach. any suggestions?

A very common problem that I share with you all so.

Jill,

I don't know about tall tops. Good Luck. I have seen jeans and slacks for tall and a few coats. But I really can't recall seeing any tops for talls. I shop mostly at Wal Mart, Goodys, Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant and Avenue for clothes.

If you find any please share, I'd love to try on some long sleeve tops for talls. Many long sleeves are just a bit too short.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Try Lands End. I've bought some nice blouses in a tall size.

Veronica

Penney's

Hi Jill,

I've found the JC Penney catalog online has tall blouses. I can wear a 16T that's pretty close to size 16X34. Sometimes I wear a buttondown oxford when I'm in manly mode, and nobody has remarked to me that it buttons on the feminine side.

Thea

One style was a tunic top but I don't see many of them on sale any more. I just getting by with extended size which is about two inches longer than womens sizes.

dress

matlan. www.matlan.co.uk.

Try Sears plus sizes. I'm 6' and was able to find a nice top in a 3x. It fit well at the time but now I'm a 1x and its even easier to shop. Sears is a safe place to shop. I had no difficulty trying on the top - but didn't have the nerve to wear underwear to the store. The moment of truth was putting in on at home with a bra - 42D. Everything was perfect. I wore the top last year for halloween.

Try www.tallgirls.co.uk

Sara x

Hi Jill,

Check here: http://www.tallwomensclothes.com/category/tops_sweaters
    A bit expensive, but the couple things that I've bought from them were of very high quality and fit very well.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

There is a store called "Tall Girls" that has stores in mall around the country. They specialize in clothing for girls 5'10" and up. I have a niece who worked in one of the stores in Pittsburgh when she was in college. She is 6'1" tall and told me that she has shopped there for years. I's sure they have a website. Google it.

Jodi