Thread: whats this mean for us

whats this mean for us

A study of young college women showed they frequently wore more fashionable or flashier clothing and jewelery when they were ovulating, as assessed by a panel of men and women looking at their photographs.

"They tend to put on skirts instead of pants, show more skin and generally dress more fashionably," said Martie Haselton, a communication studies and psychology expert at the University of California Los Angeles who led the study

ok so when i feel like dressing to the hilt / im ? a not doing that lol
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Goodness.!!..I must be ovulating constantly..I knew something was to blame.!!.LOL
    Nikki. x

There was a short blurb about this on Good Morning America this morning. I was hoping it might provide some answers to why we do it. But it didn't! You can go to their web site and read it yourself if you chose.
    Vivian

As I don't ovulate, this probably does not have much to do with my dressing...
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Guess if you can pretent to be a woman you can pretend to ovulate too. Lol. Next step, pretend to be pregnent.....need to get 4 or 5 different sized pillows!! Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only

Some day my prince will not come....

YOu can pretend to ovulate, but I'll bet none of us of the right age will pretend to menstruate or be pre-menopausal with hot flashes and weight gain!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    YOu can pretend to ovulate, but I'll bet none of us of the right age will pretend to menstruate or be pre-menopausal with hot flashes and weight gain!
    Ewwwww. That why I say best of both genders!! No fuss, no muss!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by erica12b View Post
    A study of young college women showed they frequently wore more fashionable or flashier clothing and jewelery when they were ovulating, as assessed by a panel of men and women looking at their photographs.

"They tend to put on skirts instead of pants, show more skin and generally dress more fashionably," said Martie Haselton, a communication studies and psychology expert at the University of California Los Angeles who led the study

ok so when i feel like dressing to the hilt / im ? a not doing that lol
    Since only genetic females ovulate, I'd say it means nothing for the trans community. Interesting perspective though, from a GG's point of view.

Vanya,

I saw the same article and there was something else that I think definitely could be relevant to crossdressing.

As well as women appearing more 'alluring' when thay are ovulating, they are also apparently more attracted to butcher, hairier, stronger males (apparently as a subconscious desire for strong genes) Women are also more likely to cheat on their partner at this time.

After ovulation however, they revert to wanting a more caring, softer male (who presumably is more likely to stick around and help raise the children).

Perhaps this helps explain why many wive's tolerance for crossdressing fluctuates...

Ellisia
    Caught your hand inside the till,
    Slammed your fingers in the door.
    Fought with kitchen knives and skewers.....

This is a very insightful and interesting observation. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisia_Lynch View Post
    Vanya,

I saw the same article and there was something else that I think definitely could be relevant to crossdressing.

As well as women appearing more 'alluring' when thay are ovulating, they are also apparently more attracted to butcher, hairier, stronger males (apparently as a subconscious desire for strong genes) Women are also more likely to cheat on their partner at this time.

After ovulation however, they revert to wanting a more caring, softer male (who presumably is more likely to stick around and help raise the children).

Perhaps this helps explain why many wive's tolerance for crossdressing fluctuates...

Ellisia
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by GG Vanya View Post
    Since only genetic females ovulate, I'd say it means nothing for the trans community. Interesting perspective though, from a GG's point of view.
    Alternatively it could mean a great deal. Richard Dawkins would argue copulation and continuation of the genetic code is imperative. Maybe fixating on the ovulation 'plumage' is a natural fixation for some. Blimey, I must stop attending the Christmas lectures and drink more grog.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

How many demerits for mentioning Ovulation? Will these conversations never cease?
    Gosh darn it I think I'm still a man even when I dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Ya me to nikki
    Angie

Well, I don't ovulate.

And think about it -- we have a warped sense of womens clothes anyway, so something so fundamental as that probably wouldn't effect us in such a way... if we did ovulate.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Interesting Psychological Fact...

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle. For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features.

However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to prefer a man with scissors lodged in his temple while he is on fire.

Further studies in this area have been cancelled....
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I asked if letting me dress also allowed me to be bitchy once a month, but that didn't fly.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Looking

Well, I can tell you for a fact that when I'm dressed to the 9's, I'm definately not ovulating, just in a mood to look good. Ericka

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisia_Lynch View Post

Its official then, no crossdressing during the wife's period, only grunting is allowed

It would also hint that menopausal women would be more accepting since they are no longer getting a hormone surge which puts them off effeminate men.

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    It's probably in the hormones. I believe a study showed that testosterone is related to the sex drive in women, and a surge in testosterone at certain periods indicates a rise in interest in the opposite (or same, depending on orientation) sex. Hence also the common advice among heterosexual men not to flat-out reject women with a slight moustache. I don't know how true it is, but it's what I've heard.

It biologically makes sense, as when ovulating, any female organism wants to advertise it's fertility. Certain female simians, for example, have their genitalia swell and turn bright red, as an advertisement to males that a female is fertile. Then the males compete, and the strongest, or most clever male wins and passes on his genes. However, it was originally believed that females, now moving upright, among humans, concealed their fertility, as to make males keep guessing, assuming they wanted to have offspring. This increased mating frequency, and ensured constant competition and that sort. However, these two strategies are not mutually exclusive, in any case, you can have them guessing, and constantly competiting for mating rights, while also creating an extra little boost in incentive during the time it counts. Such a strategy would likely contribute further to reproductive aims.

But unless undergoing hormone therapy, genetic males (whether our gender perception matches male or not) don't have as interesting hormonal fluctuations. There was something about a male hormonal cycle floating around on GaiaOnline, but honestly, the person gave no sources, and some of the kids on Gaia think they're animals in people bodies. And for some reason, they are always wolves and foxes (rare and few in number), never anything interesting like ants, termites, colonial wasps and bees (which are the most numerous animals on earth...the numbers don't add up), or sloths. And other kids think they're vampires there too. Only not the bloodsucking kind, the "psychic" kind, which feed off the "energy" of others. Yeah. It's an Ad Hominem attack on the Gaia Kiddies, but seriously, there is very little credibility outside the ED discussion, and even that's eroding. Anyways. Our hormones shift most importantly during puberty, and possibly in old age, as stuff begins to break down. There are anomalies, such as tumors (which spawn all sort of body weirdness, among other things, growing hairs and toenails inside the mass).

Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post
    Its official then, no crossdressing during the wife's period, only grunting is allowed

It would also hint that menopausal women would be more accepting since they are no longer getting a hormone surge which puts them off effeminate men.

Solution: Synchronize your crossdressing schedule to her ovulation schedule.

I'm pretty sure after a year or so, you can predict the cycle fairly accurately. Shave when the cycle is at it's low point and by the time she's at her highpoint, you're all hairy and rough again.
    Hail Satin!

Whats this mean for us ?

Stand by, I'll ask my wife If i don't come back, somebody please call 911!!!!!

Aspiring Member

confused...

I'm confused now. Could somebody draw a picture? Am I supposed dress in a skirt or put on a lumberjack outfit during her ovulation?

and that bit about the scissors has got me pretty scared Holly!

-Shannen

Quote Originally Posted by Shannen View Post
    I'm confused now. Could somebody draw a picture? Am I supposed dress in a skirt or put on a lumberjack outfit during her ovulation?

and that bit about the scissors has got me pretty scared Holly!

-Shannen
    What it means is you need to be all blokey half way through her cycle, when she is most fertile, and you can dress up around the time of her period - yes I know, just as the PMS hits!!! Ah well....

Ellisia
    Caught your hand inside the till,
    Slammed your fingers in the door.
    Fought with kitchen knives and skewers.....

I dont ovulate, I oscillate.