Thread: See you later, epilator!

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar

See you later, epilator!

It worked! I purchased an epilator by Remington and cleaned the hair from my chest and legs. Their a little bumpy, right now, but I have hopes of smooth skin by the morning. It did hurt like the dickens, especially around the nipples and the crotch. But this way I won't have to repear the process, or shave, for several weeks. Such rapture!

The reason for this joy is that my wife is off visiting her sister for a few days and I have the house to myself. I also have a few new items of clothing to try on. I posted my first photo in the gallery showing two of them.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Its zoe

Shall i try that!!!
    love zoeXXXXX

Not familiar with that device but I want one. Does it pull BH from the root? If so, you're gonna get bumps. Happens after wax or tweez for me, skin is smooth as silk though after a few days.

Good thing is hair comes out easier every time after the first. Be sure to use an exfoliating brush or body wash though. Pulled hairs tend to hide under the skin for a day or two before they surface......

Bumps all over again, go figure, smooth and sexy is an never ending battle.

Hugs,
    Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Tara1 View Post
    Not familiar with that device but I want one. Does it pull BH from the root? If so, you're gonna get bumps. Happens after wax or tweez for me, skin is smooth as silk though after a few days.
    [snip]
    Bumps all over again, go figure, smooth and sexy is an never ending battle.

Hugs,
    Tara
    Yep, it pulls it out by the roots. And yes, there are bumps. But the unit is fairly inexpensive; I got mine at Sears for about $55.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

It does break a few hairs here and there, but does a fantastic job for the most part. I'll post again after a few days to let you know how it works out.

You will have to do this every few days at first till they all the hairs start coming in less course. I have been doing this for months now. you also need to exfoliate to keep from getting ingrown hairs. Enjoy the look it feels great.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

It's been about day ten since I used my Epilady and the hairs are just now showing. No bumps no problem just nice smooth skin. Oh watch out for those tender areas they tell you that in the instructions.

I have been praising the epilator since I married my hubby and he turned me on to it. Now I have a very low pain threshold, so I usually have a glass of wine while epilating

As for time between hair regrowth...honestly everyone's hairs grow at different raites. I find that once a week does that job, but by day 4 some hairs have already popped to the surface, I guess they all grow at different speeds {jsut like hairs on our heads}.

The bumbs shoudl go away the next day. Also, I usually try to moisturize right after, seems to sooth the redness. And trust me it is soo much nicer when the hairs do regrow, no prickly hair!

They were real popular 25 years ago. Seems like the biggest complaint was they were very painful to use and seemed to fade into the shade. I never used one or considered one because of the chat I heard about them.
    Vivian

I have used an epilator for decades. Result is that I have no hair left on my legs. I love it.
    Janice Ailene:

I have used an epilator on my arms and legs for years. A few suggestions. When using it on long male body hair, shave the area first and wait a few days. Let the hairs grow out to the point they are long enough, then use the epialtor. Also, epilate every week. With constant use, the hairs become much thinner. With regular use, I do not feel any pain.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

you tend to always miss some hairs - so u do it again and again day after day

you can never get them all

but there is hardly anything - shave the rest.....(only takes 2 mins cause there is FA hair and u only do it when you go out - smooth for about 4 weeks...

and the more u do it the more hair you get

Ouch!! Hehehe. Lucky girl!! Hope you take full advantage of your fem time!! Saw an ad on TV the other day for Tweeze....an automated hair pulling device! Kind of like a mini-epilator! Anyone ever used one?

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Count me in as another happy epilator user! I have the Braun Silk-Epil and I'm very satisfied iwth it. The first time I used it on my arms I got a few red spots but I put lotion on and they went away quickly. No problem at all on my legs.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Well, it's the first day after using an epilator and ... WOW! My skin feels sooooo smooth and clean. I powdered myself up, this morning, as I usually do, but today it felt so silky. I hope I'm one of those lucky few who can go weeks between using the device. Even if I'm not, it's still well worth it.