Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: high heels?

4 and a half inch heels are just perfect for me...I have 6 inch heels but they are just ridiculous to walk in.

My advice: Don't pick 4" stilletoes on your first full night out...

2 weeks, and my feet are still recovering.

xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Practice is the secret. I perfer 3 or 4 inch heels. Just remember to take
    slighty smaller steps than in the other mode. Have fun. You will be hooked for ever.

Heels are impossible to walk in. Anyway, I'm afraid of heights so I wear flats.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Red face High heels

i like 3 or 4" heels very much, it's easy to walk, wish u will like it...
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by vlord View Post
    how hard is it to walk in high heels? i never tryed it so im alitle lost so please help a new girl

-lizz

As with anything that is different, high heels take practice. They also require conditioning of your feet and leg muscles. They also require a bit of flexability in your ankle, so ankle and leg stretching are a must.

One bit of caution. High heels might seem easy to walk in while in the house, but they are a whole different story when out and about. One must be concerned about foot placement on the ground, the type of surface being walked on. Surfaces can be hazards, ie soft ground, slopes, gravel, cracks in the pavement, etc. All of these can cause a fall or damage to the heel of the shoe. Also, be careful when going up and down stairs. Going up is not bad, but descending stairs can be tricky. Be sure to hold the railing and practice on stairs at home if at all possible.

The shoe must also be a good fit to be wearable. The best way to do this is to try on in the store. Then from trying on, you must learn what a good fit is for you.

Good luck. There is much to learn, but fun to learn.

Jodi

heels

I wear a men's 12. i got the nerve to got to a Payless this week. My first pair of lady's shoes!!! I purchased a pair 13 with 4 inch heels. It was this pair or some sandals.

The first evening was hell. my feet hurt, I was wobbly. i took them off after 15 minutes or so. I hated them. I have worn them every possible minute since and i can now walk fairly well.

learn to stand with weight on the heels to take teh weight off the toes, if necessary.

Getting out of a chair with dignity (lady like) is hard as of yet.

I will not be dancing in these fora while??

Jill C.

It's easy as long as the heels aren't too high, ie. 3" or less, and the shoes fit correctly. Remember, even with heels, you take each step heel first.

Vikki

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Just like the others have said it takes lots of practice. Here's what worked for me. Start with say, a 2" heel and try to walk as if you were a catwalk model, meaning try to walk by placing your feet directly in front of one another as if you were walking on a narrow line. As you walk, kind of brush the insides of your knees together to keep your legs close together.You could always watch some TV footage of models walking. I'm not suggesting that this is how you will walk in your heels in public, I'm saying that you have to over exaggerate the moments initially to train yourself so that it comes naturally.

The other thing that worked quite well for me was that I always practiced walking backwards and forwards towards a full length mirror so I could see my mistakes and I'd always do it on a fairly thick carpet. On thick carpet it feels less wobbly and not like you're walking on ice. As you get more confident slowly wear higher heels and progress to hard tiled floors. When you can confidently walk in 5" spiky stilettos on a polished laminate floor I'd say you've graduated!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 10-13-2006 at 07:56 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

thank you all for all the help) i just have 1 more question how do i know what size i wear in wemons cloths?

My first pair was with a 3" heel
    And I was quite surprised how easy it was
    I think the main thing is a proper fit
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I've found the secret with 4" or 5" heels is to point your toes and place the whole foot on the ground as you walk, rather than heel first then toe. This way you're not having to balance on the heels at any point. To make your walking look as feminine as possible you have to place one foot in front of the other as if you are walking a tight rope but I've got to say this takes lots of practice!!!

Lesley xx

Wink

how hard is it to walk in high heels? i never tryed it so im alitle lost so please help a new girl

-lizz
    l find l walk better when i walk with my toes first i use the front of my foot first!!!!!!
    there again i might be talking complete crap!!!

those boots were made for walking
    and thats just what theirl do!!!
    one of these days!!! love Zoe

Thumbs up

PURE HEAVEN
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

I had no problem and I tried several different heights of heels.
    From what I've read, some men are natural in heels.
    But I've also read that it can be an easily learned skill as well.

So keep practicing.

All the stuff you see in movies about people struggling in heels is silly. They are easy to walk in, and I thought they were easy to walk in the very first time I did it (around 8)

Kim

It has been my experience that heels with even a small platform under the forefoot are much more comfortable to walk in than those without a platform. Certainly, stilettos with spike heels are very sexy but if they have a 1/2 inch platform or even a thicker sole it seems to cushion the ball of my foot more and allows me to walk very comfortably. When I walk in heels without a platform I find that after walking even short distances my feet hurt enough that I want to stop and take my shoes off for a while and give them a chance to recover. I'm wearing a pair of 4 1/4 inch high heel boots (Connie 'Liberty' 10W) with a 1/2 platform. These certainly are not 'high' by most standards but I could walk forever in them!

Even after wearing heels for as long as I can remember, I have to say, watch out for ice anywhere, and backyard decks in cold weather!

I wore my 3.5" slingbacks in public for the first time at HEF2006. Yes, it is difference between walking in the house and outside. LOL Also remember when I first got them. After wearing them for a couple of hours, my legs started to hurt and cramp, since I was not used to them. Then at HEF2006, I had no problem and they felt great. No leg cramps or anything. Going to try and buy a pair of 4 or 4.5" heels. I feel it now time to start moving up a tad. I did meet a sister at HEF2006 that was wearing 6-7" heels and she moved around like it was nothing at all. LOL

Wearing Heels

Well girls,I find that if their not too high.they are easy to walk in,
    remembering to walk with grace.Mine are 4"with big feet,thats fine.
    I have some higher but the're murder.My 4" shoes are perfect for me
    I can stay in them all day and walk about.I have mules,courts and
    sandals with the same heel,that I can't live without.
    They make me feel like a girl,more than anything that I wear.
    Heels and jeans and I'm in heaven.
    A pretty dress and heels what bliss.
    Talking about boots,my order for 4" patent black boots have not
    arrived yet!
    What am I to but wait.
    Love paola.

-lizz
    [SIZE="3"]well i got my 1st pair of stiletoes delivered today heel studed with diamantes , difficult to walk in to be honest, but ive enjoyed mincing aroung in them today. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Naomi x[/SIZE]

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    I have 3" heels, and i've never had problems with them. The more you walk in them, the more natural it becomes.

Red face

I never thought about until Karren mentioned it that I use to ice skate all the time when I was a kid so the first time in heels was no problem, I started with 3",as for size if you go to any shoe they have a measuring device for your foot just use the womans side instead of mens.If you can't do it without some one watching rule of thumb go 1 to 1and a 1/2 size larger then you now wear.

I do love my heels, and that wiggle just makes me feel even more sexy. Thigh highs dont hurt either.