Thread: Same theme - different perspective

Same theme - different perspective

Hi All,

I want your opinions so please don't hold back.

I am a CD and have been for years although I'm more accepting of it now than I have ever been. I don't feel as though I am in the wrong body. I don't feel a need to transition. I don't have a female mind (at least that's what the tests show....) although I could easily get caught up in feminine ways of thinking. I find men boorish and chauvinisitic and much prefer the company of women.

BUT

I really, really wish that I had been born a woman.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Em

Quote Originally Posted by Emma_Forbes View Post
    I really, really wish that I had been born a woman. Does that make sense to anyone?
    I guess the answer would depend on why you wish that. Is it because, as you say, you prefer the company of women? You can be male and still socialize primarily or exclusively with women. Or are there other reasons?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

opinions

Hi All,

I am a CD and have been for years although I'm more accepting of it now than I have ever been. I don't feel as though I am in the wrong body. I don't feel a need to transition. I don't have a female mind (at least that's what the tests show....) although I could easily get caught up in feminine ways of thinking. I find men boorish and chauvinisitic and much prefer the company of women.

BUT

Em
    are you happy?????

Sounds like me. There is no one narrative for us. Being born in the wrong body or trapped seems to be a common feeling in transsexual but there are other ways of being transexual.
    I'm one of them. No operation no hormones just lving as a woman the best I can.
    Maybe this is just right for you. Enjoy the journey
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

CaptLex,

That's not the only reason. There are lots. I shall probably get slated for saying this, but I'd like to be the 'gentler sex'. I'd like to have some strong man protecting me. I'd love to be a housewife (and mother) to have the variety of life that men don't seem to have. I'd love to be free to read women's magazines and chat to girlfriends about fashions and all sorts of things. I'd like to wear the wedding dress....I could go on, there are so many reasons. And before the accusation about having a rather romantic view of womanhood is made, I know - but a girl can dream!

Whisky,

Yes I am happy

Rikki,

Thank you. Phew, I'm not the only one. It's an interesting position to be in and I still don't really understand it. I'd love to live as much of my life as I can as a woman, without medical intervention. How to achieve that is an interesting conundrum.

Am I right in thinking you are out to the world? I envy you. I'd love to know how you achieved your current lifestyle.

Em

Having read your thread/reply...sounds like contradiction/confusion overload to me love...but I am a dizzy blonde.!!!.it's probably far too deep for me...hope you are enjoying life at least.!!
    Nikki. x

Almost Ditto! Greatt thoughts. Clear!

Hi All, I want your opinions so please don't hold back.
    BUT I really, really wish that I had been born a woman.
    Does that make sense to anyone?Em
    Dear EM: I have italicized the parts of your message that apply to me. I have been trying to put my situation into words for a long time - but you have said it short and clearly. Thanks for that.

One exception: I know men who are wondefully sensitive, caring, strong and clear thinkers, and indeed not boorish. There are many women like that however - and the men are a very rare occurrence. Of course, I am one of them!

Rickie Richard - sometimes
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't feel as though I am in the wrong body. I don't feel a need to transition. I don't have a female mind (at least that's what the tests show....although I could easily get caught up in feminine ways of thinking. I find men boorish and chauvinisitic and much prefer the company of women....BUT....I really, really wish that I had been born a woman. Does that make sense to anyone?
    Ooh err....scarily close to what I think about myself too Although not quite. I don't concur with your second post about wanting to be a housewife and mother and have a man take care of you, but your first post is similar to how I feel about myself.

I know I'm biologically male, I know I'm not or ever likely to be a woman. I know I like the sexual male parts of my body and I enjoy using them with my wife, but I do know I am very different from "regular guys" and I know I want to openly express my "feminine self" as much as possible in my everyday life.

If I could wave a magic wand and have been born a woman would I want to....absolutely yes but for one thing. If that was the case and I had been born a woman it is extremely unlikely that I would be with my wife Marla. There is absolutely nothing in my life that makes more happy than being her husband, and all the things that go along with that. I doubt that being born a woman would have made me have a happier life than I have with her now.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi Emma, I'm yet another with similar thoughts. I recognise that I was conditioned against men from an early age, and I wish I wasn't a Tranny but I am. Given the choice, I'd choose womanhood. And given another choice, I'd be a lesbian......Kids, who'd have 'em? lol

A lesbian, in a lesbian community.mmmmmmmmmmmm rose coloured specs not required
    Nothing human can be alien to me.

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
    -William Blake

"Anyone who knows how to run a household, knows how to run the world."
    -- Xilonem Garcia, a Meshika elder in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Dee View Post
    Having read your thread/reply...sounds like contradiction/confusion overload to me love...but I am a dizzy blonde.!!!.it's probably far too deep for me...hope you are enjoying life at least.!!
    Nikki. x
    Ditto for myself, Nikki. It's good to talk about but I'm being hard pressed understanding Em's problem. She just needs to enjoy who she is I think and celebrate being the wonderful person inside. We are here to talk to are we not? The physical state is what it is but we can work with what we have although it may take some effort (don't I know?). Anyway, Em learn to love who you are--that's the key. We all love you. Ericka

Nikki Dee,

I am enjoying life very much. I've learned not to worry about things I can't resolve and to enjoy those things I can.

Rikkie,

I know what you mean and it was a sweeping generalisation. It's the problem of being outnumbered I guess.

Angel,

Wisdom as usual. I think I might feel differently if I had a wife who was as supportive as Marla is to you. However, as it is, I only have myself to consider in this. One day maybe.....

Ellaine,

Kids are great. Whether I would have had them had I been a woman, I don't know but I think I probably would. Mind you being a lesbian also has its benefits......

Em

Ericka,

According to your avatar you're not a dizzy blonde so you have no excuse.. I am enjoying life - very much as it happens - and I'm learning to be me, not 2 different people but that takes time. As long as I can dress while doing it - I'm happy!

I guess that every one of us has their own wants and ways. Like someone had said in another thread that we are a spectrum and each of us finds their own level of comfort. Like you, as I grow more in touch with what I feel I am also more accepting and letting it be a part of my life.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    Hi All,

BUT

Em

I also really wish I had been born a woman. However I problaby would not appreciate how good it is being one because I would not benefit from having been a male first. So I would prefer to magically turn into a woman but retaining all memory of having been a male.
    Last edited by Kathryn Philips; 10-14-2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

Ime with Kattie on this one. If you were born a woman you are unlikely to x dress as a man. I for one really enjoy being two people.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I think we spend too much time on labels. I live full time at home but have no idea if I am a ts or just tg.

Good

Ericka,

According to your avatar you're not a dizzy blonde so you have no excuse.. I am enjoying life - very much as it happens - and I'm learning to be me, not 2 different people but that takes time. As long as I can dress while doing it - I'm happy!
    Guilty as charged Em. I'm a dizzy "whatever". I'm glad you are learning to be yourself though cause that's what really counts. Ericka

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I'm pretty much the same way. I have no desire to transition and enjoy wearing women's clothing. I am happy with both sides of me but I feel that I have been liberated and completed by crossdressing.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Gold Member
    It all comes with the package, if were happy being a man why do we try to be a woman, why oh why, I got no clue.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    Me again. I hate wearing boy clothes. It really creeps me out. But I don't think that I am a ts. So what am I?