Thread: family

Smile family

I've been crossdressing for a few years now and everytime i try to talk to my mom about it she comes back y do u do it and stuff like that. I have an aunt that me crossdressing doesn't bother one bit and she told me that it didn't bother my mom but now my mom says something different. How do I get my mom who is usually very understanding about anything you talk to her about, how do I get her to understand y i crossdress and that I would really like her to go shopping with me for girl stuff? any help in doing so would be nice
    Serenity

Life's a Dance, You Learn as you go

Hi and instead of talking about crossdressing, why not just ask your mother to go shopping with you. And be sure to let her know you want to go shopping for gurl things...BJ
    ps She might not have a problem with that, but talking about it is too much for her.

What Moms want

Moms want strong confident Sons. Try to convince her you can be a strong, confident Son/Daughter, one who is not only confident but pretty too and it will be a win/win situation. Ericka/Rich

First, maybe your mom thinks somehow it was her fault, because she raised you. Getting her to talk about how she really feels is important to both of you. Trying to reassure her that she is not to blame may open some doors. Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Let it work it's majic.
    "Lady Fingers"

Hi Serenity, and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I've been crossdressing for a few years now and everytime i try to talk to my mom about it she comes back y do u do it and stuff like that.
    Congratulations on having the courage to even tell your Mum. I wish I'd told mine years ago. I may still tell her, but I don't want to distress her. I assume she believes I have gay tendencies...

So why do you crossdress? Why do any of us? Nobody really knows, but some of us have some pretty convincing stories.

One short answer to the question is: "Everybody has a mix of masculine & feminine, but I feel more feminine than most guys. Dressing up lets me express those feminine parts & get more in touch with them."

There are several factors which contribute to a person being TG, and the way these factors combine & interact in a given individual creates a huge variety of different TG people, so the reasons that we do what we do vary quite a bit from person to person, although it is true that general patterns do exist.

At your age, you are most probably still finding (& forming) your gender & sexual identity. It would be unrealistic to think that you could give a simple cut & dried answer to your mother's question. But it is a good idea to think about where you do want to go in your life with your TG adventures.

Think about whether you're just CD or if you may be TS to some degree. Do you want to keep this a discrete activity, or would you want to live openly as a woman? Would you like to take female hormones or have any surgical modification? Do you have gay or bi tendencies? These are questions for you to ponder, Serenity, please don't feel obliged to answer them here! Thinking about these things will help you understand yourself better & will help you formulate a good response to your mother's questions. And future girlfriends will want to know how you feel about those things, too...

I have an aunt that me crossdressing doesn't bother one bit and she told me that it didn't bother my mom but now my mom says something different. How do I get my mom who is usually very understanding about anything you talk to her about, how do I get her to understand y i crossdress and that I would really like her to go shopping with me for girl stuff? any help in doing so would be nice
    Maybe you could write your Mum a letter. Have a read through the archives here and you'll begin to get an idea of the wide spectrum of the TG world. You'll find that there are many people saying things you can really relate to, and others will make comments that will be almost alien. Eventually, you will develop a feel for your place in this crazy kaleidoscopic TG spectrum, and you will have found words that you feel comfortable using to explain yourself & your attitude.

But maybe you don't really care for explanations, and that's fine, too.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

When I told my Mum it was all ... Oooooooh, Ohhhhhhh, Ummmmmm, Hmmmmmm, What will the neighbours say? After a while she started buying me the odd thing and now doesn't think twice about seeing me in what ever I turn up in. She's even seen my more risque model work.

Time changes everything.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Why don't you tell her how it makes you feel, ok if it sexual better leave that bit out.

Your mum is probably trying to understand and needs a bit of time to sort her thoughts out. As for shopping why not tell her you would really appreciate her advice, she may say no but then again.....
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

this is why i don't say anything to my mum, how can you start to tell her that your son loves wearing dresses. I just can bring myself to do that.

But I wish you all the best in the world that someday she comes around to your way of thinking and go shopping with you
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Banned Read only
    my step mom,and her side of the family are ignorant liberal trash,they have treeted me like a pariah my entire life because I got caught by my dad wearing moms heels,he beat me until I couldn't move,then told every one what he caught me doing.
    He even threatened to use a tin snips on me to make me a girl if I wanted to dress like one,yeah that can mess up an 8 year olds head.
    I have no contact with any of them,not even step mom,as for dad,he's in a warm place.