Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would You Do?

What would You Do?

My wife's going down to Houston on the 31st for a quilters convention.

I'll have to get up early to take her to the airport, which means I'll be able to leave work early enough to get home and hand out candy, traffic allowing.

She doesn't want me too, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to dress up, maybe in my maid's outfit, to hand the candy out.

What would you do?
    DonnaT

Ack! What a great possibility.

Though I have to admit, I don't think I'd be handing out candy to the kiddies en femme... I'd be too nervous of it getting back to the other parents. Plus you might freak out the chidlers a little bit. *lol*

But if you're confident enough, why not?

Julie

No things like that just adds fuel to the fire against cds

Quote Originally Posted by hotbobbie View Post
    No things like that just adds fuel to the fire against cds
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

If you're comfortable doing it, then I say go for it!

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Around here when there's school the next day the kids are usually home around 8:30 or 9:00. Is there any chance of going to a party later or getting together with some friends instead of answering the door dressed?

Either way, with it being a kid's night if you answer the door dressed it's going to get back to your wife. I guess the question is how would you want to handle it if/when it does?

Platinum Member
    Donna, Donna ,Donna,.....look a maid's outfit ??? this is Halloween ,.... this is about the kids out enjoying the Holiday ..... a maids outfit relay ?? just what were you thinking????? for a Holiday like this be smart and don't do anything silly to spoil the kids day / night.... and do so think that silly idea or dressing like a maid over would you please?????......

OK thanks for rethinking the maid thingy ...... now if you want to dress try the "GOOD WITCH" thats more like it ....... and get pics.....lol..... enjoy....

Sorry, I Vote No

Sorry, but I'm on the "no" side for a few reasons.

First, the wife said so. Don't do anything that would hurt the trust in your relationship. That is THE most important thing.

Second, even though it is your house, and these days kids are pretty well supervised during trick-or-treat, I think it does promote a negative stereotype of crossdressers. There's little up side here.

If you really feel the urge, how about a witch. You can put on some make up and have some dark frillies on underneath that only you will know about!

Boo. Jerry

Banned Read only
    I would dress up as a rotting female corpse,after all it is halloween,fright on

Well if you do it and your wife finds out I wouldn't like to be in your shoes.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I dont get the whole negative stereotype thing? Why are some of ya'll saying this?

I personally have enough faith in Donna that she wouldnt dress in anything perverted to hand out candy to little kids. I think it would be fun and create alot of laughs for everyone who comes to the door.

My question for Donna is, why does your wife have a problem with you dressing for halloween? I could see her point if this was December 14th, but halloween is for dressing up.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably go for it and have a good time.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    personally i'd say no , but then i'm basing that on my relationship with kelly. I respect her enough that if she ever asks me not to dress then i won't . Fortunately i'm in the position that she very rarely asks me not to so that when she does i know there's a good reason for it.

Setting that aside , you do have to be very careful when mixing what the general public may possibly percieive as a sexual or fetishtic thing with what can only be described as a youth activity. Something to think about

There seem to be varying degrees of opinion(s) here, but I say go for it and don't think twice about it. The reason I feel this way is because Halloween--of all the days of the year--is the one day when people are at least somewhat willing to put aside their preconceived notions, stereotypes, and bad attitudes and accept the fact that there is a man at the door who is dressed as a woman.

I can tell you from personal experience that most people will just smile and think it's cute or at least amusing. A few people might even remark that they're surprised at how nice your legs look or that your makeup looks surprisingly good for a guy.

I say go for it, but I do think you should try to avoid anything too provocative or distasteful.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Dress Yes. But I think you should pick a different outfit. Cinderella? Elvira? Witch? Something cute, something that won't give the parents nitemares.
    If you walk into a room and nobody notices, Why walk into the room?

Thanks for the responses.

Now, you don't think I dress in such a way as to freak anyone out do you?

http://crossdressers.com/forums/atta...3&d=1105034151
    DonnaT

Donna,

I have had a similar thought, but I do know this...Who would be ringing the door bell but every neighborhood kid and parent who probably knows you and your wife.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Souuld You???

Hi Hon;
    Think about it...with neighbor kids, come neighbor adults! (I would hope)
    The kids see the candy...the adults seeYOU!!

Should You Dress???

JamieK
    ITS YOUR LIFE,... LIVE FREE AND HAPPY.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    My wife's going down to Houston on the 31st for a quilters convention.

I'll have to get up early to take her to the airport, which means I'll be able to leave work early enough to get home and hand out candy, traffic allowing.

She doesn't want me too, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to dress up, maybe in my maid's outfit, to hand the candy out.
    i would say no because your wife has to live in the neighborhood
    Last edited by CaptLex; 10-19-2006 at 09:35 PM.

I don't know about a maid's outfit but I wear a normal blouse and skirt to hand out candy every year to the kids.
    OTOH, I have no wife so I am not going against anyone's wishes.

Karen Sue

I agree with most of the others.
    A. She said no. She WILL find out.
    B. Many people think that we're a little warped as it is, so it's best not to
    play dress up around little kids.

and ... A few years ago at halloween, one of my sisters was visting from out of state, and she wanted to go to one of the nicer malls in the city (Atlanta). So, I took her there for shopping and lunch. While there, we passed a store that had some "flapper" dresses in the display window, and she laughed and suggested that we each get one and "hit the clubs" as twins for halloween. I knew that she was kidding, so I just said "I don't think so." and kept walking. Her reply was that "that's ok, whenever I see a guy in a dress on halloween, I just figure that he's a crossdresser."
    If she only knew!

- there's no upside here ... put on a bra and panties under your male clothes ... and save your fun for later after the kiddies are gone.

Susan

If it wasn't for the fact that many of my neighbors know my true drab identity, I would love to hand out candy while dressed. No maid's outfit, though, just everyday femme attire.

Vikki

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    just what were you thinking?????
    I agree. you'd scare the hell out of those poor children. do you want them to have nightmares?

Bad idea.
    That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Lauren

I want to take the first half of the desenting vote. I would dress, but not as a maid costume. That is a little too adult for the kids. But hell, Halloween is for CD'ers. ...BJ

I think a different outfit would be better, less risque. Be prepared to deal with your wife afterward.