Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dress up for Halloween

Question dress up for Halloween

I am planning to go out for the first time en femme on Halloween. Is it best to go out and try to pass as a GG? What i mean is-- what about going out as a GG in a costume, sucha s sorceress, princess, cowgirl, whatever?

Banned Read only
    I thought every day was halloween for CD's

if you try to pass too much as a gg, and your discovered not to be a gg, you may get teased more... a guy with a beard dressed as a female character is often laughed at as "that's funny", not "you weirdo". it's really your descretion. I dressed up as a nurse (true nurses uniform, hat, white 5" pumps, hose, nails, makeup, wig), and everyone was amazed how good I looked, and nobody really gave me any slack. my wife was so cute, she tried covering for me "it was hardest finding size 16 shoes.. you'd be amazed at what you can find on ebay". truth be told, I already had them for a few months already.

StephanieCD
    My experience has been that Halloween is the only day I've been able to muster an excuse to go out in drag. The only way I've found I can get away with it is with humor - people expect some people to do it... I tried to be one of them. The other thing that has worked for me before was to get someone to go along with it and nudge them into thinking it was their idea. The best was once when I worked in a leather shop (yep) my coworker "came up" with the idea that we both come to work dressed in drag. So I spent the day peddling leather on Halloween wearing quite the ****ty little outfit. Best part was, I got to pretend to be concerned when she got into it and helped me with clothes! She MADE me a dress... it was awesome.

*sigh* memories. This Halloween won't be as exciting, I'm afraid.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I think the best way to go is as a CHARACTER like a witch or gypsy fortune teller. You can be as sexy or as funny as you want---and if you dont quite pass, or you do a bad job on your makeup----Its all the more funny and FUN.

You wont be taken TOO seriously--and everyone, including YOU can have a good laugh.

Dressing as "straight" women or prostitutes, on the other hand, not only shows a lack of imagination, but might make people think you are "funny" in the "wrong" sort of way.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 10-24-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Last year I dressed like a straight woman (serious sexy intelectual secretary with high heels etc.) I liked this dressing a lot because it looked so natural, but the problem is that my friends may have understood that it was not my first time!I was walking so nice in high heels that they could get suspicious........and something more important.......if they see us every year during Halloween in "high heels"wouldn't it be too obvious???What's your opinion ....because I would like to dress feminine every Halloween!!!(and every day actually...........!!!)

Last year, I dressed in jeans and a sweater and the wig and makeup. I was doing good until I told a clerk that I was paying my wifes bill. Oooops!!! Then they figured it out. But they couldsn't say too much, most everything I had on, came from Lane Bryant....BJ

I think for those of us who have already showed our fem side on halloween, people probly wont care. Its our one day to be ourselves, relativly consequence free, i think we should use it. The time ive dressed, i go the whole nine, shaved and all. Its quite exciting!!

Marina is right! My gyspy fortune teller persona on Halloween has been perfect. I'm able to have my nails done, wear all gurl clothes including heels and interact with everyone as Natasha. Reading tarot cards is great fun. Most of the people I read for know I'm a guy but last year there were a few that didn't figure it out. Of course, everyone had a hoot telling them after their cards were read. It was a wonderful evening. Another coming in 10 days - woo hoo!

Southern California - San Gabriel Valley - Covina
    you can also pull it off while dressing sexy with as little as some quality fangs and perhaps some scary contact lenses. that way you you can still feel very girly and sexy, as well as having a 'costume' for halloween. just a hot vamp. my plan for this halloween.

I only dressed up for one halloween, I usually don't want to because I feel like halloween costumes should be something that isn't who you really are and I really am a crossdresser.

Sometimes I think I'll buy like a french maid outfit or a witches dress and go as as something besides just a girl, but they make them so damn small and revealing now I just don't feel comfortable in them with my size.

I have dressed as a woman for Halloween a number of times over the years ( at least 5 times). 50's Sweater girl, Mexican conchita, business woman, blonde "kept woman" for my wife who was the Arab shiek, and French maid. This year it is the old style nurse. And yes, the friends do say "UMMMM, you seem to have a theme going." To which I just chuckle. Never a negative comment from friends, but a couple years ago I entered a costume contest as the maid. It was kind of revealing as I had a very good costume, too good. The winner was a guy in a skirt, with bad makeup cockeyed cheap wig, and tennis shoes. One judge said he didn't like me. Go figure. Just wear what you wish and HAVE FUN!

Halloween is the best chance to be whomever you want to be. I find that most people are very accepting this time of year. Gives me a great chance to dress and be in public without any explaining. Done it for last 4 years now and none of my friends seem to care or mind. Most seem to envy me for being able to be open. take advantage of Halloween or you will be sorry on nov. 1.

Wink I'm doing it this year

Long story short. The girls in the office "came up" with the idea of me being the ex office manager. I said that my wife has clothes that would fit (some truth there although most of the outfit is my stuff). We needed a blazer and me and the current office mgr went during lunch to SA and we found one for 1.50. The girls will do my make-up, they already brought in samples to see what colors would go. We are keeping it under wraps until Halloween. I just have to figure how to get in without being seen so as to not spoil the plan. I'm acting like ok I'll go along but the truth is I'm really looking forward to it.

It is your chance to be who you want to be. Last year I dressed as a lesbian, boots, jeans and a flannel shirt.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

This halloween I'm going to be storm ... like a previous poster said, dressing up en femme for halloween is completely normal ... so to speak ... when your dressed up as a fictional character of some sort, but dressing up as a woman ... with no theme whatsoever, will merit a lot of looks and subtle comments ... best to look your best, have fun, be something crazy ... and try not to look to trained walking in heels lol

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar

Planning on it!!

I dressed up as a french maid in 97, and as a she-devil in 98. Then took a break from dressing as a girl so as to not raise people's suspicion. Since then I moved to a different province and so I decided to start dressing in women's costumes for Halloween again. Last year I dressed as a sexier she-devil while at a party and later a night club. I followed that up by dressing as a regular girl at work on the following monday.

So my costume for this year's party is a Goth Girl Fairy, my wife helped me pick it out. My only dilemma is with what I'm going to wear to work. I haven't decided if I'll dress as a regular girl again, or to go in my goth girl (or another femme costume). While there is a chance somebody at work might think its weird for me to dress as a girl at work for 2 years in a row, I won't be letting somebody else's opinion of me ruin my chance at having a fun day at work. Life's too short for that, in my books.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

weigh you r gains and loses

Go in character, wilder, crqaazier the better...distracts from the truth of who you are...or just go as yourself if you have nothing to loose.

hey shannonrose

i'm going to differ from the other gals on this..
    go dressed as in the clothes that you always wanted to wear out! this is your best chance to enjoy the dressing and combining it with a night that noone gives a darn HOW you dress! have fun and don't give a hoot how anyone thinks or you won't do it!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Do what ever makes you happy ! It's one day a year anyone can get away with dressing up. I went out dressed up about 10 yrs ago LOVED it, it set me free to become Who I really was. Halloween was the 1st time out in public, BUT not the last. My Dressing escalted from there, dressing in public all I could. Started going to work dressed to the Point that I am Cami now 24/7 . Just your Typical Girl next door type now.

ENJOY and get some good Pictures Hon
    " Go Confidently in the direction of your Dreams ! Live the Life You've Imagined. "

" SHOOT FOR THE MOON, Even if you miss, You'll Land among the Stars "

~Cami Dawn~

This year I think I will be a transvestite instead of a crossdresser!
    "Lady Fingers"

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    last year i dressed up in a fairly short jean skirt, a black loose fitting turtle neck and knee hight boots. had the now ex's mom do the make up. the results weren't to bad concidering i had very little money to spend. this year i am planning to wear a tight fitting turtle neck, a pair of jeans i borrowed off a friend, 4 and a half inch heel boots during the day. and a nice skirt sweater combo for the evening. i even have an hour and a half appointment on the 31 to get nails, make up and hair done. i am so looking forward to the pampering.
    but a friend has expressed interest in buying the boots i'm gonna wear. the problem is is that no one knows about my dressing. but this could be a chance to come out! halloween is the only time i am brave enough to go out. but this halloween will be the test of how i well i can pass. i will be sure to post pics.

.....So I was talking with the wife earlier this afternoon and she happened to comment that the local mall was going to have a costume judging contest. She said something to the effect that there was going to be different age groups. I asked what the groups were and she said something like from 0 to 3, then 4 to 8 , 9 to 12 and 12 and over. I said, "Well, I'm over 12." Her comment was, "they won't judge you" , "I know that, but hey it's Halloween, I can do anything I want."
    The good part is she didn't say I couldn't. Most likely won't go with me. Probably doesn't want to see me. (Too much of a schock, I think)
    The more I think about it the more I want to do it. Just gonna have to remember to not wear my best clothes. She'd blow a gasket if she knew how much I've spent on clothes. I'd NEVER tell her how much my forms cost me.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

well a few years ago a dressed as a nurse.. this year I will be well my version of sandy from grease..a poodle skirt , pink ladies jacket.. etc.. I guess more of less a 50's gal.. my wife is going to be danny.. she will have jeans and a t-bird jacket.
    as long as you have fun it doesnt really matter what you dress up as.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

You know, halloween is such a great opportunity for you guys, or girls. You can be accepted in public wearing women's clothes, even if there's no way you'd pass as a woman. Just don't take it too seriously! If you just go straight up as a woman, that's fine! Actually, that's probably less conspicuous than if you go as a princess or whatever. Just go as whatever you think you'll look best as.