Thread: Best thrift store buy

Best thrift store buy

I was out at a Goodwill and I found a two pairs of breats forms. One triangle shape the othe teardrop with nipples. I got them both for $10. So I was wondering what other things you girls have found at thrift stores. Please share and enjoy.

Hugs
    Kathy

That's a good find!

My last trip it was a black lace garter belt - I've never seen the like, and a naughty see-thru blue nightie with holes at the nipples and tassles.

My fave buy I think was a satiny red prom dress with lots of bunching. (sorry, I don't really know the terms ) The clerk said 'oh, some lucky girl is getting a nice dress!" I said, "ahem,...yes "

Banned Read only
    I don't shop thrift stores here in Utah,they are owned by the mormon church.

My wife do 90% of our shopping at thrift stores..On Wednesday while out for other reasons we spotted one that we have never been in...WOW all clothing was $1..I picked up a really nice casual dress..couldn't pass up the price.

I always search the racks for a prom dress (I guess like a lot of girls I dream of going to the prom).

Recently, I found a David's Bridal gown in my size! The best part, it was only $8!!

Banned Read only
    A black woolen "Planet" knee length skirt suit.
    It cost £15 and it's really classy.
    A black knee length A-line leather skirt.
    I can remember where I bought it but
    I can't remember when or how much I
    paid for it.
    It seems to be indestructible.
    It's like an old friend.

Aspiring Member
    I've found some very nice items at thrift stores, an Undercover Wear black long slip, almost gown like, can't remember the price but it was very cheap.

Recently, a white 'silk' feeling blouse, and a knee length black skirt, with an inner lining. Only less than $15 for the 2 items.

Quote Originally Posted by kathydsch View Post
    I was out at a Goodwill and I found a two pairs of breats forms. One triangle shape the othe teardrop with nipples. I got them both for $10. So I was wondering what other things you girls have found at thrift stores. Please share and enjoy.

Hugs
    Kathy
    nice buy just some dresses
    laurie sweet

My best Thrift shop bargain (so far): a short blue woollen jacket & two blouses for $10 total.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Almost all of my wardrobe comes from Goodwill because someone else paid for the name brand and I got it for less than $5. You can find lots of name brand clothing that was hardly ever worn and save all that cash. Billie Jean

Cami's,, slips dresses ,skirt, blouses, shoes , all at great prices
    Angie

I'm a thrift store junkie! Probably my best find was a Prada purse in absolutely new condition for $7!

thrift stores

I love Goodwill stores. I have found some great outfits at very low prices. I find they always have jean skirts and dresses, some of my favorites

Vintage

Love the thrift stores, I am into vintage femm clothing and seem to find the most adorable and cutest things in thrift shops, especially lingerie

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC

Talking

My best find was a new pair very nice jeans and a sexy top{red of course} all for 6.00.They fit great. Geri

Content and Happy
    Thrift stores are a great place to find what your size is. I know in my early years, I would buy cloths to see which ones fit before I spent a lot of money on new ones. However, I found most all of the cloths I purchased were name brands so I made them my stores of choice. I also found that knowone really cares what you're looking for. They're too busy trying to find their own bargains. When I shop, I want to feel relaxed and not get in a hurry, like I might get caught. Have fun on your shopping trips girls.

Lanore

Gap skirt

Hi,

My best thrift store buy was funny because I had wanted (and even tried on) a skirt at the Gap, but couldn't really spend as much money as they were asking. But I still wanted a skirt, so I went to a thrift store and found one in my size-a Gap skirt.

"Princess" Michelle
    "Princess" was on a shirt given to me by a cd who barely knew me. I purged it, but kept the nickname to remind me of the kindess.

Smile Many Bargains

[SIZE="3"]I purchased a navy blue skirt and red long sleeve pullover a couple of weeks ago. I have purchased most of my clothing at thrift shops.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

i've purchased a lot of stuff at thrift shops in the last month as i only had underwear and not much of that. i haven't paid more than $3 for jeans. yesterday i bought some nice 3" heel shoes for $2. they take some getting used to.

most of my clothes are from the salvation army. I have shopped there alone and with my wife. I even try things on. Its easy. I pick out something from the mens side and she sneaks me girly stuff in the dressing room. One time I was in there trying on stuff and a leather skirt comes shooting under the door. there are great deals there.

I got a pair of knee high, high heeled boots in a women's size 11 for $12. They still had the tag and everything. They are a bit small, but the rubbery leather-like stuff they're made out of stretches a bit and besides, you girls always wear your stuff tight anyway, right?

Besides that, I got a black Gap skirt that comes to just above my knees, and a sweater that actually fits me very well considering the size of my shoulders. I've bought two whole outfits already, and I only need one for my costume! Now I see how it is for real girls.

Most of my stuff came from thrift stores, except underware, that I buy new. Just yesterday I was in the Salvation Army store and I was one of the first there. I was going through the racks of Blouses and dresses. I found a dress that I loved, but I wanted to make sure it fit, so I quick ran into the change room and tried it on. It was a very close fit. I came out and there was a girl about 18 looking at clothes, she seen me come out with the dress. I just put it in my cart, see gave me a wierd look and went the other way. I kept on looking. I got the dress home and tried it on with my bra and panties. It fit perfect. It is a beautiful creme flowered dress with a semi high neck and a short zipper in the back. The fabric is on the edge of being see through, the skirt comes down to just below my knees. The top bodice is a little tight, but I love it that way. There are a lot of great deals at thrift stores, and something for everyone. It's great that your GG helps you shop, that is cool.
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY

I don't shop the thrift stores too much anymore, since usually by the time I get there the good stuff is long gone. But yesterday I visited a really big one in a nearby town for the first time. They had an aisle that must have been 25' long JUST for sleeveless dresses, and another for long sleeve dresses, a full row for business wear (skirt and pant suits) and two full rows just for skirts! With halloween being so close, nobody gave me a 2nd glance as I took my time browsing through all of this treasure. I ended up taking 10 things to the fitting room (1/2 didn't fit, and I sadly decided that I was too old for one really cute outfit). I ended up walking out with 2 blouses, a floral skirt that still had the tags on it and a teal jumper for a budget-breaking total of $14.00.

My wife's only reaction on seeing the purchases? "Damn, why do you always find the good bargains?" (said as she was trying my new jumper...)

If you are in the SoCal area, there is a K-Mart on Bellflower Blvd. that has racks and racks of [women's] clothes at 40% off the last markdown price (as of this post).

A girl could really clean up on there

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Cami's,, slips dresses ,skirt, blouses, shoes , all at great prices
    Angie
    Am not too proud to look and have scored lots over time.

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!