Thread: Seeking Advice on Shopping

Seeking Advice on Shopping

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on where to shop on line for fem items. Things like really nice stockings, high heels, dresses ect. I recently went through a purge and I really want to stock back up. This time I want to go all out. If you can offer some advice please reply.

Kayla

The Mall?

They tend to sell everyhing there.

Seriously...a little more information would help. Can you fit into "normal" girl sizes, or do you have size 13 (mens) feet or are 6'5"? That greatly affects where you should shop.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

More Info

Your right. Maybe more information would be helpful. I'm 5'6".....180 pounds....size 8 shoe for men, 10 for womans shoe. I need to purchase most of my things on line. Really love stockings. Would like to find the shiny ones as well as garters.

K

Have you tried http://www.stockingstore.com/index.asp ? They seem to have a huge range of stockings, and every type of garter belt from 4 up to 12 straps! Very sexy! I'm not speaking from personal experience though (I live in England), but I love the look of those garters!

Tony

Kayla, Go to another area where you are not known and go shopping. It can be a lot of fun, plus you will know the clothes and shoes will fit.

Being a cold, rainy day, I went shopping today at a large mall in Pittsburgh. I was in drab. I was dressed androgynously in women's jeans, nice femme sweater, Low heeled Connie loafers, and I had panty hose on under my jeans for trying on shoes. I tried on shoes at four different stores--Ninewest, Bakers, Macys, and Guess. Was well treated in each store. Ended up buying 3 pairs. I was also looking for tunic length sweaters to wear with leggings. Went to the Limited, found a nice V-neck sweater and got a cami to match. Also found a nice sweater at Wetseal. In each store, I walked in like I owned the store. I smiled and warmly greeted the SA when she greeted me. I openly told her what I was looking for and that the items were for me. In each instance, I received warm, friendly, courteous, professional service. As I was leaving each store, the SA said "thank you and please do come back".

The point I am making is that shopping is not only easy, but can be a lot of fun. I was at the mall early on Friday (a weekday). That is the time to shop. The stores are basically empty and the SA's have time to work with you. I got into conversations with the SA's in each store. As they were not busy, they had time to chat. The young lady at Macys was especially good. I am going onto their website later to give her a glowing report.

So, pick a weekday, go to the mall early, relax, smile, be open and honest with the SA's, and shop, shop, shop.

Jodi

Another excellent place to get stockings and garter belts is http://www.stockingshq.com/.

They have an excellent customer service staff, and will be able to advise you as to which stockings they sell that have a high shine to them. If you provide your leg measurements, inseam, and circumference, they will be able to provide you with the proper size. They can also advise you on garter belts, again if you supply your hip and waist measurements.

For everyday wear, Sears carries stockings that come in 5 sizes, and they only cost $2.50 per pair.

Helen

Silver Member

stockingshq.com is more than just a shop!

As shopping advice, Helen in OK, you gave us an excellent website dedicated to stockings. I started to surf it and found they also have a sizeable forum section.

www.stockingshq.com/newforum/index.php/f/3/

Worth a look, maybe? I looked quickly and found I didn't like it as much as the freer discussions found here, but still not bad.

Kayla,
    You might consider asking a GG friend who is aware of your dressing to go shopping with you the first few times. It would help. I was pretty lucky, my wife was the one who got me started in dressing, and my small frame (5-8 / 145) helped. We went shopping together and I was dressed, but we went to stores not really close to where we lived. The amazing aspect is that the higher end stores that they are, the more cordial they were to me. Again, try to have a GG friend go with you.

Take Care,
    Andrea..

Kayla, I agree with Jodi

I am so new at this but one thing I have done the last few weeks is shop. Everyday at lunch time. At first I scoured all the sites on the internet thinking I would never be able to go in a store. But one experience led to the next and I have been to dozens of stores and talked to dozens of clerks by now. I have learned a few things. If someone is friendly to me right off the bat, that person will be friendly with me through the whole process. If not friendly, I browse and leave. The stores I think I tended to avoid the most at first are probably the best. Small owner owned stores will go to great lengths to earn your business. And finally, sometimes being humble and respectful and careful to not offend others goes a long way. I now feel that I will use the internet only when I have to. Most people enjoy helping and you will enjoy them helping you!

I hope this helps. I know I did not provide what you were requesting. But I wanted to share this with you because it has been so positive for me.

Michelia