Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different view?

Scrunchie-Bunchie, I agee with most of what you said. I also never feel like a girl or woman, even dressed in all femme including wig and makeup and looking decent enough to blend in with the crowds, I always feel like my male self. And as for feeling feminine, it has little to do with how I dress, but more affected by my mood of the day. Some days I feel more masculine, some days I feel more feminine, but most days a mix. If I had my way I would never wear a wig and little to no makeup and always present my male self. I would just wear a mix of feminine and masculine clothes. Much like many women do today. But my little town is not ready for that, and I would not put my family through that. And that is my choice, as I am also a father and husband first. We all make choices that we feel are best for us. My wife and I are actively working to find where my feminine parts fit in.

When writting or chatting with others I try to use generic pronouns when I can, otherwise feminine ones for curtesy, or I will use gurl or gurlz. But still mix in the male ones also at times, and I think mostly because I am always just feeling like my male self no matter how feminine I am feeling that day. What can I say, I just guess I am a mixed up person. I am a Feminine and Masculine Male person.

BTW, my wife really does not like it when I use feminine names or pronouns when refering to a cding. I wonder how many other wifes are like that.

KimberlyS - CD
    A guy in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Ok, so we're guys. Aren't we allowed to play pretend?

I don't mind being referred to as "him", but being called "It" really hurt.

When my friends visit me while I'm en femme, I prefer that they use my femme name, but it doesn't kill me if they don't.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Wow, I never gave this topic much thought before, and am a little surprised that anyone would be offended by being refered to as girl, but we are all different so it makes sense I suppose.

I guess what got me thinking is that 99% of us here have a female name above our avatar, so it makes me wonder why someone would call you something other than girl, or lady when you are here. Just food for thought, don't want to step on anyones feelings.
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

This pretty much says it for me too (Thank you, Shelley).

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_P View Post
    It's not neccessarily a desire to pass

The main reason is.

This is the gender we present here, so that is the main reason for being called a Girl

Its a text version of the optical illusion

And yes we have some members who do pass on a regular basis but that is not everyones aim
    warmly, Linnea

Me I would like to be called sis or girl when I am on this site to.
    I am getting a couple of more bras tonight and I might end up getting
    flats tonight to not sure about them yet. I am marrried to a women and
    I have a lot of male fantasys but in here I am a women

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunchie-Bunchie View Post
    I notice people seem to call each other "girl" or "lady" here. I'm puzzled over this because I don't consider myself to be a girl or a lady.

I wear women's clothes out of preferance (in fact my wife even finds it erotic). I find cosmetics to be a ton of bother and when they're applied I can't really see any difference in my appearence unless they're so thickly applied that I end up looking like a Geisha. I have never considered myself to be a woman though (having said that I'd love to have the experience of being a woman if there's ever a reincarnation). Deep down, I know I'm a man. I know I would never pass as a woman for several reasons:
    1. I have an Adam's apple.
    2. My face - eyebrows, jawline, hairline are all male.
    3. I don't curve in at the waist (even overweight women curve inwards a bit).
    4. I don't have a curvaceous backside.
    5. I don't walk like a woman because anatomically I'm not a woman.
    6. I have a male voice.
    I would never "pass" and never intend to try to do so - even though secretly I'd love to be able to be seen as a woman.

So... this seemingly overwhealming desire to "pass" and to consider oneself as a woman while wearing women's clothing baffles me. Maybe I'm missing something?

I have always hated the fact the puberty changed me into a man. I wished to god it had skipped me and let me grow into the gurl I am.

Banned Read only

It

I prefer to be refered to as an "it" my favorite television charachter was always the Adams family Cuzzin It.

I consider myself more in the Guy who likes to wear dresses category. i rarely bother with makeup and wig, but when I do I don't feel anymore feminine than if I am in jeans and flats than a skirt and heels. I'm not looking to present as female anywhere, and the name I uae here is just something I made up for this forum. I don't have a problem with calling anyone Girl if that is how they see themselves, it is afterall a personal thing, and so many here look so fabulous that Girl, or Lady is the only thing that fits. A lot of it has to do with your state of mind and how you see yourself. You could be 6'4", 200 lbs, but if you see yourself as feminine, these inner feelings will come out and manifest themselves. So it's not important what you want to be seen as by others , but what you are inside and how you express those feelings.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Quote Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
    I prefer to be refered to as an "it" my favorite television charachter was always the Adams family Cuzzin It.
    Fair enough, Snookums. I guess it depends on the tone in which it's delivered. I wasn't expecting a mature-age guy driving an expensive car on the richer side of town to yell it out at me.

I always loved Cousin Itt, too!

Robin
    Last edited by Robin Leigh; 10-24-2006 at 07:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

The first night I ever went out in public was with 2 friends. 1 GG and 1 F2M crossdresser. At the beginning of the night my f2m friend asked me what they should call me. "After all," she said, "tonight you are a woman." (She , or he, rather, takes these gender issues very seriously) I thougt about it for a second and realized that I did not feel comfortable having the call me by my real name, and a male name like Bill wouldn't fit, so why not use a fem name. That night Shannon was born. (first name that came to mind).

When dressed in public I feel more comfortable being referred to in the feminine sense so as not to betray my true identity (wow, that sounds so "super-heroish...lol). So it only seems natural to be referred to as "girl" or "she" on this forum. It really is a way to feel as though the transition is complete, even if only during the time I am on this site.
    Shannon

feel the same way

I have to admit, I felt the same way you do regarding adopting a female name in the beginning. And, like you I couln't "pass" on an overcast moonless night, but I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to how things should look. So my desire to someday have someone do my nails and make-up so I can finally come as close to "passing" as I can, has little to do with trying to pass, its just how I approach all things.

Yes, I have adopted a female moniker for this website. I did not want to be the only member named Jim.

Jim / AKA Amiad

OK madam, you got it!

Bianca.

I read a lot of the posts here and get a feel of what members refer to being called 'him or her' and the majority I think would find it a bit offensive if I refered to them as 'him/he for mtf and her/she for ftm'... especially the TS members. Some members don't mind it, some get a thrill out of it.... but I think the majority say 'her for mtf and him for ftm' out of sheer courtesy
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

actually I have an alter ego if you like on here --------- Jess ---------- not my real name but amazinginly now it almost feels more comfortable than my own name

Originally it was chosen to help protect my DH's ID now i just plain like it

Jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by jess(SO) View Post
    actually I have an alter ego if you like on here --------- Jess ---------- not my real name but amazinginly now it almost feels more comfortable than my own name

Originally it was chosen to help protect my DH's ID now i just plain like it

Jess
    LOL, that's ironic isn't it... Tamara isn't my real name, but I actually prefer it to my real name although.... my alter ego isn't as bitchy as Tamara
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Dudes and Dudettes

Tamara said the majic word. It is about courtesy for others. Simple respect to show appreciation.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

I don't consider myself a woman. I just like being refered to as female when appropriate. Plus it helps distiguish us from the FtMs.

But honestly I don't really care that much about it.
    Hail Satin!

This is a subject that often comes up in the college class presentations on crossdressing that I am involved in. I tell the students that if they encounter a transgender person, they should use pronouns appropriate to the gender that person is currently presenting, as a matter of simple courtesy.
    Phoebe

Tamara,
    You bitchy why didn't somebody warn me

now gone into again lol

Jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I respect that some of us don't want to be called girls but for me, please do! I love falling into the fantasy that I'm a woman sharing comments with my girlfriends. When I'm out I'm always Natasha and everyone who knows me, and some who don't, refer to me by name or with female pronouns. I simply love it!
    As for the walk, it really isn't all that hard if you practice. At first it took me a lot of concentration - placing one foot just ahead of the other and keeping my arms from swinging wildly. However, with heels on I've become rather adept at strolling with lady-like steps, nails facing out with my hands at my side or holding a purse. You can easily develop that lovely sway that GG's have.
    As for makeup etc - I love it all!
    Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    I don't know. Call me strange but I still get a thrill out of it when someone refers to me as she or her. Also when someone starts a post with "Hi Girls".
    You can count me strange right beside Karen because I feel the same way. Many times I say girls in my posts. It's just the way I feel and I think all of us are big enough "girls" to accept differences in each other and our method of communicating. If we can't, we probably need "accepting differences" training.
    Vivian