Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Famous People That Crossdress(ed)

Famous People That Crossdress(ed)

I know that there were many famous people that crossdressed, but I am unsure of who they were. Can anyone help us figure them out, I know we'll never know all of them as many never ever came out and would have been destroyed if they did. There was the Hoover that was the head of the FBI I think, I was told Mark Anthony of the Cleopatra time. Let's let it out. Do you know who I'm talking about???
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY

Kurt Cobain was rumored to have enjoyed wearing women's underwear

We know all about Edward D. Wood, Jr., hack film maker and crossdresser. And according to the biography about Wood, "Nightmare of Ecstasy", Danny Kaye was also a crossdresser; gives a whole new meaning to "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty."

Vaudevillain Dan Dailey reportedly wore women's clothes at home and sometimes in public.

J. Edgar Hoover's femme name was apparently "Muriel".

Harris Glenn Milstead, aka Divine, appeared in female roles in most of John Waters's films.

Comedian Eddie Izzard describes himself as an "Executive Transvestite."

Dennis Rodman's public appearances in varying degrees of drag are well-documented.

Herman Goering, commander of the Luftwaffe in WW II, was also a crossdresser and partial to silk nightwear.

King Henry III of France insisted on being considered a woman and addressed as "Her Majesty."

Tony Curtis supposedly wore women's clothing even after "Some Like It Hot."

Sportscaster Marv Albert, who it was revealed wore bras, panties, and garters and stockings under his suits
    Last edited by KathrynTX; 10-21-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Famous Crossdressers

Acording to Wikipedia (see link below) seem to be many more FTM than MTF famous crossdressers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dressing

In Greek mythology
    · Achilles
    · Athena

In Norse myths and legends
    · Thor
    · Odin
    · Hagbard
    · Frotho I
    · Hervor

Famous historical examples of cross-dressing people
    · Hua Mulan
    · Pope Joan
    · Joan of Arc
    · Anne Bonny and Mary Read
    · Bonnie Prince Charlie
    · Chevalier d'Eon
    · George Sand (Amandine-Aurore-Lucile Dupin)
    · Dorothy Lawrence
    · Rrose Sélavy,
    · J. S. G. Boggs
    · Yasumasa Morimura
    · Grayson Perry
    · Billy Tipton
    · Willmer "Little Ax" Broadnax
    · Edward Hyde, 3rd Earl of Clarendon
    · Eddie Izzard

there have been many actors and actresses that have crossdressed at one time or another. I dont know how many of them did it "off camera" though. Many moons ago.. tom hanks had a show called bosom buddies.. It was a comedy series .. something tells me he had to like it on some level or he wouldnt have done the show for so long. There are many others but like I said I dont know if they have ever done it "off camera".
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I seen a Tabloid one time where Brad Pit wore a Bright Red Dress to see a Play, he had on tennis shoes though. But who knows if it was real or made up by the tabloid. He did not hide the fact he was a guy (no Makeup).
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY

Banned Read only
    lets not forget Elmer Fudd,Bugs Bunny,the Roadrunner,and my hero Wyle E. Coyote,Super Genius.
    There had to be some kind of hidden message in those cartoons where the character dressed in womens clothes. subliminal brainwshing?

Bob Hope. Chris Kattan. All those "kids in the hall" guys. Dana Carvey, Johnny Carson, Flip Wilson, Howard Stern, Milton Bearle, Marlilyn Manson, Ru Paul, David Bowie, The New York Dolls, I'm sure the list goes on. And even if they only did it "on stage", there's still got to be a reason that they chose that route.

cant forget good old J Edgar Hoover

Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

David Beckham, English Soccer Star and former Team Captain wore a sarong and his wife Victoria (Posh Spice) Adams' panties.

Singer Rod Stewart is also said to wear women's panties, usually his girlfriends'.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    What about Johnny Depp? I just read something about him and CD, but I couldn't quite make out what it was they were getting at.
    He did appear in several scenes "Ed Wood" clad in angora sweater, skirt, and heels.

Famous CD's

Ericka Richards was one. Famous around these parts anyway. Ericka/Rich

Appendage

The Duke?!!?

Here is one you may not believe but I was researching recently this very question.

When I stumbled across an actual book available on Amazon.com

Here is a cover pic:
    Dukecover3.jpg

(There I hope that worked)

A small quote here:

"It's not whether you wear frilly panties," Steigelberg's quotes Wayne as saying, "but what you do when you take them off at the end of the day that defines you as a man."

[SIZE=1]If anyone wants to read all of the review I do have it saved.
    I will post it her just say so.

THis is Jestina in a rare "short winded" moment.
    [/SIZE]

But really now...John Wayne?
    Well, in a twist of irony, Myron Steigelberg was Waynes accountant and close friend.

Here I am replying to this post while still dressed in my typical night attire.
    (silks and panties)

While sleeping on my couch is MY ACCOUNTANT
    and long time close friend...
    Who is oblivious to my "other" wardrobe.

But still life is wierd and then gets strange.

OK then!!!

Jestina.
    Cruisin' on a sardine boat
    Loaded with crazy people

My favorite Actor Robin Williams
    ( got to meet in person when my son was in UCFS Ca.)

Im not saying he is a CDer , but he did play in/as Mrs. Doubtfire,
    a gay man in the Bird Cage, an a small part ( geglo I think) Too Wong Foo
    I know he likes to Dress oddly for TV, saw him on a talk show other night an was wearing black suit with purple lining, he made a few comments about it , however when I saw him in person he was wearing a grey sweat shirt -plad ( yuk ) slacks an had about 3 days growth on his face, he was handing out stuff toys to all the children at the hoisptal. from what I was told buy one of the nurses he does that every year,

Not sure of his off screen name , but Klinger from the Mash, dressed for the camera many times

and dont for get my all time favorite musical , with Tim Curry think thats how he got started in show biz - Rocky Horror Pictuer Show
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tom Petty is a crossdresser?

Hello Girls,

This thread sparked a memory of a Tom Petty video where he is reportedly "en femme" and singing backup to himself!

In 1994, Tom Petty released "Wildflowers". Track 2 of that album is titled "You Don't Know How It Feels". The video to this song won the "Best Male Vocal Video" of the year in 1995.

When I first saw this video on MTV or VH1, the Veejay said that the gorgeous woman who does the walk-on and sings back up is actually Tom Petty dressed as a woman! LOL! Here's the link:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/petty_tom/artist.jhtml

I showed this video to my wife and she was in awe. She said that she did see a resemblence to each other. Curious.

I never did hear any refutations about this claim. Watch for yourselves and then you decide!

Hugs,

Ginger

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger62 View Post
    Hello Girls,

This thread sparked a memory of a Tom Petty video where he is reportedly "en femme" and singing backup to himself!

In 1994, Tom Petty released "Wildflowers". Track 2 of that album is titled "You Don't Know How It Feels". The video to this song won the "Best Male Vocal Video" of the year in 1995.

When I first saw this video on MTV or VH1, the Veejay said that the gorgeous woman who does the walk-on and sings back up is actually Tom Petty dressed as a woman! LOL! Here's the link:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/petty_tom/artist.jhtml

I showed this video to my wife and she was in awe. She said that she did see a resemblence to each other. Curious.

I never did hear any refutations about this claim. Watch for yourselves and then you decide!

Hugs,

Ginger
    the video did not work,site problems

Iwould like to think of George Bush embracing his femenine side - it might help him to stop invading countries and killing people willy nilly ...

StephanieCD
    I read in several places that one of the Wachowski brothers (the writers of the Matrix movies) was possibly a transitioning tg. I read that he shows no outward signs (dressing in public) but has been slowly getting a more hairless, tweezed look, and once showed up to an opening wearing large hoop earrings and a very femme outfit. It's rumored that he has a professional domme girlfriend and there's been some secrecy about where his money went. Blah blah blah.

I don't know it's a fact but he's the most current case I can think of that has someone in the limelight who appears to be in the closet and reluctant to come out about dressing and gender issues.

The cases where it's someone who dresses largely on camera I think might be misleading because a lot of times I think they do it for the laughs, ya know?

I do remember seeing a tabloid one time that said Charles Bronson wore dresses to school. I read the article and it said that he lived in Pennsylvania when he was a kid and his family did not have a lot of money, so he had to wear his sisters hand-me-downs dresses to school.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Glam Rockers

As I was walking the dog yesterday wearing a skin tight pair of low cut jeans, I remembered thinking how this was no different than the stuff glam rockers of the late 80s wore. Bringing to mind... one in particular...

Sebastian Bach - former lead singer for Skid Row and also on some lame reality show recently. Not looking so good now, but in the 80's... Wow it all fits too. I actually saw this tool live in '88 at a double header, Skid Row & Bon Jovi show (my first wife was in heaven). Sebastian exibited all the traits of a repressed closet dresser. Most of his dialogue between songs was about how he was going to kick someone or anothers arse (overcompensating) and the whole time I was thinking how good he would look in a dress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    No one mentioned Lord Cornbury, a formmer Govenor of NY in the 1800s, whom a support group in Vancouver Canada is named after, the Corbury Society (it was through links there that I found this site). He dressed in drag quite often AND in public.

Really, girls....how can you dwell on pop stars and ignore the greatest of them all, Chevalier D'Eon?

The Lord Cornbury myth

It was only political satire that caused that famous painting to be made, it seems he was not a crossdresser. Oh well (as a history major in university I learned this)

Haven't we all seen that famous painting? But political satire was vicious at that time and being a supporter of the British and appointed by the British he came under great social pressure.

One less myth to think about now.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Usa

Quote Originally Posted by Emily1 View Post
    Iwould like to think of George Bush embracing his femenine side - it might help him to stop invading countries and killing people willy nilly ...
    Get over it Emily we love our president and no bunch of goofs are going to change our minds. He's only doing what should have been done years ago.

Sorry about taking over the thread but some people just don't realize what's at stake here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Get over it Emily we love our president and no bunch of goofs are going to change our minds. He's only doing what should have been done years ago.

Sorry about taking over the thread but some people just don't realize what's at stake here.
    I think you meant to say that you love our president, right? I could say a lot more, but that's something for a different thread.

And, back to it, how about Billy Tipton, who was a jazz musician and hid the fact that he was a GG partially to be able to obtain work and respect in that male dominated field.
    -Sedona

Canadian motorcycle roadracer Mike Duff who is now Michelle Duff

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling