Thread: Goodday at GOODWILL!!!

Smile Goodday at GOODWILL!!!

What a great afternoon. My wife and I haven't been invited to any Holloween parties, but that's ok. I decided to go shopping at the East trail, Naples Fl. Goodwill. I decided to use Holloween as an excuse to get a new outfit and maybe my first wig. I went in being a little nervous, but I was determined to come out with something. I took a quick look around and didn't see any wigs and I didn't notice any shoes that would fit me. I felt a little bummed out and was about to leave. At the last second I asked a salesgirl walking past me if they had any wigs. I was going to admit to being a cd,but decided to act like the shy new guy at his first time in the girls section. I told her I wanted to dress like a girl for holloween. With a huge smile, she grabbed my hand and said we are going to have some fun. She had me trying on one outfit after the other. She led me around and had the other ladies looking for shoes. She had a blond wig in the back that she was going to use, but insisted I wear it. I acted embarressed, but I was having the time of my life. I thought we were all done and before I could take another breath, she had a white lace bra on me and my first scarf, belt and purse in my hands. When I was all dressed, she took me around the shop and was telling the other people to check me out. Everyone was smiling, even other guys. I think it looked like we were having so much fun, everyone wanted to be part of it. She was telling me what color makeup I should wear and even said I should wear a thong with the dress I was in.(I just happened to be wearing my first thong this day). Blond wig...90cents....New outfit.$10.00...Assesseries.$9.00....Shopping experience..$wonderfull!!! Tata for now ..Sandy
    P.S. I wish I could put into words a lot better how good this day was.
    Last edited by Sandygal; 10-23-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Banned Read only
    I miss goodwill stores,we don't have goodwill in utah,we have Deseret Industries,the mormons bearly allow the salvation army in here,too much competition.

I also like to shop at good will, the SA are always nice and they have nice cloths if you have the time to look.
    Joyce

Sandygal,
    Glad you had a nice time at the Goodwill.

I was at my local one the other day too, browsing in the dress rack - basking in the immediate pre-Halloween no pressure period - when a GG shopping next to me said: "Here's a cute one if you are looking for a pretty dress." She held up a blue prom dress. We chatted for a couple minutes about the selection, about what a pain it was to find somthing that fit me with my height (over 6 ft), and how it is too bad that any dress that is particularly femme looking and of multiple fabrics will no doubt require some dry cleaning. She admired the couple dresses I had selected to go try on in the fitting room too. She later left and I saw her leading a guy, her boyfriend I assume, to the same area so he could pick out something for himself. They were looking for a costume for him and, no doubt, the girl assumed I was shopping for something to wear for a party too when she spoke to me, but it was still nice to talk clothes with a GG with no embarrasment of weirdness of any kind. Such moments can be really neat.

Best,
    Gunda
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi

Cool!!! Glad you had a good experence with GoodWill Stores. Really they are a good organaization, they help many people. We look at the clothes, but we don't look at all the people that are helped by buying from them. Buy Good Will...BJ

I need to take a big load of kids clothes to Goodwill soon. I have an 8 year old in the house and she outgrows stuff pretty quickly and her grandpa (my wife's father) buys her lots of clothes. I really like Goodwill stores, I've found some neat stuff there, becides clothes. It can be a good place to look for collectable toys and stuff too.

girl next door
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    What a great afternoon... I wish I could put into words a lot better how good this day was.
    Don't worry, we could pretty much tell!

I'm so happy for you, what a wonderful experience!

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Sandy, thank you for sharing your wonderful story. Goodwill has become my favorite place to shop. Maybe I'll work up the courage to ask about wigs!

Glad you enjoyed the post. I'm sitting at my keypad this morning all dressed in my new outfit. Oops, my Holloween outfit. Ha ha!

sandy -- Don't you love it when an SA will be so excited about finding you, a guy, something femme. I had that happen a couple of years ago. I was trying on items and coming out of the dressing room which faced the front of the store and the mall itself. I was a little anxious about this, but she (an older lady) told me not to worry: that I could say it was for my wife.
    Two points, for my wife and coming out of the dressing room? And saying it was for my wife, had she heard that before? And who said it? I went back some time later, but she was no longer there.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Goodday at Goodwill

I have got to go shopping at Goodwill before Holloween arrives

Melissa
    Last edited by melissaabom; 10-24-2006 at 10:00 AM. Reason: error

Sounds like FUN! I gotta go

What fun! I was feeling a little bit down before I read your post, Sandy, but you've cheered my right up. Thanks!

From her reactions, I think your friend at the Goodwill won't have any problems if you tell her that it wasn't just for Halloween.

The wife of a good friend of mine started working in a charity store a few months ago. She doesn't know about Robin, & from comments her husband has made, I don't think he'd be very comfortable if I told him. But I'm dying to tell the wife, and after the inspiration I got from your post, I think I may do it very soon...

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Hi girls
    Goodwill rules at this time of year. Just got back from two different stores and the SA at both jumped all over me to help. Three sets of shoes one is a killer set of boots with 4" stilletto heels one open toed and very nice pair of pumps. Three skirts, they thought I was a 16 turned out a 12 was the size wow!! love that. Two dresses one form fitting stretchy thing to die for very cute and sexy. One nice wig my first wearing it now with the form fitting jeans that i found and those wow boots. Four clip on ear rings necklace and three bracelets. Oh and one of the skirts was a leather shorty very nice. Handbag and a make up kit with every thing some of the make up will not use most is good with good quality product. Maybe some Cd purged that ouch 50c. Total $36 no way yes.

Priceless day

Luv Regina

Hi Regina.....I hope all the other CDers hit the Goodwill this week. Maybe we can overwhelm them. Newspaper headlines. 1,0000's OF CROSSDRESSERS BUY OUT GOODWILL. Then Goodwill will hang up signs on their windows. Welcome Crossdressers, come in for your shopping pleasure year round. Ok gurls, lets make it happen. Lets hit those stores tomorrow. Make sure you pick up other CDers on your way so that you can use the express lanes. Bring cash. We need to keep those lines moving. Maybe Goodwill can install quick pass...............I'm sorry...I was bored!......Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa51 View Post
    I have got to go shopping at Goodwill before Holloween arrives

Melissa
    Melissa, Yes, I would go quickly. There is more cd'ing than one could imagine, and, in our area, the selection of larger sizes goes quickly before Halloween. There are a lot of men looking for women's clothes. So go before the selection is gone.

Jodi

Sandygal give me the address to that goodwill and the sales girls name.

okay just kiddin. I went to sa today. I wont hijack your thread on that story (which is nowhere as cool as yours).

glad you had a good time.

Jessica Ellise.

wow.. you ladies are lucky.. I have been to the goodwill a number of times and that has never happend. I am gald you had a good time though.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I'm just glad my wife and I wear the same size

Sandy
    Send all the girls and the signs will be out and those that have not been it is great. You never know what you will find!!

Regina